Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think Graham has basically two years to go...are Richmond really trying to move him OR is he wanting a move because he can see his already limited midfield minutes being further constricted??
    Bringing in both those players is sending a message I reckon, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted some more room in the cap also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    With Dunkley gone would Liam Stocker be a worth a punt as a cheapie addition?
    I think West might be in some small part in the replacement plans for Dunkley and I wonder what role Stocker might be best suited to going forward. He is a victim of a Carlton deep list but he just hasn't established himself yet.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Thanks Jasper thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it surprising that we haven't been linked with more names?
    Jones and Lobb is a small shopping list after a couple of other names have been dismissed.

Post Thanks / Like

Jones and Lobb is a small shopping list after a couple of other names have been dismissed.
    Sam keeps things pretty close to his chest
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Considering that we have the money from Dunkley's contract offer available, I hope we are going to use it on bringing someone in.

But our list management (as opposed to team selection) seems to be pretty closely guarded.

Post Thanks / Like

There’s not much you can do when the main players leaving clubs don’t nominate your club. We’ve been rumoured with players like Tomlinson, Rowe and Magden (please no no no), so who knows. I’m not hopeful of any one else other than Jones and Lobb (on final day of trade).
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    There’s not much you can do when the main players leaving clubs don’t nominate your club. We’ve been rumoured with players like Tomlinson, Rowe and Magden (please no no no), so who knows. I’m not hopeful of any one else other than Jones and Lobb (on final day of trade).
    They prob nominate clubs cause clubs have been into them for a while. So I guess you need to plan ahead?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    They prob nominate clubs cause clubs have been into them for a while. So I guess you need to plan ahead?
    I’m guessing so in some way. I think you also need to paint your club as a destination as well. We don’t seem to be a club that gets in your face and on the front foot like teams like Geelong seem to do.

Post Thanks / Like

The difference is there is an acknowledgement of Jones and Lobb and just some speculation on the other players with Tomlinson talk being shot down.

We don't really need to bring in fringe players unless they could really cover a gap for us.

11. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the consensus on James Rowe? Admittedly, I don't know enough about him other than the fact he's a typical forward pocket.

Do we want him? Will he improve our side?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    What is the consensus on James Rowe? Admittedly, I don't know enough about him other than the fact he's a typical forward pocket.

This is an article from August:

BULLDOGS “SET TO POUNCE” ON ADELAIDE SMALL FORWARD

Adelaide’s James Rowe is again on the radar of the Western Bulldogs.
    That is according to SEN SA’s Andrew Hayes who believes the Bulldogs are “set to pounce” on the small forward.

The Dogs were interested in Rowe prior to the 2020 National Draft but essentially could not select the Woodville-West Torrens premiership player after the Crows made a bid on Jamarra Ugle-Hagan at pick 1.
    That left Luke Beveridge’s club without the points required to take Rowe in the second round when the Crows snapped him up at pick 38.

However, the Dogs are again keen on the 22-year-old who is out of contract this year and yet to re-sign with the Crows.
    “James Rowe is probably not going to get a contract at the Crows, that’s the word,” Hayes said on SEN SA Breakfast.

“The word right now is he’s probably not going to get renewed. This is a bloke who has played 16 games this year and averaging 13 disposals which is marked as above average for a small forward.

“He kicked two goals on the weekend (against North Melbourne) and was a late addition for Wayne Milera.
    “The Bulldogs are red hot into him. They were into him a couple of years ago, they were going to draft him, hence why the Crows had to nominate Jamarra Ugle-Hagan to get rid of a lot of their (the Bulldogs’) points.

“They couldn’t accumulate enough points from draft picks to get to James Rowe so he could be on their list.

“Now it looks like the Bulldogs are set to pounce on James Rowe.”

Kane Cornes is confident Rowe will again be on an AFL list in 2023, but expects to see him in Crows colours despite the Dogs’ reported interest.

However, he wouldn’t be overly surprised if Rowe ended up elsewhere.
    “He might get a better offer to go,” he said.

“I still think the Crows will offer him a contract, but whether it will be a bargain basement type setup or whether another club sees a different and a larger role for him to play.

“He might have a decision to make. It might be good for him to go to another club.

“He’ll be playing AFL football next year, I think it will still be at Adelaide but I wouldn’t be surprised if another club makes him feel a bit more loved than Adelaide has made him feel.”

Rowe has played 35 games for Adelaide over the last two seasons and has returned 27 goals, including 12 in 16 outings in 2022.
    In 34 games over two years he has kicked 27.22 so should fit in
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Swoop, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post

To me adding someone like Rowe would be a bit of a punt. He can play in a spot we haven't quite filled but I question if he will make a difference.

16. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    To me adding someone like Rowe would be a bit of a punt. He can play in a spot we haven't quite filled but I question if he will make a difference.
    Agree. He wouldn’t be best 30. Let’s get serious and not bring in depth, but players that will have an impact from day dot.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. He wouldn’t be best 30. Let’s get serious and not bring in depth, but players that will have an impact from day dot.
    He's rubbish. If Crows people I know very well (dad was legend of sanfl, I'm talking Bradley kernahan era) absolutely disregard him as also a son of a sanfl legend then you know he's on the nose.

19. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure he is a low endurance player and that cannot be fixed or improved? SOS speaks very highly of him.
    SOS recruited him, of course he'd speak highly of him.

Endurance is one reason he's had to be hidden in defence. I just don't see him fitting our midfield well, or within our defensive system (not a great kick).

What do you see in his game that would improve us?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers