Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 172 of 175 FirstFirst ... 72122162163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2625
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Do you really think Narkle has more upside than Stack?

Q is a nice player but, Stacky, well...he is a game changer.
    Why would you make me choose?

We should go after both.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Why would you make me choose?

We should go after both.
    We need to Stengle Stack.

Post Thanks / Like

There is some talk that Bruce plays off the bench and he is going to be played as a defender.
    Good move or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    There is some talk that Bruce plays off the bench and he is going to be played as a defender.
    Good move or not?
    This has been my hobby horse. I like moving him back. Jones gets the best forward. Bruce gets the lesser mobile tall. Keath back to intercepting as he did at Adelaide. Gardner to keep pressure on for spots.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This has been my hobby horse. I like moving him back. Jones gets the best forward. Bruce gets the lesser mobile tall. Keath back to intercepting as he did at Adelaide. Gardner to keep pressure on for spots.
    I think it makes a lot of sense to try Bruce as a defender particular if we are also playing Jones, Gardner and Keath.
    Bruce can move forward and back.

We need a potential round one team discussion BT with some creative moves like Dale to a wing and Daniel to a HF
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think it makes a lot of sense to try Bruce as a defender particular if we are also playing Jones, Gardner and Keath.

We need a potential round one team discussion BT with some creative moves like Dale to a wing and Daniel to a HF
    Daniel to HF? So Richards is kicking out after behinds?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Daniel to HF? So Richards is kicking out after behinds?
    Richards, Duryea and Williams. Might need another option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Moving our best 2 kicks out of the backline sounds like the kind of thing that will significantly reduce my life expectancy.

9. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Moving our best 2 kicks out of the backline sounds like the kind of thing that will significantly reduce my life expectancy.
    I get that, I can't see both of them happening but we might look at some changes.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Bruce goes back because I can't see him being in our first choice plans forward but I am super sceptical on it.

Two out of three seasons with us he has been completely unable to read the drop of the ball and has relied on enthusiasm to make an impact. Down back I think this will get exposed, as will his clumsiness and lack of agility.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Pre-season and a practice match or 2 will show if Bruce has got a position in the back 6 or else he might have to start off in the forward line at Footscray if no injuries.

Post Thanks / Like

Or... Bruce is depth?
    Lobb, Naughton and Marra is pretty handy F50 marking power. Lobbs height means we shouldn't have May/Stewart/McGovern killing us with intercept marking.

Bruce has to earn his KPD spot, and right now we've backed in Jones and it's likely Gardner gets the other gig based on closing speed/lockdown. Keath isn't a lock either but does have the ball in flight reading advantage over Bruce and can actually intercept.
    The dark horse is Darcy - does he make it impossible to leave out? He reads the ball well in flight in defence and what he did as a kid with no pre-season and losing half of the year is nothing short of remarkable.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult to forecast but so much hinges on what versions of Bruce & Keath we get next year.

If they resume in '2022' mode then they're probably on the outside looking in, subject to the patience of the match committee.

But if they can recapture something near their 2021 contributions it gives us so much structural flexibility.

Which begs the hypothetical, which'll never happen. Are we better served by Bruce coping at centre half back, or Naughton dominating back there?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    It's difficult to forecast but so much hinges on what versions of Bruce & Keath we get next year.

If they resume in '2022' mode then they're probably on the outside looking in, subject to the patience of the match committee.

But if they can recapture something near their 2021 contributions it gives us so much structural flexibility.

Which begs the hypothetical, which'll never happen. Are we better served by Bruce coping at centre half back, or Naughton dominating back there?
    Bruce, Jones, Gardner, Keath would be a pretty solid defence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Or... Bruce is depth?
    Lobb, Naughton and Marra is pretty handy F50 marking power. Lobbs height means we shouldn't have May/Stewart/McGovern killing us with intercept marking.

Bruce has to earn his KPD spot, and right now we've backed in Jones and it's likely Gardner gets the other gig based on closing speed/lockdown. Keath isn't a lock either but does have the ball in flight reading advantage over Bruce and can actually intercept.
    The dark horse is Darcy - does he make it impossible to leave out? He reads the ball well in flight in defence and what he did as a kid with no pre-season and losing half of the year is nothing short of remarkable.
    If it happens that the bench goes to 5, and a tall is the strategy everyone/we go with. If Darcy can put form together to warrant that spot that’s a helleva wildcard. If he can play swing man, and if Bruce is playing so can he, then Bevo can throw some AFEL quality KPP magnets all over the board. Not to mention at times when English or Lobb are in the bench for a breather, theres a replacement 205cm+ target to plug the forward line hole. Or throw Bruce forward if the match up is better for Darcy down back.

Bevo should really have a lot of fun next year on match day if all these moves work.

19. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post