Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 26 of 175 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Logue is more of an athletic third tall that can play on a variety of players but he would struggle on the genuine big boys of the competition such as Hawkins.

He would still compliment Gardner and Keath and be a valuable addition to our defence provided we don't expect him to be something he's not.
    I just don't know if Logue is good enough but he's played some solid football this year and as you point out he is athletic. Given we haven't contacted his manager I'd suspect that rules us out as an interested party but things might change.
    He's also been used as a defensive type forward in recent weeks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I just don't know if Logue is good enough but he's played some solid football this year and as you point out he is athletic. Given we haven't contacted his manager I'd suspect that rules us out as an interested party but things might change.
    He's also been used as a defensive type forward in recent weeks.
    Just on his manager I'm not sure Young is the most reputable guy going around.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Just on his manager I'm not sure Young is the most reputable guy going around.
    Which ones are reputable?

Player managers are really gross people.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I do wonder at the names of a "forward who can go back'

Weideman? Can't get a look in to Melbourne's struggling forwardline even with McDonald out

Someone from Adelaide?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Unpopular opinion - if we miss other targets, I'd take Josh Walker on our list. Release Keath to play more intercept, Gardner and TOB to battle for the third spot.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I do wonder at the names of a "forward who can go back'

Weideman? Can't get a look in to Melbourne's struggling forwardline even with McDonald out

Someone from Adelaide?
    The answer is Naughton.

Honestly I think it was a throw away line - the most likely one was McStay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The answer is Naughton.

Honestly I think it was a throw away line - the most likely one was McStay.
    You don't take a once in a generation FF like Naughton and let them rot in the backline.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Which ones are reputable?

Player managers are really gross people.
    Bit rough. I know a guy who is low level, involved with a handful of younger draftees and he is one of the best blokes you could ever meet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Bit rough. I know a guy who is low level, involved with a handful of younger draftees and he is one of the best blokes you could ever meet.
    Buddies wife is going into player management.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Or Joel Garner.
    He's my man.

11. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I don't like the AFL talking up Lachie Sullivan and saying that two clubs are circling. Everyone knows that one of them is us and we don't need a small midfielder that isn't a good kick. It would be much more worthwhile to rookie Kellet or Vanderheuval.
    Where was this Teste?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Where was this Teste?
    https://www.afl.com.au/news/794553/e...-gem-for-dogs-

FOOTSCRAY SET TO UNEARTH ANOTHER VFL GEM?
    THE NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft may be done for another year and the national and rookie drafts may be months away, but two Victorian clubs are keeping a keen eye on Footscray captain Lachie Sullivan.

The 24-year-old has been a dominant force in the VFL this season, averaging 26.3 disposals, 5.6 tackles and 98 ranking points from 12 games, after finishing fourth in the best and fairest in 2021.

Sullivan has polled the sixth-most votes in the VFL Coaches Award with 47 on the board. The five players ahead of him – Jacob Dawson, Rhys Mathieson, Boyd Woodcock, Paddy Dow and Luke Dunstan – are all currently on or have been on an AFL list, with the next two on Sydney's list.

AFL.com.au understands one club enquired about Sullivan ahead of the mid-season rookie draft but weren't able to proceed because he was ineligible after not nominating for last year's NAB AFL Draft.
    Sullivan's manager, Cam Read from Inside 50, attempted to get an exemption at the last minute after learning of that club's interest through, but the 180cm midfielder was knocked back by the AFL after missing the deadline.

Footscray has been a breeding ground for talent in recent years with Anthony Scott, Will Hayes, Ryan Gardner, Cody Raak and Robbie McComb all graduating to the Western Bulldogs, while Jordan Boyd (Carlton) and Mitch Hannan (Melbourne) landed AFL opportunities after starting in the VFL program at the Whitten Oval. Could Sullivan be next? – Josh Gabelich

14. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Double Post.

16. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At Rocket's luncheon yesterday he mentioned the one thing he would change would be not to hang on to players longer than you should. He admired the way Clarko turned over players, even if they were long serving players like Lewis, Mitchell, Hodge. This is something the Hawks have always done, even before Clarko.

We need Bevo to do the same and really think which players are the ones we should keep, and who should finally be delisted/traded away in order to get the best team on the park. It's great to be loyal, or hope they come good, but eventually we need to turn the list over.

PS: No more Footscray VFL players - I don't want Sullivan.

18. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    At Rocket's luncheon yesterday he mentioned the one thing he would change would be not to hang on to players longer than you should. He admired the way Clarko turned over players, even if they were long serving players like Lewis, Mitchell, Hodge. This is something the Hawks have always done, even before Clarko.

We need Bevo to do the same and really think which players are the ones we should keep, and who should finally be delisted/traded away in order to get the best team on the park. It's great to be loyal, or hope they come good, but eventually we need to turn the list over.

PS: No more Footscray VFL players - I don't want Sullivan.
    Rocket seemed to have a lot of faith in marginal players and the likes of Mulligan were probably on the list 2 years longer than he should have been.

Regarding Clarko I went to presentation he gave to Accenture years ago where he talked about the recruiting of Buddy and Roughy but one of the main points he also shared was the reasons why he let Peter Everitt go even though he considered him one of the most talented players.
    They were working on a midfield drill and Spida was the centerpiece of the drill but despite the fact that Everitt mastered it early on it wasn't clicking for the midfielders. Everitt started moaning to Clarko that it was the midfielders problem to resolve but Clarko needed Everitt to solider on. It was after this drill that he knew Everitt wasn't the sort of club man he wanted and he was gone at the end of the season.

You don't necessarily have to be ruthless but if players aren't meeting the standards then it needs to be addressed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"