Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 79 of 175 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2625
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Parker may be useful, but where does he play? If he wants to be a rebounding/intercepting tallish defender... good luck getting past Khamis and Cleary.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Think Eagleton and this is Parker's role but does he have the tank for it and the accuracy of kick.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Agree Parker was a bit disappointing in the VFL.

I reckon he's one in a group that also includes Hannan, Roarke and Bedendo that we're desperate to see succeed at AFL level for their ability to cover the ground. Players that can find space and spread defences while working hard back to plug holes, and are big enough or athletic enough to compete in the air. He might stay on for another year for the point of difference alone.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

4. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if his approach to rehab has been at a professional standard, he will stay another year. They can't judge him on playing ability when he's hardly played.

6. Likes Testekill, josie, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Agree Parker was a bit disappointing in the VFL.

I reckon he's one in a group that also includes Hannan, Roarke and Bedendo that we're desperate to see succeed at AFL level for their ability to cover the ground. Players that can find space and spread defences while working hard back to plug holes, and are big enough or athletic enough to compete in the air. He might stay on for another year for the point of difference alone.
    That’s good summary of traits to be afl level
    1. Read the play to be able to spread
    2. Athletic enough to compete in the air
    3. Have running capacity
    4. Good accurate kick and long kick

Really hard to get a good player that excels at all the above

Roarke has most of those minus the long kick and speed
    Hannah does not have the speed and is a poor kick . I am not convinced his a good mark atm , seems to have lost that in the speed of the game getting faster

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno I thought Parker looked pretty good in the VFL? He got enough of the ball and was generally good for one freakish thing a week. He just seemed to struggle to stay fit more than anything, had he done so he probably gets a game around the time Bedendo did.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Think Eagleton and this is Parker's role but does he have the tank for it and the accuracy of kick.
    Why would we shoehorn a kid into a VO2 Max freakshow role? It's a really high bar to set a kid who has entered the system late. As a wing role, we would have Roarke, McNeill and Scott ahead of him at least with Arty Jones developing (and of course Hunter if he stays)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I dunno I thought Parker looked pretty good in the VFL? He got enough of the ball and was generally good for one freakish thing a week. He just seemed to struggle to stay fit more than anything, had he done so he probably gets a game around the time Bedendo did.
    Agree. Booming kick - a little like Stevie Dew. Might not make it but hope he has one more year to prove himself as a rookie. Personally I see more potential in him then Jones, Hannan and Butler. Agree it’s a tough gig as a half back flanker considering we are pretty flush with players. I see Bedendo as more wing/forward and see a bit if Fritsch in his marking ability and footy smarts. Bedendo, Cleary and Khamis are the ones in vfl I’d like be given more senior opportunities.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Agree. Booming kick - a little like Stevie Dew. Might not make it but hope he has one more year to prove himself as a rookie. Personally I see more potential in him then Jones, Hannan and Butler. Agree it’s a tough gig as a half back flanker considering we are pretty flush with players. I see Bedendo as more wing/forward and see a bit if Fritsch in his marking ability and footy smarts. Bedendo, Cleary and Khamis are the ones in vfl I’d like be given more senior opportunities.
    Has he really got a booming kick? A bit of depth no doubt but on limited sightings he just appeared to me to be a long way of a Dew type kick.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Has he really got a booming kick? A bit of depth no doubt but on limited sightings he just appeared to me to be a long way of a Dew type kick.
    I can remember a few big roosts - whether they were outliers I don’t know. He needs to get more possessions or do something special when he does have them. Hoping he comes good if given a second year. As he is in his mid 20s he might be unlucky if we have to open up some list spots.

Post Thanks / Like

I can remember a few big roosts - whether they were outliers I don’t know. He needs to get more possessions or do something special when he does have them. Hoping he comes good if given a second year. As he is in his mid 20s he might be unlucky if we have to open up some list spots.
    Absolutely a booming kick. SAw him at Arden St and he almost kicked agoal from the centre (almost ), but yes he gets some distance with his kicks.

I just don't think you dump a player after one year when he was injured the majority of the time.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Wallis, it's a fine line for the club to delist him. His leadership and calming influence would be welcome amongst the playing list but as a player it's hard to see him forcing his way back into anything more than a back up option.
    I'm not that fussed if that means he is more or less occupying a list spot without being able to contribute much on field but you would want to be sure that he is making that leadership difference for the playing group.

Having a look at the players you have listed I wonder if existing contracts weren't in place how many players we would genuinely look at moving on based on form?
    12 months is a long time for the clubs. Some contracts that looked fair and reasonable a couple years ago are now probably limiting what we would ideally want to do.
    I'd be cutting Wally and bringing him straight in with Varcoe as a development coach. Think he'd find a spot at the Giants, Norf or Suns if we did that though.

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'd be cutting Wally and bringing him straight in with Varcoe as a development coach. Think he'd find a spot at the Giants, Norf or Suns if we did that though.
    How many times does a player just outside the best 22-26 at a good club go to a lower ranked team and thrive? Would think it would be only 5-10% of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I can remember a few big roosts - whether they were outliers I don’t know. He needs to get more possessions or do something special when he does have them.
    If you never get the ball does it matter how well you kick it??
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Parker at bit at training and have not seen a player miss so many 20 metre passes before in my life and I'm old.