Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 25 of 175 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dep...185e2366984d67

According to Colin Young, Logue's manager we have not touched base regarding trading for Logue.
    Logue is a reasonably good player but I'm not surprised we haven't expressed an interest in him. That might change but it's looking doubtful.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    McComb is a rookie as is Roarke (has contract till end 2023 )

No thanks to Noble.
    Yes
    We need 3 off the main list.

That would be
    1. Martin
    2. Wallis (probable)
    3. ...any or all of Crozier, Cordy, Schache, Butler, Garcia unless we trade players out.

Note that the 3 is increased for each and every player we trade in that does not involve a player out.

History suggests we will likely rookie someone we delist if we clear a rookie spot.

My choice for first out would be Crozier who is probably the most cooked after Martin.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Don't ask me how I know this but Crozier and Roarke Smith are both contracted for 2023 so unless somehow we manage to trade them they will be at Whitten Oval next year.

4. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, jeemak, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Don't ask me how I know this but Crozier and Roarke Smith are both contracted for 2023 so unless somehow we manage to trade them they will be at Whitten Oval next year.
    Now if people had checked out a certain thread.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    We can still delist Crozier and redraft as a rookie which, I think, reduces his salary cap impact by 50%

We can also delist and pay him out with the payout reduced by any contract he gets elsewhere.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    We can still delist Crozier and redraft as a rookie which, I think, reduces his salary cap impact by 50%

We can also delist and pay him out with the payout reduced by any contract he gets elsewhere.
    The re-rookie thing is possible but seeing how we open up rookie spots is difficult. Ignoring Raak and Khamis as category B rookies, 4 of our 6 are already contracted for 2023. Only Parker and McComb are uncontracted beyond this season and I find it unlikely either would be let go.

It is always brought up that we can delist contracted players but have we ever done that (ignoring re-rooking)? Unless the player has done something wrong I don't think it is something we should do either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Logue is a reasonably good player but I'm not surprised we haven't expressed an interest in him. That might change but it's looking doubtful.
    Could he take the gorillas? I though that was mentioned by Sam Power earlier in the year, we want a genuine no 1 KPD.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Crozier is the exact type of player Norf should be looking at.

Is AFL standard, has a couple of years left in him and seemingly a good citizen.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Crozier is the exact type of player Norf should be looking at.

Is AFL standard, has a couple of years left in him and seemingly a good citizen.
    Surely they are not that silly. They guy has been cooked for the past 2 years. No one will touch him, not even North.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    McComb is a rookie as is Roarke (has contract till end 2023 )

No thanks to Noble.
    I was including contracted/rookies in my list. All those that are never going to make it and need to be moved on.

If not Noble then we need someone similar. Noble is one of the best Football Managers. He should never have taken on North. Ask every club he has been at - Bulldogs, Crows and Lions and they all rate him very highly. We need a Football Manager who can make the hard decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    We need a Football Manager who can make the hard decisions.
    Sam Power

its the next step
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the AFL talking up Lachie Sullivan and saying that two clubs are circling. Everyone knows that one of them is us and we don't need a small midfielder that isn't a good kick. It would be much more worthwhile to rookie Kellet or Vanderheuval.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I don't like the AFL talking up Lachie Sullivan and saying that two clubs are circling. Everyone knows that one of them is us and we don't need a small midfielder that isn't a good kick. It would be much more worthwhile to rookie Kellet or Vanderheuval.
    Or Joel Garner.

15. Likes The Doctor, Bulldog4life, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Could he take the gorillas? I though that was mentioned by Sam Power earlier in the year, we want a genuine no 1 KPD.
    Art 193cm, I doubt it
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Logue is more of an athletic third tall that can play on a variety of players but he would struggle on the genuine big boys of the competition such as Hawkins.

He would still compliment Gardner and Keath and be a valuable addition to our defence provided we don't expect him to be something he's not.

18. Likes azabob liked this post