Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 45 of 175 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just some of the whispers around that his manager might be putting the feelers out.
    I think there is a good chance Hunter goes. Nothing more than an inkling and whispers about the rift between him and Bevo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Which is all the more reason why I hope Jones is a cheapish insurance policy, and that we're still in the game for a serious key defender come season's end.
    Agree. I wouldn't think they would need to sell the farm to get him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    At 192cm it's a hard pass from BAD. Also it's Gardiner unlike ours, the misspelling will also upset BAD. Gardner & Gardiner key backs sure would get confusing.

He's from down Geelong way so he will probably end up there like they all seem to do.
    thanks Axeman you are 100% right
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be a tough decision from JJ to leave and for us to not put up a decent offer to keep him.
    There must be a bit of a gap with what we are prepared to pay. I know it can't be easy for a player to take a cut but JJ was a good earner for a while and might have to accept a lower off than he would like.

The big thing is that we will probably need to let some players go so have some tough decisions to make.
    I really like JJ but if he is an unrestricted FA, it could be a win-win for player and club. A Norm Smith medallist in the top echelon of paid players at the club should net us a decent pick as compensation if he decides to move on.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm warming to Jones if we're bringing in Cordy this week

7. Thanks MrMahatma thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I think there is a good chance Hunter goes. Nothing more than an inkling and whispers about the rift between him and Bevo
    Rift? Bevo’s hit on Morris was to defend Hunter. No rift.

9. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here. If he could get close to recapturing somewhere close to his 2021 form then it's a quick win but not being vaccinated is another risk.
    Vaccination doesn't really reduce your risk of catching C-19, especially the Omnicron variant which is what is raging. Prior infection doesn't really stop you getting it again. What vaccination does is lessen the impact of C-19, so in most cases making it more of a dose of the flu than full scale C-19.

He may be more susceptible, but I think its a manageable risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Vaccination doesn't really reduce your risk of catching C-19, especially the Omnicron variant which is what is raging. Prior infection doesn't really stop you getting it again. What vaccination does is lessen the impact of C-19, so in most cases making it more of a dose of the flu than full scale C-19.

He may be more susceptible, but I think its a manageable risk.
    Yes and some of the reactions to it are serious so Jones and club take that minor risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Rift? Bevo’s hit on Morris was to defend Hunter. No rift.
    Rift or no rift a leader stands up for their people
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Jones for 2 years with a trigger for a third I can live with.

Need more reinforcements than Jones alone, however. Logue? Hamling?

Could be an interesting off season if Dunkley, Hunter and JJ all left. Not sure losing all 3 would be ideal, but it could provide us with a chance to target other players/clubs.
    W00F!

14. Likes Bullies, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Hunter and JJ leave would only leave Libba, Macrae, Bont, Wallis from 2014 list prior to Bevo.

Only Dalhaus, Higgins, Stringer, Campbell still playing elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    If Hunter and JJ leave would only leave Libba, Macrae, Bont, Wallis from 2014 list prior to Bevo.

Only Dalhaus, Higgins, Stringer, Campbell still playing elsewhere.
    It's his eighth season.......nothing lasts forever. It's actually something that there's still that many players playing.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Could be an interesting off season if Dunkley, Hunter and JJ all left. Not sure losing all 3 would be ideal, but it could provide us with a chance to target other players/clubs.
    Hamling 2 games in 3 years is a No for me. Would rather Jones and another key defender who we can get with the picks from Dunks/JJ etc. I also think Darcy will play back as an intercept defender as well like Naughton did in his early years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

I get the Hamling obsession on one level, but if we're concerned about Jones missing one year, wouldn't we be outright negligent to bring in a 30 year old who has played 2 games since 2019?
    I have no issue with the Jones thing as adding depth to a position of major need. He is short term help, but our window of opportunity is likely the next 2-3 years anyway. If it doesn't work then we lose little but money and a list spot. Also agree that we need to add a younger, possibly developing option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I get the Hamling obsession on one level, but if we're concerned about Jones missing one year, wouldn't we be outright negligent to bring in a 30 year old who has played 2 games since 2019?
    I have no issue with the Jones thing as adding depth to a position of major need. He is short term help, but our window of opportunity is likely the next 2-3 years anyway. If it doesn't work then we lose little but money and a list spot. Also agree that we need to add a younger, possibly developing option.
    I'd be surprised if Hamling was interested in returning to Melbourne for a year or two or if we would be interested in him.
    I think there was an article in the West a couple of weeks ago saying we should look at Hamling and a lot of the speculation is mounting from there. The main attribute that Hamling had going for him was his athleticism and from what I can tell he may have lost some of that with a couple of ankle injuries.

We would really need to be sure he is over that before considering bringing him back.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"