Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 52 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    In 2021, Liam Jones was being out marked in 1:1s was the lowest percentage ever recorded by Champion Data.
    In 2021, we were desperate to get Alex Keath back into the team for a GF despite injury...that's a long time ago.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley really feels all about Dunkley. Moving to a clearly declining, not in Victoria Port Adelaide feels like it can only be bag related.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

3. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    The pundits on both the WB and Port boards on BF reckon Port have put a large, large offer infront of Dunks including incentives for midfield minutes, leadership positions, and big money.

I'd say, his pretty much goneski at this point if the ''insiders'' and media are all pointing to the same thing.

Hopefully we turn whatever we get for him into something that improves us instead of a VFL listed mid player...
    I'm sure if a Vic club came close to that offer he'd walk.
    He's OOC now so we don't have as strong a hand as the Essendon negotiations.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    In 2021, we were desperate to get Alex Keath back into the team for a GF despite injury...that's a long time ago.
    Yeah I hear that but I was replying to where he'd play. I am assuming he makes the 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    In 2021, Liam Jones was being out marked in 1:1s was the lowest percentage ever recorded by Champion Data.

I think Jones does a bit of both but ideally, that's what you want anyway.

The question to me is whether we play two or three KPDs and it might depend on our weekly opponent.

If I recall correctly Tom McDonald ripped him a new one. 5 goals in 3 quarters or the like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    "Last time" he had 2-years to go on his contract. This time? 0.

If we think we are getting 2x 1st round picks, well, we should temper those thoughts.

All this stuff with Dunks over the past couple of years has been exhausting and - to be honest - totally the opposite of what I expected from him as a 17yo when loyalty and respect seemed to be the over-riding factors in where he wanted to play footy...

Something is definitely up.
    I think his fair value is somewhat linked to the Adam Cerra deal last year. I get they are very different players in what they've achieved but it might be the template for us.
    A first and third round pick seems around the mark to me and we will have to make the most of it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    If I recall correctly Tom McDonald ripped him a new one. 5 goals in 3 quarters or the like.
    Yeah the 1:1 stats can be misleading too. I am more quoting it rather than using it as definitive evidence.

Totally misread ball, get lost etc = not being in a 1:1.

9. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    The pundits on both the WB and Port boards on BF reckon Port have put a large, large offer infront of Dunks including incentives for midfield minutes, leadership positions, and big money.

I'd say, his pretty much goneski at this point if the ''insiders'' and media are all pointing to the same thing.

Hopefully we turn whatever we get for him into something that improves us instead of a VFL listed mid player...
    It kind of reads like you're suggesting we'll be drafting Lachie Sullivan with the pick we get from Port or something. Are you advocating for on-trading the pick for another midfielder to take his place rather than using the pick+picking up our usual Footscray mid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think his fair value is somewhat linked to the Adam Cerra deal last year. I get they are very different players in what they've achieved but it might be the template for us.
    A first and third round pick seems around the mark to me and we will have to make the most of it.
    He's worth a top 15 pick at his age and ability. Maybe top 10.

How that packages up I don't know.

Not happy with this.

Post Thanks / Like

At least we have some protection from the PSD as I’m virtually certain Dunks would want nothing to do with North.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    At least we have some protection from the PSD as I’m virtually certain Dunks would want nothing to do with North.
    Would be freaking hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    No bromance/podcast material? Do any of them have netball wives? I think you need to redefine your paramaters HD !

He needs a diverse bromance next. Brand Dunkley will benefit.

Post Thanks / Like

Although it's a shame Dunkley looks likely to leave because he's a good player, at this point I'm kind of fed up with his narrative.

He isn't irreplaceable - horrendous kick and slow. He's limited.

I get it's not that simple because he's a ball winner, solid defensively, can take a mark and kick a goal ... but his type isn't the hardest to replace.
    W00F!

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Dunkleys worth sticks out a lot more when we play bad, he seems to be still having a crack.

I think he'll be a big loss to the club.
    The curse is dead.

18. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone a little worried we have not had Baz sign up yet? His firm has been down but it would be horrible to lose him, especially if we lose Dunkley.