Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 42 of 175 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    PREMIERSHIP BULLDOG WEIGHS OPTIONS

PORT Adelaide is among the clubs interested in Western Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley, who has been offered a long-term deal by the Dogs.

Dunkley's future remains unclear as the end of his current deal nears, two years after he requested a trade to Essendon at the end of the 2020 season that did not go through.

The Power are understood to be among the rivals pursuing Dunkley, whose partner Tippah Dwan is a netballer at the Adelaide Thunderbirds.

But the Bulldogs are also keen to keep Dunkley at Whitten Oval, with the ball-winner having had a contract offer in front of him through this season.

The 2016 premiership player is one year away from reaching free agency, having joined the club at the 2015 NAB AFL Draft, with the Bulldogs having signed up guns Jack Macrae, Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel and Tim English this season to new deals.

The 25-year-old has played every game this season and averaged 25 disposals, four clearances and nearly a goal a game. – Callum Twomey
    If he moves to be closer to his partner then fair enough. Not sure what Port can cough up to satisfy a deal we would be looking for but their first round pick is a decent starting point.

Haven't Port already got a better version of Dunkley in Wines?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If he moves to be closer to his partner then fair enough.
    Hmmm, she is from Queensland, only moved to SA this season and I doubt she has a long term deal. Could easily be elsewhere in a year or 2. I'm not sure that would be the primary reason if Dunks was to move.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, she is from Queensland, only moved to SA this season and I doubt she has a long term deal. Could easily be elsewhere in a year or 2. I'm not sure that would be the primary reason if Dunks was to move.
    Fair point, I don't know why but I'm still somewhat confident we will get him signed but if he wants to move to SA for more money then lets get the best deal in trade.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

According to Perth radio - Bulldogs have offered Liam Jones a 3 year deal
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    According to Perth radio - Bulldogs have offered Liam Jones a 3 year deal
    3! What the.

That seems like insanity.

Give him 1. Go from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    That is certainly something.

I'm pretty torn on this one. I like winning so if he helps with that it'll be nice but until I have questions on if he will still be up to it and if bringing in an unvaccinated player is a good idea.
    Can I ask why? This virus is ripping through absolutely everyone around the world irrespective of vax status.

Completely agree with you if state and federal govts continue to impose restrictions on the day-to-day lives of those who are not vaxxed. Not much point having a player on the list who is not allowed to travel/work. Otherwise he is an automatic upgrade on what we have and also gives us crucial depth in KPD stocks. Keath looks almost shot, which would not have been anticipated 12 months ago.

3 years is one year too many IMO. Don't blame him at all for pushing for the 3 years after he lost a year of his livelihood while still at the peak of his powers.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes Bullies, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    3! What the.

Couldn't agree more, two at complete most, 3 is insanity.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    3! What the.

He rightfully wouldn't sign for 1 year, others would give him at least 2.

If it is 3 years I hope at least it is 2 years with a trigger for a third.

10. Likes Vred, Bullies, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Three years? In a row?

This is insane.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

He rightfully wouldn't sign for 1 year, others would give him at least 2.

If it is 3 years I hope at least it is 2 years with a trigger for a third.
    Really? I'm not sure he has a lot of chips in the game.

If he wants to go somewhere else for two then that's fine by me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Three years? In a row?

This is insane.
    Has to be an April fools joke. Wait...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Can I ask why? This virus is ripping through absolutely everyone around the world irrespective of vax status.

Completely agree with you if state and federal govts continue to impose restrictions on the day-to-day lives of those who are not vaxxed. Not much point having a player on the list who is not allowed to travel/work. Otherwise he is an automatic upgrade on what we have and also gives us crucial depth in KPD stocks. Keath looks almost shot, which would not have been anticipated 12 months ago.

3 years is one year too many IMO. Don't blame him at all for pushing for the 3 years after he lost a year of his livelihood while still at the peak of his powers.
    My worry isn't his vaccination status.if the AFL mandate doesn't exist then I don't care, let a thousand blossoms bloom.

My issue is that he's been out for a year front he top level and can be recapture the form he had at his best. My issue is that he's pretty old. My issue is that we've reportedly offered 3 years.

If we're in our window, then Lobb and Jones make us instantly better, and I'm ok with that, but 3 years is a long time.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes Sedat, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

‘I obviously caught up with Jonesy’ : Bulldogs boss – RSN927

www.rsn.net.au

Western Bulldogs football boss Chris Grant has confirmed he hosted Liam Jones at his home for discussions about his future.

The Dogs are looking at the key defender, who stepped away from football due to Covid vaccination requirements, as a quick fix to their tall defensive stocks.

“I’ve got to be up front and honest … I obviously caught up with Jonesy,” Grant told RSN 927.

“You think let’s do it nice and private, a nice cup of tea together, a nice cup of coffee and then two hours later it’s been tweeted.

“It doesn’t matter what you do in Melbourne, people find you.”

Jones started his career at the Dogs, before flourishing as a defender at Carlton. He stepped away from the Blues, and has been playing in Queensland.

Liam Jones could be on his way back to the club where his career started the Western Bulldogs

Grant described the meeting as a “bit of an investigation for both of us”.

“I know he’s met with a couple of other teams as well,” Grant said.

“He feels he’d like to come back to AFL footy. The AFL are still to confirm to him and his player manager Shane Casley what that mechanism will be so it was pretty much an exploration meeting for us both.

“He’s been playing footy … it’s not at the level of the AFL or the conditioning levels of the AFL, but he’s still in pretty good nick.

“Over the the next month or so, the AFL will confirm (the mechanism) for him and we’ll wait and see what it means for us.”

Grant also spoke in positive tones about Josh Dunkley staying at the Dogs as contract negotiations continue.

“We’ve still got to work through the nuances of the contract … we’re really encouraged with what he’s had to say,” Grant said.

17. Thanks Bulldog4life, The Doctor thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunks = $

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    My worry isn't his vaccination status.if the AFL mandate doesn't exist then I don't care, let a thousand blossoms bloom.

My issue is that he's been out for a year front he top level and can be recapture the form he had at his best. My issue is that he's pretty old. My issue is that we've reportedly offered 3 years.

If we're in our window, then Lobb and Jones make us instantly better, and I'm ok with that, but 3 years is a long time.
    Totally agree, 3 years feels excessive. The year out can help or hinder - if he has maintained elite fitness the year off might prolong his career at the back end, but if he has been living a more leisurely life it is a big risk. I guess that is the call that will be made by our footy dept, in particular the strength and conditioning staff.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"