Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 27 of 175 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Rocket seemed to have a lot of faith in marginal players and the likes of Mulligan were probably on the list 2 years longer than he should have been.

Regarding Clarko I went to presentation he gave to Accenture years ago where he talked about the recruiting of Buddy and Roughy but one of the main points he also shared was the reasons why he let Peter Everitt go even though he considered him one of the most talented players.
    They were working on a midfield drill and Spida was the centerpiece of the drill but despite the fact that Everitt mastered it early on it wasn't clicking for the midfielders. Everitt started moaning to Clarko that it was the midfielders problem to resolve but Clarko needed Everitt to solider on. It was after this drill that he knew Everitt wasn't the sort of club man he wanted and he was gone at the end of the season.

You don't necessarily have to be ruthless but if players aren't meeting the standards then it needs to be addressed.
    We let Stringer go despite obvious talent.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We let Stringer go despite obvious talent.
    From what I understand I think Stringers behavior was vastly worse than Everitt not exhibiting a team first ethic.
    Lets not also forget that we moved Dahlhaus on the following year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    From what I understand I think Stringers behavior was vastly worse than Everitt not exhibiting a team first ethic.
    Lets not also forget that we moved Dahlhaus on the following year.
    Yep, and if the team ethos is not being adhered to I still say it was the right call.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, and if the team ethos is not being adhered to I still say it was the right call.
    Based on some of the stories we heard about Stringer in the 2017 season (and a couple of others) I think we should have stood him down during the year rather than waiting until the end of the year and calling him out.

Post Thanks / Like

So over the last few years we have had this no dickheads policy (getting rid of stringer, Dahlhaus and whoever), so where does Lobb fit into this? Is he a bit of a knob, or just a little left field?

I remember hearing on a telecast once they said he was a kid who was bullied. Even on field he doesn’t seem to have a great rapport with a lot of the players..keeping to himself with the odd celebration etc or am I seeing something that’s not there ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

7. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    So over the last few years we have had this no dickheads policy (getting rid of stringer, Dahlhaus and whoever), so where does Lobb fit into this? Is he a bit of a knob, or just a little left field?

I remember hearing on a telecast once they said he was a kid who was bullied. Even on field he doesn’t seem to have a great rapport with a lot of the players..keeping to himself with the odd celebration etc or am I seeing something that’s not there ?
    The no dickheads policy has been a detriment IMO. Sure, who wants dickheads hanging around but in football teams you don't want the same introverted players on every spot on the list. Libba was a dickhead and we worked him out, Baz is a bit of a dickhead to and hopefully we can straighten him out as well. It's no coincidence that these players are so important to the team now and when chips are down they don't go into their shells.

Bring in more dickheads. Lol

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    The no dickheads policy has been a detriment IMO. Sure, who wants dickheads hanging around but in football teams you don't want the same introverted players on every spot on the list. Libba was a dickhead and we worked him out, Baz is a bit of a dickhead to and hopefully we can straighten him out as well. It's no coincidence that these players are so important to the team now and when chips are down they don't go into their shells.

Bring in more dickheads. Lol
    I think Libba would consider himself lucky he didn't get booted along with some of his mates. If it wasn't for his name he probably would've been.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think Libba would consider himself lucky he didn't get booted along with some of his mates. If it wasn't for his name he probably would've been.
    Credit to him for saying he will pull his head in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He got a short contract around that time didn't he?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    He got a short contract around that time didn't he?
    Yeah mate I think things were fairly tenuous for him....
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that he got a very similar meeting to Stringer. Jake sulked and left, Libba went and had the best pre-season of his life. Two different reactions

17. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, DOG GOD, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to the list - left field idea, but we chase a KPD and also take Josh Walker from North as a virtual freebie. No star but can play a role and is big enough. I really want KPD options next year

Post Thanks / Like

Back to the list - left field idea, but we chase a KPD and also take Josh Walker from North as a virtual freebie. No star but can play a role and is big enough. I really want KPD options next year
    He's hasn't performed well the times I've had a closer look at him. I'd really hope we can do better than him even if it's more or less a depth player. I'd rate Cordy as a better option.
    You mentioned Frampton the other week, not sure if he is good enough but he has played some good football this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we’re searching far and wide for viable defensive options. I also hope Walker isn’t one of them
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

21. Likes Bullies, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I hope we’re searching far and wide for viable defensive options. I also hope Walker isn’t one of them
    A big fat NO for Walker.