Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125165166167168169170171172173174175
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2625
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I can only imagine your meltdown in Bear Blitz or whatever Brisbane's equivalent forum is.
    I actually used to love the Roy Boys.
    Quinlan, Conlan, Barwick... Good side.

Bear Blitz very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I actually used to love the Roy Boys.
    Quinlan, Conlan, Barwick... Good side.

Bear Blitz very good.
    We know we know we know.

3. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop living in the past man.

That was brilliant.

No free kick though.
    To Vandermeer right?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised by the lack of love for Duryea. He is the closest we have to a lockdown small/medium defender, looks very much to know and play his role well and quite simply is the captain of the back half with his direction and voice in regards to setting up the ground. For me a lock for best 22 when available. Having said that we need to project forward 12-24 months and identify a ready made replacement.

6. Likes Sedat, SquirrelGrip, macca, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Surprised by the lack of love for Duryea. He is the closest we have to a lockdown small/medium defender, looks very much to know and play his role well and quite simply is the captain of the back half with his direction and voice in regards to setting up the ground. For me a lock for best 22 when available. Having said that we need to project forward 12-24 months and identify a ready made replacement.
    Funnily the used to say similar about Lachie Hunter being an extra coach on the ground for Bevo. Then......gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Lack of love? That is a bit too of a general statement.

Only GG is saying that (out loud at least) and also identified we need to replace from the younger players - which we don't have yet.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Lack of love? That is a bit too of a general statement.

Only GG is saying that (out loud at least) and also identified we need to replace from the younger players - which we don't have yet.
    I'm purposely taking the counter argument more strongly than I actually believe for arguments sake.
    Duryea is a good player, I'm not sure he should be a walk up start I think he's slowed down a bit and has had his fair share of injuries.
    I don't get what's going on with Williams but I'd prefer we put time into him there, he should be a capable lockdown player.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm purposely taking the counter argument more strongly than I actually believe for arguments sake.
    Duryea is a good player, I'm not sure he should be a walk up start I think he's slowed down a bit and has had his fair share of injuries.
    I don't get what's going on with Williams but I'd prefer we put time into him there, he should be a capable lockdown player.
    Solid reasoning. Both Duryea and Keath are having issues with their bodies, will be interesting if they both can bounce back and play 18+ games.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Could this youngster be a chance as a rookie?
    Zane Williams

Delisted Cat Zane Williams has called for a change to the rules for mid-season draftees, saying he didn’t get a chance to prove himself at Geelong.

Williams was taken by the Cats with pick 12 in the mid-season rookie draft in June, but less than four months later he was no longer on an AFL list.

Mid-season draft prospects can nominate either a six-month or 18-month contract before entering the draft, but the longer contracts do come as risks to clubs and therefore a detriment to players’ chances of being selected.

Earlier this week, former Geelong forward Daniel Menzel floated the idea of an 18-month guaranteed contract for all mid-season draftees, a suggestion Williams has reasons for concurring with.

“I fully agree with (that article),” the 21-year-old told Sportsday SA.

“I’ve been in the system now… three months isn’t long enough to prove yourself, I think I had eight games to prove myself.

“I’m still a kid developing, I’m not where near a fully finished product, you’d like a preseason just to prove yourself and get used to a new system.

“I had to learn 60 different names and a different game style and move away from home, that all adds up and I think I understand that it must have been a tricky spot with list spots… you understand that but when you’re a young kid – and I still classify myself as a young kid – you’ve got to be given time to develop your body and all that.

“Unfortunately I wasn’t given that, I don’t think it’s the end of the road, but it’s obviously a bit tough.

“You’ve got to cope with it, you get setbacks but you’re always better for them.”

Williams' last three games in the VFL – in Rounds 20, 21 and 22 – saw him string together his best footy together to average a tick under 25 touches and more than seven marks a game.

But he suggested his time at the 2022 premiers didn’t allow him to fix the flaws in his game.

“They (coaches) just said go out and play because obviously they wanted to see what I had and what I could bring,” Williams added.

“I got told I was doing a lot of things right and I guess I didn’t really get told until the exit meeting what I was doing wrong.

“My main thing was to put on a little bit of strength… it was a bit of a surprise, but it is what it is.”

Williams was delisted alongside Quinton Narkle, Francis Evans, Nick Stevens and Paul Tsapatolis.

SANFL club Woodville-West Torrens has since announced the signing of Williams for the 2023 season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The Power of Jeemak, he started the Trade Dunkley thread and closed it off before we hit 4000
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The Power of Jeemak, he started the Trade Dunkley thread and closed it off before we hit 4000
    That's too much power for one man to have. He must be stopped
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    That's too much power for one man to have. He must be stopped
    Can we close Jeemak?

17. Likes jeemak, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Can we close Jeemak?
    Hashtag jeemak is over.
    "It's over. It's all over."

19. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a certain level of mania settling into us that was unsustainable as we willed our way towards 4000 posts.

I thank Gary for his benevolence, in shutting it down. When you see people like Josie clearly suffering and sprouting gibberish like it's her third day in the sun at Rainbow Serpent Festival then you have to take action.

Thank you to all who came along for the ride. You all helped us achieve our goal in trading Dunkley. Good times are ahead, just you wait and see.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

21. Thanks Scorlibo thanked for this post
    Likes josie, WBFC4FFC, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrong thread (Tyler Brown)