Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 51 of 175 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Jon Ralph's view on us landing Lobb

Rory Lobb (Fremantle)

This has clearly been Lobb’s career-best year, kicking 30 goals in 17 games while also playing 24 per cent ruck time.

With Josh Bruce 30 and battling off a knee injury, Lobb is the perfect player for the Dogs to help Jamarra Ugle-Hagan secure a favourable match-up while helping Tim English.

It would shock if he didn’t get to Whitten Oval next year.

But he’s 30 in February. The Dogs will play hard ball, but should be happy to give up pick 27 given what is believed to be a four-year deal.

The Dockers could use that pick 27 to shuffle up the draft order with their first-round pick this year or next before handing it to Melbourne in a Jackson trade.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks josie, azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph's view on Josh Dunkley

Josh Dunkley (Western Bulldogs)

The number crunchers at Champion Data love Dunkley and believe he should be the No.1 target of the available mids as Port Adelaide flags strong interest.

It’s been another exceptional season averaging 24.9 possessions, four clearances and a total of 16 goals and 134 score assists.

He’s never going to be Darren Jarman but he’s going at a respectable 59 per cent kicking efficiency playing a 57-43 mid-forward split.

He’s exactly the kind of player the Power needs to stiffen their midfield and throw forward as Robbie Gray hits 34 and Connor Rozee and Zak Butters play more centre square time.

The Bulldogs wanted two first-rounders for him two years ago and given he’s only 25 it’s still the right price.

Put it this way – in Ken Hinkley’s last contracted season, would he be prepared to give up two early picks for a game-changing mid?

Carlton gave up pick 6 and future third-rounder for Adam Cerra, and Dunkley has a better resume than Cerra so far.

4. Thanks josie, azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Twitter (link) reporting that PA are keen on Dunks.

I was OK with him leaving until a mate pointed out he's one of only two decent tacklers in our midfield.
    I would like us to try to involve Willem Drew in a trade with them. Good inside mid, good tackler and has played a few good defensive roles.

We have shown that a midfeld of a graders doesn't necessarily get a grade results, so I'd like us to rejig it a bit and get b graders in there that can help it perform greater as a whole.
    Last edited by soupman; 01-08-2022 at 11:01 PM.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

6. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes josie, Bulldog Joe, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    I would like us to try to involve Willem Drew in a trade with them. Good inside mid, good tackler and has played a few good defensive roles.

We have shown that a modifeld of a graders doesn't necessarily get a grade results, so I'd like us to rejig it a bit and get b graders in there that can help it perform greater as a whole.
    Good suggestion. Xavier Duursma isn't getting a regular gig as well. I'd consider him if he wanted to head back to Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post

We have shown that a modifeld of a graders doesn't necessarily get a grade results, so I'd like us to rejig it a bit and get b graders in there that can help it perform greater as a whole.
    Interesting suggestion soupaman - he’s a very unlikeable opponent but we’d change our tune quickly if he changed jumpers

Post Thanks / Like

I'll say it now, I don't want to lose Josh Dunkley. It would be a big mistake, whatever the compensation IMHO.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I'll say it now, I don't want to lose Josh Dunkley. It would be a big mistake, whatever the compensation IMHO.
    I don't think there is any doubt the club wants to keep him. He has a contract offer from us. It's a question of whether he chooses to go for whatever reason. If he does decide to leave then we have to get the best value we can obviously, and I'm confident Sam Power will get a good result for us.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

11. Likes GVGjr, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

The number crunchers at Champion Data love Dunkley and believe he should be the No.1 target of the available mids as Port Adelaide flags strong interest.

It’s been another exceptional season averaging 24.9 possessions, four clearances and a total of 16 goals and 134 score assists.

He’s never going to be Darren Jarman but he’s going at a respectable 59 per cent kicking efficiency playing a 57-43 mid-forward split.

He’s exactly the kind of player the Power needs to stiffen their midfield and throw forward as Robbie Gray hits 34 and Connor Rozee and Zak Butters play more centre square time.

The Bulldogs wanted two first-rounders for him two years ago and given he’s only 25 it’s still the right price.

Put it this way – in Ken Hinkley’s last contracted season, would he be prepared to give up two early picks for a game-changing mid?

Carlton gave up pick 6 and future third-rounder for Adam Cerra, and Dunkley has a better resume than Cerra so far.
    Mark Stevens said on RSN this morning that he is less confident this week than he was last week in the dogs retaining Dunkley.

The offer may have been less than Dunkley was expecting.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

So... can anyone explain where we expect Liam Jones to play?

Is he going to be a lockdown defender or intercept player?

Are we assuming Keath, Gardner and Jones are all playing in the same side?

If Jones is signed I assume that is the end of the line for either Cordy or Schache? O'Brien survives as he is contracted.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Mark Stevens said on RSN this morning that he is less confident this week than he was last week in the dogs retaining Dunkley.

What a shame. Losing a 25 year old mid that will slot into Libba’s spot in two years is pretty sad.

I’m glad we aren’t going over the top with an offer also. Tricky situation.

Dunkley for Aliir

Post Thanks / Like

That revelation turns up the volume a bit. Disappointing to hear to be honest.

If we can't get his signature then a trade with Port might need to be done. They currently have pick 7 which is a good starting point and if we could get a 3rd rounder as well that might be as good as it gets.

Post Thanks / Like

If Jones is signed I assume that is the end of the line for either Cordy or Schache? O'Brien survives as he is contracted.
    I would suggest he will do a bit of both.
    You would have to expect that all 3 would play each week albeit Keath might struggle with form and injuries

It could come down to keeping one of Cordy or Schache because I'm not sure we would release both.

Post Thanks / Like

The pundits on both the WB and Port boards on BF reckon Port have put a large, large offer infront of Dunks including incentives for midfield minutes, leadership positions, and big money.

I'd say, his pretty much goneski at this point if the ''insiders'' and media are all pointing to the same thing.

Hopefully we turn whatever we get for him into something that improves us instead of a VFL listed mid player...
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

18. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In 2021, Liam Jones was being out marked in 1:1s was the lowest percentage ever recorded by Champion Data.

I think Jones does a bit of both but ideally, that's what you want anyway.

The question to me is whether we play two or three KPDs and it might depend on our weekly opponent.

Post Thanks / Like

"Last time" he had 2-years to go on his contract. This time? 0.

If we think we are getting 2x 1st round picks, well, we should temper those thoughts.

All this stuff with Dunks over the past couple of years has been exhausting and - to be honest - totally the opposite of what I expected from him as a 17yo when loyalty and respect seemed to be the over-riding factors in where he wanted to play footy...

Something is definitely up.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

21. Likes Dry Rot liked this post