Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 31 of 175 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Had we played him 6 games in a row as a defender near the end of the season I imagine he might have been keen to sign on again.
    By all accounts the offer to Young was token. I think all clubs offer a contract so that if a player does leave and goes alright they can at least say they did offer a new contract but it was knocked back. They just don't say that the offer was insulting to the player.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we really need to give up on Dunkley to add other players though?

I get that asking to leave us 2 years back still won't sit well with many people but he's probably right in his best football years and I'd like us to be a part of that. He was also in our leadership group not that long ago so I think he offers the club and the playing list something as well plus we don't have midfielders that offer us what Dunks does.

I might be in the minority but if he is reasonable with his salary expectations I want him to stick with us.
    I'm with you G.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Lewis Young was probably one of the most screwed around players we’ve had over the last 10 years. I’m glad he left after the way he was treated by the MC, and finding regular opportunities elsewhere.
    Well, if rumours are correct he turned up in terrible shape more than once after breaks.
    Selection integrity matters more than one player
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Do we really need to give up on Dunkley to add other players though?

I get that asking to leave us 2 years back still won't sit well with many people but he's probably right in his best football years and I'd like us to be a part of that. He was also in our leadership group not that long ago so I think he offers the club and the playing list something as well plus we don't have midfielders that offer us what Dunks does.

I might be in the minority but if he is reasonable with his salary expectations I want him to stick with us.
    I'd rather keep Dunkley (whose best is outstanding) and lose 1-2 mid-rangers and not get Lobb if it meant fitting Dunkley in, assuming we're still hunting a KPD at trade time as well.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Well, if rumours are correct he turned up in terrible shape more than once after breaks.
    Selection integrity matters more than one player
    Then why play him at all or why make him another offer?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I'm with you G.
    Me 3 Dunks is a gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'd rather keep Dunkley (whose best is outstanding) and lose 1-2 mid-rangers and not get Lobb if it meant fitting Dunkley in, assuming we're still hunting a KPD at trade time as well.
    I know he has some limitations but he's still a very good footballer. Dropping 1 or two of the mid rangers as you point out would be my preference.
    We can still add needs based players.

I notice Longmuir has stated he wants Lobb at the club next year so I think he's a bit of a long shot for us now.

9. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know he has some limitations but he's still a very good footballer. Dropping 1 or two of the mid rangers as you point out would be my preference.
    We can still add needs based players.

I notice Longmuir has stated he wants Lobb at the club next year so I think he's a bit of a long shot for us now.
    Either that or he's driving up the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Either that or he's driving up the price.
    Lobb's a contracted player for next year so Longmuir doesn't really need to drive up the price as a trade would need to be agreed to.
    The sticking point for Fremantle might be on the length of the contract Lobb is requesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb's a contracted player for next year so Longmuir doesn't really need to drive up the price as a trade would need to be agreed to.
    The sticking point for Fremantle might be on the length of the contract Lobb is requesting.
    If I remember back to Dunkley we were saying all the right things to make him as valuable as possible, almost worked.

It's the mind games G !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    If I remember back to Dunkley we were saying all the right things to make him as valuable as possible, almost worked.

It's the mind games G !

I can also remember back to Stringer and we sort of devalued him.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can also remember back to Stringer and we sort of devalued him.
    Haha touché !

Post Thanks / Like

I think us getting Lobb entirely depends on Freo landing Jackson. If they get him then they’ll probably have to move Lobb’s contract, if they don’t they can dig their heels in and put up an asking price we shouldn’t be paying.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes Grantysghost, hujsh, josie, Mitcha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I think us getting Lobb entirely depends on Freo landing Jackson. If they get him then they’ll probably have to move Lobb’s contract, if they don’t they can dig their heels in and put up an asking price we shouldn’t be paying.
    If Lobb is happy to accept 3 x 500K Freo can make room by delisting a more mid tier type player.
    I don't know the answer to this question but if Jackson does land at Fremantle would it primarily be as a forward/ruck combo or mainly as a ruckman?
    The reason why I ask if it is as a forward surely Taberner, Lobb and Jackson will really stretch teams and Lobb would rarely need to be used in the ruck which might be his preference. In that scenario Lloyd Meek becomes surplus to the Docker and as good as covers Lobb's salary.
    If Jackson is more of a ruckman then Sean Darcy is surplus and Lobb would likely be required as a back up ruckman.

Griffin Logue might be departing as well which should free up some cap space for them.

Lobb might really want to move but he also might be hard to pry away from Freo.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine a coach saying a contracted player who is playing pretty good footy isn't required, particularly on the eve of finals.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

20. Likes hujsh liked this post