Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I’d suggest restructuring the salary like Schache. Which was $1M over 2 years, we made it $1M over 3 years. We’ve paid for ‘potential’ in the past, sometimes very successfully. Sometimes Schache, sometimes Tom Boyd.

If the choice is keeping Hunter treading water on $700k, trading him for peanuts and paying some salary, or replacing him with a new player on a similar wage who we think can offer the team more and reach a higher level. My preference easily is TT.
    Amazingly TT is only 22 years old.

I agree, if we can re-negotiate his salary, I would love to pick him up. He is a very talented footballer with some class.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Amazingly TT is only 22 years old.

I agree, if we can re-negotiate his salary, I would love to pick him up. He is a very talented footballer with some class.
    He’s never played in a competent team at AFEL level. You’d think the upside on him in a team like ours is huge. If his salary and any issues with the old or new coach are right, then his trade value drops a bit. Like Hunter’s is dropped. We should be all over him. And AMT if he’s returning to AFEL too.

Skill and blistering speed. Got the KPD now, trying on the second ruck. Picks galore with Dunks out. Seems like a pretty good trade period hypothetical outcome without being exceptional. Needs addressed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Liam.
    Bye bye Zaine.
    Zaine's Mad Monday performance may have not gone down well with the powers that be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Zaine's Mad Monday performance may have not gone down well with the powers that be.
    I missed the story what did he do?

Any why wasn’t Tom Boyd there to stop him again, like back in the day?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the story what did he do?

Any why wasn’t Tom Boyd there to stop him again, like back in the day?
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/af...teammates.html

Post Thanks / Like

Unless the reports are inaccurate Zaine has a contract in front of him, it's he that has chosen not to sign as yet. Seems to be weighing up another offer (possibly St Kilda).

Post Thanks / Like

We’ve all been there, just without cameras. Hardly the first time he made his teammates ‘carry him’.

10. Likes bornadog, Grantysghost, Dry Rot, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Unless the reports are inaccurate Zaine has a contract in front of him, it's he that has chosen not to sign as yet. Seems to be weighing up another offer (possibly St Kilda).
    I guess there's a contract, but there maybe also was a bit of a dressing down. If you have a couple of choices and you're a little off one place then I guess that could be the delay.
    Totally guessing I have zero idea.
    I can't see those photos not being raised though by the club.

Post Thanks / Like

We’ve all been there, just without cameras. Hardly the first time he made his teammates ‘carry him’.
    Never been able to keep his feet under pressure.

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 year deal for Zaine? Sorry, that's ridiculous.
    W00F!

15. Likes MrMahatma, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    2 year deal for Zaine? Sorry, that's ridiculous.
    Sorry. Not sorry.

Why do we offer contracts to everyone. Even Lew Young & Lipinski who were out the door at ‘offers tabled’ to them. It’s like Oprah walks around the club giving everyone a contract.

17. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Likes josie, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless you piss Bevo off and act unprofessional we'd resign every player every year almost.

19. Likes bulldogtragic, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Unless you piss Bevo off and act unprofessional we'd resign every player every year almost.
    Seriously. What if there was no minimum list turnover? And players didn’t request out? Would we make 3 changes a year on the main list?

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously. What if there was no minimum list turnover? And players didn’t request out? Would we make 3 changes a year on the main list?
    It's a fine balance, if he was reckless we would be calling him out but he is also copping it for holding onto players.
    Where most coaches have one or two they hold onto for too long, Bevo might have a bigger list.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"