Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't think it hurts us as a team but I feel a little bit bummed about this for some reason. Premiership player, F/S, burns a little losing him. All the best to him.
    Every time another BullGod leaves the closer it gets to an end of an era hey.
    The curse is dead.

2. Likes EasternWest, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Schache is not an outside mid.

He makes it as a key forward or he doesn't make it.
    Mike, do you think he can play the swing role? defence/attack? Maybe both as a tagging role? Do we need him for depth?
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    While I agree with that could he not be set for a key defender role?
    I can see Schache playing down back with another club and being successful. Just hope its not another one that got away. Has a lot of football smarts.

5. Likes bulldogtragic, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Unless the reports are inaccurate Zaine has a contract in front of him, it's he that has chosen not to sign as yet. Seems to be weighing up another offer (possibly St Kilda).
    We offered a 2 year deal and the Saints offered a 3 year deal. He also knows that bringing in Jones also takes a spot in the playing list he was after. No choice really. Apparently he texted all his team mates about his decision.

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tell you the truth Hujsh, I can't be bothered.

People keep saying we don't cut deep enough, but how deep is deep?

Of the 40 odd on your list, you can't have them all being stars and getting 30 disposals per week. Some have a role to play, some are pure backup and soldiers.

However, as I said, we need young rucks and KPP developing on the list, and that is the area I would critic.
    The criticism is focused more on why we maintain players with marginal talent longer than we need to.
    Schache showed some terrific form last year at Footscray and if we can't get a Lobb deal done Schache might be worth keeping on a 1 year deal.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Ignoring 2016, we got 118 senior AFL games from a 4th round KPP (Cordy). For all his detractors, Zaine absolutely outperformed for his draft position.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Ignoring 2016, we got 118 senior AFL games from a 4th round KPP (Cordy). For all his detractors, Zaine absolutely outperformed for his draft position.
    Zaine most of the time was also asked to play on guys who he gave away a lot of size to. He also had a bit of mongrel in him and would be first in to fly the flag. Not sure we have many others who can do that. He copped a lot from supporters but there are others i would have in the gun before him and we keep saying we need defenders.

Post Thanks / Like

He's done very well given some limitations no doubt. You can't blame him for taking a 3 year deal from the Saints.

Post Thanks / Like

The criticism is focused more on why we maintain players with marginal talent longer than we need to.
    Schache showed some terrific form last year at Footscray and if we can't get a Lobb deal done Schache might be worth keeping on a 1 year deal.
    One thing we don't have down back is an intercept defender. We had Wood in 2016 and until he retired. Richmond had Rance/Geelong have Stewart. Every top side has good intercept defenders and it is one of the reasons we were cut up down back last year. They should have perservered with Schache as he is a confidence player. He also reads the game so well.

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

100%. He will also be remembered for kicking our first goal in a GF in 50 + years. Good luck to Zaine. Will always be part of Bulldog folklore and wish him every success on this next chapter.

15. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's done very well given some limitations no doubt. You can't blame him for taking a 3 year deal from the Saints.
    Right call for him and for us.

Post Thanks / Like

I would put Schache in the marginal talent basket
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Josh is very talented, his problem is elsewhere. He also can play a position that we lack depth in so may get an extra year or 2.

19. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Each to their own but his talent level and particularly his kicking skill are regarded as right up there, it's his competitiveness that raises the question on if he is going to make it as an AFL footballer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Josh is very talented, his problem is elsewhere. He also can play a position that we lack depth in so may get an extra year or 2.
    I'd be offering him a one year deal.