Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 13 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Daniel Bandy first season with us was pretty good I thought. To me he was a bit of a cult figure. Could Run all day, ruck and take a few marks forward. Plus the name, meant you could put him anywhere to be the "Band-aid".

Not sure what happened afterwards, in the second year.

Some interesting stats , in 2002 kicked 30 goals and played 22 games for us !

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/play...iel_Bandy.html
    He did struggle in games where Plough flooded extra players in the back line leaving our 4 forwards competing against 6 defenders but I thought he was a decent player for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Legit if we're after a forward who can relieve Engish of ruck duties for 5-8 minutes a quarter I'd prefer Casboult / Cox over Lobb. At least Levi is hitting the scoreboard this year, is a better mark than Lobb in any type of situation and is a free agent (not sure if he has signed on another year yet?), so would be cheap. Lobb wants good coin. And the whole point of getting in this type of player would be that they'd need to play long minutes as a forward, with English in the ruck, or play in the VFL. Sweet can't play this role effectively (at least we don't think he can). If we're more ruck backup focused cause we really don't want to play Sweet if English gets injured go Cox then. Would cost nothing. Casboult / Cox / Roughhead would essentially cost a list spot.

It's not ideal but neither is meeting Rory's likely outrageous demands for what you get. Did everyone see Casboult man handle Lobb in the ruck contest that led to Casboult's snap goal in their game last week? Ultimately If we're not developing Darcy as a ruckman now then we really need to draft the best available ruckman later this year so we can put the 'let's look at all the sub-par players over 200cm we can get in' to rest.
    You make a solid argument. I just don't like Levi.

If Levi kicks a goal on Saturday I'll not post for a month That's a win for everyone!

3. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

If Levi kicks a goal on Saturday I'll not post for a month That's a win for everyone!
    So what you're actually saying is that you feel Levi is at least good for one goal a game, which isn't bad.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So what you're actually saying is that you feel Levi is at least good for one goal a game, which isn't bad.
    Am I?

I'm saying he sucks.

Also that I have a terrible sense of humour xD

Talent levels across the league have dropped substantiallyin my opinion there are too many teams.

I'm backing Levi to kick 0.

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I?

I'm saying he sucks.

Also that I have a terrible sense of humour xD

Talent levels across the league have dropped substantiallyin my opinion there are too many teams.

I'm backing Levi to kick 0.
    I’d take Lobb, Levi or Cox… any of them. Zaine needs to retire.

Post Thanks / Like

Please don’t do that GG. I’m conflicted. I’ve always had a soft spot for Levi and if he was not set for Qld I’d love to have grabbed him, meanwhile I enjoy reading your posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Please don’t do that GG. I’m conflicted. I’ve always had a soft spot for Levi and if he was not set for Qld I’d love to have grabbed him, meanwhile I enjoy reading your posts.
    Levi got his chance when King went down with an injury. He was pick 3 in the rookie draft and he is 32 years old. He would have been good for a year to replace Bruce.

Hopefully he won't kick any tomorrow.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I’d take Lobb, Levi or Cox… any of them. Zaine needs to retire.
    100% agree. I’m kinda off the Zaine Train too. I will never forget his 2016 finals efforts, especially that first goal in the GF and the knee of god in the PF. Every year I think he has to prove me wrong. It’s not for want of effort, he just isn’t up to it. Even with the hesitant play of Schache I’d much prefer Josh to be given games ahead of Zaine. One of the Bevo conundrums that we mere mortals do not understand.

11. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Ha you're the one!

I've got a problem with running jokes that aren't funny.

I'm sure Levi is a decent human, I'm just not a fan of his football abilities. He certainly has made the most of what he has though.

I'm more annoyed we didn't grab Chol he's the one I'm more concerned about.

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No GG
    Don't hang yourself on the Gallows of Levi

You are daring him to score heavily and I would much prefer you to be posting.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

15. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you dare do that! I don't like Levi either I just don't like Lobb more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    No GG
    Don't hang yourself on the Gallows of Levi

You are daring him to score heavily and I would much prefer you to be posting.
    The gallows of Levi.

That sounds like a dystopian story set in America's deep south.

1984 meets to kill a mocking bird.

Love it.

18. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Don't you dare do that! I don't like Levi either I just don't like Lobb more.
    Haha. Gold. Ok I'll wind back the Levi jokes. (maybe one more?).

20. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Levi’s having a career year and keeping him goalless would go a long way to winning the game. He isn’t exactly a dynamic player but he creates 2-3 chances a game out of nowhere through his marking, whether for himself of their guys at ground level which apparently includes the world’s biggest small forward Mabior Chol.

I see what you’re doing GG. You won’t post if Levi kicks a goal but you didn’t say anything about him kicking 2 or more.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Levi’s having a career year and keeping him goalless would go a long way to winning the game. He isn’t exactly a dynamic player but he creates 2-3 chances a game out of nowhere through his marking, whether for himself of their guys at ground level which apparently includes the world’s biggest small forward Mabior Chol.

I see what you’re doing GG. You won’t post if Levi kicks a goal but you didn’t say anything about him kicking 2 or more.
    Damn! Hoist with my own petard!

I did read an article on the afl website explaining how well he's been playing. Good for him.