Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 169 of 175 FirstFirst ... 69119159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2625
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Is it really surprising that we'd be prepared to take a few more options to the draft given that we aren't hamstrung by needing points for securing top talent via priority access, and have actually been able to see talent exposed this year in the junior competitions?

A few on here have been on about it - particularly Aza (endlessly, Jesus he's annoying), but it seems like the logical thing to have happened given the circumstances.

I guess that's why I won't be kissing Sam Power's arse until he lands the talent.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Sanchez View Post
    Cheers. I choose my words very carefully ��
    Welcome back Pedro.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nice one from Lachie

Super post from Lachie.

4. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Sanchez View Post
    Is Darcy Jones related to our Jones? Gut feel is yes...
    Pedro! Now there's a blast from the past.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Is it really surprising that we'd be prepared to take a few more options to the draft given that we aren't hamstrung by needing points for securing top talent via priority access, and have actually been able to see talent exposed this year in the junior competitions?

A few on here have been on about it - particularly Aza (endlessly, Jesus he's annoying), but it seems like the logical thing to have happened given the circumstances.

I guess that's why I won't be kissing Sam Power's arse until he lands the talent.
    Of the players to come off the list who would've you kept?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at who's coming out of contract at the end of next year and who has questionable form we might not done enough now.
    We should have a lot of room in the TPP to perhaps pay one of those players out now. We have more than enough fringe players.

Post Thanks / Like

Super post from Lachie.
    Kinda sad it had to come to this
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really Sam's job to 'land the talent' at the draft though is it? My understanding would be that Sam is responsible for working with the coach to identify list gaps, addressing them where possible through trades. He then works with the recruiting scouts/team on the remaining gaps, and potential options to fill them - which may mean acquiring better/different picks.

But he's not responsible for picking the right players - he just gets the recruiters the opportunity, and tells them what types we need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Not really Sam's job to 'land the talent' at the draft though is it? My understanding would be that Sam is responsible for working with the coach to identify list gaps, addressing them where possible through trades. He then works with the recruiting scouts/team on the remaining gaps, and potential options to fill them - which may mean acquiring better/different picks.

But he's not responsible for picking the right players - he just gets the recruiters the opportunity, and tells them what types we need.
    Yep, this is Dom Milesi's time to shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Kinda sad it had to come to this
    Very much so. I would like to learn a bit more about the decision to value him at about pick 50 and trade him thus. To me, his finish to the season indicated likely solid best 22 next year.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Very classy finish by Hunter.
    For whatever reason the last 2-3 years haven't worked out for him but a 10 year servant to the club and 1 of not many that played in a winning GF

14. Likes bornadog, Mofra, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Very much so. I would like to learn a bit more about the decision to value him at about pick 50 and trade him thus. To me, his finish to the season indicated likely solid best 22 next year.
    Can only imagine that the off field problems that would have been surfaced to other clubs are severe, because two years ago he'd be worth the same as Dunkley in a trade. That or we've just made a meal of it, the off field stuff is fixable, and he goes on to play another 100 games for Melbourne at his 2016-20 elite level.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

16. Likes EasternWest, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Of the players to come off the list who would've you kept?
    I may have kept Wallis, but in doing so you actually have to play him and even though he's probably good enough for a role as a 22-28 player and would be called upon throughout the year, if you're playing him you're not developing someone else.

So overall I don't have an issue with who we let go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Yep, this is Dom Milesi's time to shine.
    I guess we better tell the Bulldogs because they seem to think it is his job.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/t...ment/sam-power

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we better tell the Bulldogs because they seem to think it is his job.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/t...ment/sam-power
    Recruiting reports to him, but Dom is the one one the ground checking out the players
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.