Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    If all we are getting is pick 30-something (as I read in this thread), I hope he stays. He finished the year off well, suggesting he will be back to his best next year. I rate him still as a player, obviously. I doubt he is a bad influence, the other players would just give him the cold shoulder if he played up.
    The biggest part with Hunter for mine is the salary dump. If a club wants to take on his whole salary, that's enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    The biggest part with Hunter for mine is the salary dump. If a club wants to take on his whole salary, that's enough.
    ok, his last two seasons have been disappointing, but I think he can get back to his best next year based on his finish to 2022. But if that's not what you feel will happen, I take your point - he is pretty damaged at the moment if you look past his last 3 games or so.

[edit: actually his 2021 was good - bar the GF but he was in company - 2020 was the other bad year, when he side swiped those cars, etc.]
    Last edited by F'scary; 30-09-2022 at 02:45 PM.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    ok, his last two seasons have been disappointing, but I think he can get back to his best next year based on his finish to 2022. But if that's not what you feel will happen, I take your point - he is pretty damaged at the moment if you look past his last 3 games or so.

[edit: actually his 2021 was good - bar the GF but he was in company - 2020 was the other bad year, when he side swiped those cars, etc.]
    I agree with you on his ability. The issue for mine is how broken the relationship is. That on top of his personal issues + his form being down for a couple of years (all interrelated, but still a few different parts that need to be corrected) mean I think the cap space can be used in a better one.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Doerre gives his view on our list needs

Western Bulldogs

List needs:

Key defender

Crumbing forward

Another ruckman

Who should they target?

Former Bulldog Liam Jones is set to re-join the Kennel as a delisted free agent and appears to be the key defence solution the Dogs need to complement to Alex Keath. If Jones can return to the standard he performed to in 2021 he can be a difference maker in the Dogs back half. The Western Bulldogs have also completed a medical on Adam Tomlinson who the club are also keen to secure during the trade period. With Tomlinson also able to play on a wing, he would give the Dogs added flexibility and insurance.

With the Western Bulldogs long having needed a crumbing forward to completement their existing forwards, this draft is one where a long-term crumbing forward can be located given the quality and depth of options available this year. If the Western Bulldogs are able to retain their second-round pick, Olli Hotton, Jacob Konstanty, Charlie Clarke and Noah Long are among the small forwards in this draft the Dogs should hoping fall to their pick.

With Rory Lobb requesting a trade to Western Bulldogs, while he is a luxury addition, he provides ruck insurance and is a suitable ruck partner who he can share the ruck minutes with over the short to medium term. The major benefit of this pairing is that it allows the Dogs to protect Sam Darcy from premature ruck exposure and lets him focus on further developing his key position craft.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Thanks bulldogtragic, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I agree with you on his ability. The issue for mine is how broken the relationship is. That on top of his personal issues + his form being down for a couple of years (all interrelated, but still a few different parts that need to be corrected) mean I think the cap space can be used in a better one.
    Well, if it has got to that stage, I am with you. I am hoping it hasn't but maybe in vain.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Chris Doerre gives his view on our list needs

Former Bulldog Liam Jones is set to re-join the Kennel as a delisted free agent and appears to be the key defence solution the Dogs need to complement to Alex Keath. If Jones can return to the standard he performed to in 2021 he can be a difference maker in the Dogs back half. The Western Bulldogs have also completed a medical on Adam Tomlinson who the club are also keen to secure during the trade period. With Tomlinson also able to play on a wing, he would give the Dogs added flexibility and insurance.
    Not sure either of these are true

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Not sure either of these are true
    I'd say he had written this last week when the speculation was there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd say he had written this last week when the speculation was there.
    I'm so glad we didn't go down that path.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm so glad we didn't go down that path.
    The names we were being linked with was just strange. With Cordy not accepting our offer yet I guess we might need to cast a wide net to ensure we have options but more names will start to appear soon.

Post Thanks / Like

With Dunkley gone would Liam Stocker be a worth a punt as a cheapie addition?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    With Dunkley gone would Liam Stocker be a worth a punt as a cheapie addition?
    A 'mid' with low endurance wouldn't work in our game style.
    Where do you think he would play for us?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

13. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Our high energy, manic pressure style play would leave him exhausted by the end of the first quarter. Hang out.. isn't that what happened to our whole team in the Freo game ?

15. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Are you sure he is a low endurance player and that cannot be fixed or improved? SOS speaks very highly of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Graham is a glue like player( Bevs reference to Dunkley) that I think we need more of. He turned down Port and I'm not sure he would get enough midfield minutes at the kennel but he would be there when the whips are cracking on finals day that's for sure.

I'm surprised Richmond are trying to get rid of him, Id take one of Hopper/Taranto and play him along side of them.

While I'm at it, Toby Bedford from the Dees would be handy to have buzzing around our talls next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Jack Graham is a glue like player( Bevs reference to Dunkley) that I think we need more of. He turned down Port and I'm not sure he would get enough midfield minutes at the kennel but he would be there when the whips are cracking on finals day that's for sure.

I'm surprised Richmond are trying to get rid of him, Id take one of Hopper/Taranto and play him along side of them.

While I'm at it, Toby Bedford from the Dees would be handy to have buzzing around our talls next year.
    I think Graham has basically two years to go...are Richmond really trying to move him OR is he wanting a move because he can see his already limited midfield minutes being further constricted??
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

19. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post