Likes Likes:  1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Cordy gone...say it ain't so
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Twomey tweets that Zaine will head to St. Kilda on a 3-year deal.

https://twitter.com/CalTwomey/status...1_c10&ref_url=

The bit I like the best in that tweet thread is the the guy who asks Twomey, "What are the Bombers doing Cal? Anything up the sleeve?"

...maybe a tourniquet?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Cordy offered 3 years. Gets him to 29 at least which is a good career for a guy that tries hard but is obviously limited. Great result for him can't fault him
    We lack KPDs and we let one walk.

I guess Jones takes his place but would've been nice to have some depth.

Good luck to Zaine kicked our first goal in a GF for 55 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    We lack KPDs and we let one walk.

I guess Jones takes his place but would've been nice to have some depth.

Good luck to Zaine kicked our first goal in a GF for 55 years.
    What would you have done to keep him? Offer him 3 years? I wouldn't tbh. I'd do one as depth so the club already upped my max offer

Post Thanks / Like

What would you have done to keep him? Offer him 3 years? I wouldn't tbh. I'd do one as depth so the club already upped my max offer
    Depends on how it was structured I guess, the two year deal spread over three I could live with.

Its a good question. Two is about right for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Depends on how it was structured I guess, the two year deal spread over three I could live with.

Its a good question. Two is about right for him.
    I hope we draft a key defender to take his spot. We have depth in numbers but not quality so if we can't recruit anyone younger than Jones the list space we would have given Cordy must be used to find a defender.

Depth is great but between Gardner, Jones, Keath Schache (maybe), TOB and possibly Darcy I think we have cattle to cover for Cordy and need to focus on finding that missing quality key back.

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope we draft a key defender to take his spot. We have depth in numbers but not quality so if we can't recruit anyone younger than Jones the list space we would have given Cordy must be used to find a defender.

Depth is great but between Gardner, Jones, Keath Schache (maybe), TOB and possibly Darcy I think we have cattle to cover for Cordy and need to focus on finding that missing quality key back.
    Is Schache now a cheap insurance policy?

Assuming our four minimum changes (3 draft picks + Jones) are Dunkley, Hunter, Cordy & Martin. He doesn’t need to be cut unless we get someone else. Even so, surely Butler or Wallis goes before Josh??
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes MrMahatma, Mofra, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's be totally honest. If Cordy was in our best 22 in 2023 we are struggling with injuries. He is depth. His ability to intercept mark or even contain dangerous forwards last year was not good (and that is being kind). If he can get a better deal then good luck to him. That is really what the free agency model is about.

Will always be a Premiership hero. First goal in the GF. Great snap on goal in the Prelim. Unlikely forward finals hero. Not too mention knocking Ward senseless in the prelim albeit accidently.

Thank you for your service Zane. Immortal. Wish you all the best at the Saints. Look forward to Naughton kicking 10 on you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Assuming our four minimum changes (3 draft picks + Jones) are Dunkley, Hunter, Cordy & Martin. He doesn’t need to be cut unless we get someone else. Even so, surely Butler or Wallis goes before Josh??
    I would be signing Shaq as insurance. He form in the VFL was great towards the tail end of the season too. We need back up cover for sure.

12. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it hurts us as a team but I feel a little bit bummed about this for some reason. Premiership player, F/S, burns a little losing him. All the best to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't think it hurts us as a team but I feel a little bit bummed about this for some reason. Premiership player, F/S, burns a little losing him. All the best to him.
    Agree. But this is what the players wanted. This is what the media have been pushing for. Player movement. Free agency. Under the old model, he would need to take his chances in the draft and would most likely have taken our two year offer. The game really thrives on less player movement, as we love to see our players remain one club players. However the players have pushed for more free movement (which I understand) and the media love the sensationalism of it. However, it does weaken the fabric of the connection of fan, club and player. It makes us all less loyal to the game. I don't like it at all.

15. Likes G-Mo77, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Yes but if Bevo is never gonna play him, I hope for his sake he goes somewhere that will play him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Yes but if Bevo is never gonna play him, I hope for his sake he goes somewhere that will play him.
    We wouldn't have offered 3 years either.
    Good luck to him, no hard feelings, enjoy your 3 year deal Zaine.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Agree. But this is what the players wanted. This is what the media have been pushing for. Player movement. Free agency. Under the old model, he would need to take his chances in the draft and would most likely have taken our two year offer. The game really thrives on less player movement, as we love to see our players remain one club players. However the players have pushed for more free movement (which I understand) and the media love the sensationalism of it. However, it does weaken the fabric of the connection of fan, club and player. It makes us all less loyal to the game. I don't like it at all.
    I saw an idea for a loyalty bonus which I really like the idea of. Would love to see a financial incentive for player to stick with the club that drafted them (flat fee or percent boost outside the cap maybe). Players are free to go where they want but if they stick with their original clubs there's an extra bonus in it for them

20. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog, MrMahatma, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Left field idea. We need a winger with Hunter, our best aerobic athlete going.

Our second best aerobic athlete is Schache. Play him off a wing running his guts out both ways. Good enough mark with a KPD on his tail, very tidy disposal.

Or as the next fifth on the bench punch hitting as a tall, plugging holes.

Maybe Lade has some new ideas for Bevo to consider with talls. Playing Wally & Butler in the VFL isn’t a better option. At least Josh has a genuine point of difference to them.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

22. Likes josie, Sedat, Dry Rot liked this post