Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 38 of 175 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Where does the money come to pay him?

We would need to off-load someone on considerable money to afford Grundy... unless Collingwood want to pay half.

And would English want to play as a ruck/ forward? Based on previous commentary it's a no.
    Apparently a mill a year would do it. We'd need to offload a player or two. Pandering to Tim's dictates should be kept in perspective: he can't hold the club to ransome but yes it would take a big plunge like we rarely get to do. We do not have a record of getting established greats other than Treloar.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure Grundy is actually a top 5 ruck anymore.

It'd be nice, sure, but we have far more pressing needs.
    W00F!

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Not sure Grundy is actually a top 5 ruck anymore.

It'd be nice, sure, but we have far more pressing needs.
    Yeah would be nice, but we can't afford him, so forget it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the logic. We've invested so much time and effort into English that it doesn't make sense to bring in another number 1 ruckman now that he's finally matured and reaching his potential.

English's form this season prior to his concussion has indicated he's on the verge of becoming an elite ruckman whereas most signs indicate Grundy is on the opposite trajectory.

Our forward line will look different in 2023 with Bruce 12 months back from a knee reconstruction to support Naughton and an emerging Marra.

We're better off investing our money into resigning our own talent and attracting a key defender.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I don't understand the logic. We've invested so much time and effort into English that it doesn't make sense to bring in another number 1 ruckman now that he's finally matured and reaching his potential.

English's form this season prior to his concussion has indicated he's on the verge of becoming an elite ruckman whereas most signs indicate Grundy is on the opposite trajectory.

Our forward line will look different in 2023 with Bruce 12 months back from a knee reconstruction to support Naughton and an emerging Marra.

We're better off investing our money into resigning our own talent and attracting a key defender.
    It doesn't make sense. But, if you wanted to really go for a flag in the next couple of years maybe, just maybe, upsetting Tim English by making him play forward/ ruck and having Grundy feeding our midfield is the right thing to do.

English leaves or stays after his two year extension finishes, Darcy and Marra are then ready to go after Bruce finishes up leaving Grundy and Sweet (because he's a sick *!*!*!*! and definitely on the list still) as rucks......or we find someone else to support Grundy.

If we can afford it, on top of finding defencive cover and a mid-sized forward then I'm all for it. English will still try if made to play forward/ ruck, otherwise his next contract won't escalate.

Getting Grundy is probably the smartest thing we could do now Tim's locked away for a couple of years. As long as it's at the right price.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It doesn't make sense. But, if you wanted to really go for a flag in the next couple of years maybe, just maybe, upsetting Tim English by making him play forward/ ruck and having Grundy feeding our midfield is the right thing to do.

English leaves or stays after his two year extension finishes, Darcy and Marra are then ready to go after Bruce finishes up leaving Grundy and Sweet (because he's a sick *!*!*!*! and definitely on the list still) as rucks......or we find someone else to support Grundy.

If we can afford it, on top of finding defencive cover and a mid-sized forward then I'm all for it. English will still try if made to play forward/ ruck, otherwise his next contract won't escalate.

Getting Grundy is probably the smartest thing we could do now Tim's locked away for a couple of years. As long as it's at the right price.
    It's a ballsy play, a lot ballsier than my Goldy play that's for sure. I like your rationale, and it plays to challenging English to be the best asset to the team that he can possibly be.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I think taking the best Follower in the league and turning him into a forward is a silly idea. You might pick up a goal or two but you lose all the link work and defensive marking. He is an absolute gun and the suggestion is to turn him into a bit player, and likely lose him.

What is Bruce’s role for the next two years. Hopefully Naughty and Marra hold down the key spots. Hmm… maybe forward/relief ruck. What role do we see for Darcy for the next few years? Isn’t it likely it could also include some relief ruck work.

Look at what English has achieved in games earlier this year rather than what he couldn’t do two seasons ago.

Grundy is a no from me.
    Last edited by Before I Die; 22-07-2022 at 02:52 PM.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

10. Likes Swoop, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So what do we think about Hunter? Feels like he's on the outer for both personal and form issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    So what do we think about Hunter? Feels like he's on the outer for both personal and form issues.
    Hard to say if he is on the outer, his form just isn't flash at all but how much of that was due tho his extended break from the club I don't really know.

If he still has the passion he will work through this challenging period.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Hard to say if he is on the outer, his form just isn't flash at all but how much of that was due tho his extended break from the club I don't really know.

If he still has the passion he will work through this challenging period.
    I was really surprised he came back in. Yes he racked them up but he didn't seem himself to me watching the VFL games.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.afl.com.au/video/803286/...=1658458733001

So McCartin is one of Bruce’s best mates? Interesting.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    I think taking the best Follower in the league and turning him into a forward is a silly idea. You might pick up a goal or two but you lose all the link work and defensive marking. He is an absolute gun and the suggestion is to turn him into a bit player, and likely lose him.

What is Bruce’s role for the next two years. Hopefully Naughty and Marra hold down the key spots. Hmm… maybe forward/relief ruck. What role do we see for Darcy for the next few years? Isn’t it likely it could also include some relief ruck work.

Look at what English has achieved in games earlier this year rather than what he couldn’t do two seasons ago.

Grundy is a no from me.
    The way he's progressing in the VFL it wouldn't be a surprise to see Sam take on this role at some point next year. With his height and stretch he'll challenge any defender, and would be the perfect foil for Tim in the ruck.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

17. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    https://www.afl.com.au/video/803286/...=1658458733001

So McCartin is one of Bruce’s best mates? Interesting.
    I think you'd only get Paddy if you also got Tom.

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Maybe, but I for one would like to know what would happen if you offer Paddy 4 years at $700k. Maybe if we do that it turns out he hated his stupid idiot brother the whole time.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Maybe, but I for one would like to know what would happen if you offer Paddy 4 years at $700k. Maybe if we do that it turns out he hated his stupid idiot brother the whole time.
    Who doesn't?
    "It's over. It's all over."

22. Likes bornadog liked this post