Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 171 of 175 FirstFirst ... 71121161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2625
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

I think we’ll get Rowe. Honestly it’s fine, Rowe is pretty limited athletically but he’s a creative player and I think he can add something.

My enthusiasm on him waned when it looked like we were getting the band back together again, again brother but now that we’ve done some significant spring cleaning I’m more inclined to take a swing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes mjp, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I think we’ll get Rowe. Honestly it’s fine, Rowe is pretty limited athletically but he’s a creative player and I think he can add something.

My enthusiasm on him waned when it looked like we were getting the band back together again, again brother but now that we’ve done some significant spring cleaning I’m more inclined to take a swing.
    I was reading that there is some speculation we might go for two DFA players.
    We do have some spots with question marks on who will player there.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The first delisted free agency period is from November 3-9.

I think we will add at least one DFA player during this window.

Who do you think we might target?

Would Narkle give us that point of difference we might be looking for?
    Hopefully nobody - there are three DFA periods:

DFA (1): November 3rd @ 9am until November 9th @ 5pm
    DFA (2): November 11th @ 9am until November 15th @ 5pm
    DFA (3): November 29th @ 10pm until November 29th @ 11pm

And only DFA3 comes after the draft. I like the idea of prioritizing the draft this year and only signing a DFA after we've drafted, as a way of filling a list need.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I like Narkle but he has some issues in his game - can 'float' in games - probably more of a mid than a forward.

He has the most upside though and he's only 24, so he'd be my pick.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Unless we have Narkle earmarked for a particular role (eg wing), I would take a DFA for a specific need like Rowe, rather than simply the most talented player. The early rounds of the draft are for best available, not DFA signings.

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I like Narkle but he has some issues in his game - can 'float' in games - probably more of a mid than a forward.

I agree, much prefer Narkle to Rowe.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Do you really think Narkle has more upside than Stack?

Q is a nice player but, Stacky, well...he is a game changer.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

10. Likes Sedat, azabob, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Yes Rowe is worth a shot for me too. Seen him play some good games. Loves a goal does Jimmy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Still only 22, but is a risk due to off field issues?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Still only 22, but is a risk due to off field issues?
    Sometimes it's a risk worth taking. Get him on a one year contract. This is the reason we have guys like Varcoe at the club isn't it? To help players like Stack so they can help us on field?

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Sometimes it's a risk worth taking. Get him on a one year contract. This is the reason we have guys like Varcoe at the club isn't it? To help players like Stack so they can help us on field?
    I would love him at the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    That's a fair point with Varcoe. Plus Marra seems to be fully focussed, and Liam Jones has ridden all the highs and lows and made a solid career with a heap of experience and perspective. Arthur Jones has come through the same WA system, albeit from different parts of WA. That's the point of building an indigenous group of talented players isn't it? To bring even more in and create a culture for all players to succeed?

Move Bailey Dale to the wing, and throw him down there to the HBF with Williams, JJ, VDM, Crozier and others and let them fight it out for a HBF spot.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone jog my memory. Stack's first season was good but since the Covid hub and trouble he got into there he really hasn't looked like being the player he promised to be?

I'm sure Richmond have a pretty good indigenous program, they seem keep adding more talented players each year and have turned a player with past troubles in Pickett around. Seems a bit of a red flag if they have given up on Sydney?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Can someone jog my memory. Stack's first season was good but since the Covid hub and trouble he got into there he really hasn't looked like being the player he promised to be?

I'm sure Richmond have a pretty good indigenous program, they seem keep adding more talented players each year and have turned a player with past troubles in Pickett around. Seems a bit of a red flag if they have given up on Sydney?
    Stack has never been the same since he tried to bump Toby McLean the week after he killed Viney, only Toby didn’t fall over but instead ran off with the ball and dogged up.

Maybe there’s a thread for this sort of stuff actually.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

What's he done in the last 2-3 years?

Genuine question as I haven't paid close attention, but it would appear he's well and truly faded. Perhaps it's partly due to some off-field issues, I don't know.

I could be convinced but I don't see him being an option for us. We literally just traded away a Premiership proven performer (Hunter) because of behavioural problems, I can't see us being prepared to take a risk on a player who hasn't done a quarter of what Lachie did.
    W00F!