Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    No way we lose Dale. He is close to our most consistent player. Not only is he an offensive weapon but his defence is getting better and better. He is effective at spoiling and being at the contest. A game high 11 marks last night also shows he gets himself in the right position whether that be defensively taking some intercepts or busting his gut to find position to provide an attacking option. Players running off the HBF are gold and with a developing forward line are critical for us to be challenging over the next few years.
    Yeah, after waiting years for the penny to drop with Dale, I’d hate to see him go now he’s finally approaching elite status. He’s a must sign.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes DOG GOD, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had him in best 4 almost all of not every week this year. Dale is a must keep. If I had to choose between him and Dunks it would be Dale. If I had to choose between him and Daniel I’d cry first and then possibly still choose Dale. I think he in our top 10 most important players and IMO very high up the list, my rough order (Bont, Naughts, Dale, English, Keath, Bruce, Smith, Treloar, Daniel, Libba).

4. Likes GVGjr, DOG GOD, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I’ve had him in best 4 almost all of not every week this year. Dale is a must keep. If I had to choose between him and Dunks it would be Dale. If I had to choose between him and Daniel I’d cry first and then possibly still choose Dale. I think he in our top 10 most important players and IMO very high up the list, my rough order (Bont, Naughts, Dale, English, Keath, Bruce, Smith, Treloar, Daniel, Libba).
    At 25, he’s likely got another 5 or so years of elite football in him. Every other club would kill to have his foot skills.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to be ruthless with our delistings.
    I’m on the record over the past two years being concerned that we were not able to hit the draft due to Darcy and JUH and how much it will impact our next tier of talent coming through. The other part to this is previously we have been very conservative in delisting fringe players.

Simply put we need to hit the draft with 5-6 picks and make the picks count
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Likes Happy Days, GVGjr, DOG GOD, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    We need to be ruthless with our delistings.
    I’m on the record over the past two years being concerned that we were not able to hit the draft due to Darcy and JUH and how much it will impact our next tier of talent coming through. The other part to this is previously we have been very conservative in delisting fringe players.

Simply put we need to hit the draft with 5-6 picks and make the picks count
    Yeah, we’ve held on to a few we shouldn’t have, in positions we already have ample cover (West and Wallis for example). We also need to spread our picks over different types, especially later. Speculate on ruck and key position talent, rather than mids and flankers.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm of the opposite view, we have had Pick 1 and 2 in the draft over the past two years. That's provided us with top end talent despite our ladder position and we've still been able to use later speculative picks in covid affected years where there has been less exposed form which gives us a chance to steal players later in the draft. I don't see how our draft concessions have worked against us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I'm of the opposite view, we have had Pick 1 and 2 in the draft over the past two years. That's provided us with top end talent despite our ladder position and we've still been able to use later speculative picks in covid affected years where there has been less exposed form which gives us a chance to steal players later in the draft. I don't see how our draft concessions have worked against us.
    Agree Swoop, we can't complain getting those two top end draft picks and at the same time turning over 5 to 6 players each year.

I would have liked to see us Rookie some more talls, including a rookie Ruck and tall Backman.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This year we will enter the trade period with most likely 3 picks in the top 40. It's looking like a good draft. I hope we use them at the draft.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

13. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ralph reporting Lobb and Logue from Freo are among our targets.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

15. Thanks Sedat, hujsh, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Logue had 29 disposals and 11 marks against GC today in average conditions.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Lobb is such an inconsistent player I would hesitate paying him big coin.

Logue is developing nicely isn’t he a WA boy? I wouldn’t be leaving Fremantle now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Yeah Lobb is such an inconsistent player I would hesitate paying him big coin.

Logue is developing nicely isn’t he a WA boy? I wouldn’t be leaving Fremantle now.
    Yes he is from WA. Only 193cm, same height as Tim O'Brien. Is he really the backman we are looking for?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes he is from WA. Only 193cm, same height as Tim O'Brien. Is he really the backman we are looking for?
    We made a play for the 190cm Steven May a few years back didn't we and Jake Lever is 194cm and we would happily take both/either of them if they were interested. In most cases if you are good enough you are tall enough. We also let the 197cm Lewis Young go so I don't think height for heights sake is a strong consideration for us.

I'm not sure Logue is exactly what we need but a couple of cm's of height isn't the issue from my perspective. He can play on all sizes of forwards so he's versatile but my question on him is more around if he is durable enough. I think he is also more of a 1 v 1 type defender which might appeal to us.

Gardner, Keath, O'Brien and in a few years time maybe Darcy is a decent starting point for key defenders but we do need to find someone else as well. At 24yo he could be a solid addition but we are probably at long odds to land him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Hard no to Lobb, big pass from me. I'd take Hammer back from Freo specially if he comes for next to nothing, and Pearce is the one I'd really be chasing.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I am worried about JUH. I watched via stream a quarter and a half of the VFL game and he was politely underwhelming. Add to the body of work presented whilst in the senior side, along with he senior and reserves form of last year and I have a feeling he will be a bust. He lacks urgency/intensity and I am not sure that we can coach that out of him. I would be inclined to do a deal with North/the Hawks/Essendon and prise some draft picks out of them that we can use on "our type of players".