Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 54 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Thats my read of the situation - if something changes then we will find out - but I think we are in a good position to keep both
    Adz would be heart broken. Dunks won't leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the Stevo news we would have to put Dunkley in the less likely column, I'm impatient for a Smith decision but for some reason I don't quite see this as an issue for us. His name is not being linked to any other club at this stage.
    Speculation that Hunter wants to move to Essendon I'm OK with because he has really dropped back this year and if his heart isn't in it then so be it. If it's coach over player stuff for this decision I'm sticking with Bevo in a big way.
    He's contracted so we would get something decent for him and he would free up enough space to keep Dunks.

I'd also prefer to keep Williams but if he wants to head somewhere else, that's something I can reluctantly live with.

I've said before that if Dunkley does depart it should bring us a 1st and 3rd rounder which really tops up our draft picks for this year and gives us currency to bring in Lobb.
    Hunter should net us a pick in the 3rd round and Essendon have pick #41. He might even get us a 2nd rounder if we throw in a late 3rd rounder. Once again that would help us strengthen our draft or trade options.
    Williams would probably only net us a 3rd rounder or perhaps be part of a rare player for player trade.

Now if Smith isn't intending to stay with us it's rebuild time at the kennel. He's worth 2 x 1st rounders or at worst 1 x 1st rounder and 1 x 2nd rounder.

Jones addresses one of our shopping needs, Lobb the other but we could also look for other AFL experienced players.

Interesting next few weeks but I suspect Power and the team will find a way of keeping Dunks and getting the Smith signature.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Based on the Stevo news we would have to put Dunkley in the less likely column, I'm impatient for a Smith decision but for some reason I don't quite see this as an issue for us. His name is not being linked to any other club at this stage.
    Speculation that Hunter wants to move to Essendon I'm OK with because he has really dropped back this year and if his heart isn't in it then so be it. If it's coach over player stuff for this decision I'm sticking with Bevo in a big way.
    He's contracted so we would get something decent for him and he would free up enough space to keep Dunks.

I'd also prefer to keep Williams but if he wants to head somewhere else, that's something I can reluctantly live with.

I've said before that if Dunkley does depart it should bring us a 1st and 3rd rounder which really tops up our draft picks for this year and gives us currency to bring in Lobb.
    Hunter should net us a pick in the 3rd round and Essendon have pick #41. He might even get us a 2nd rounder if we throw in a late 3rd rounder. Once again that would help us strengthen our draft or trade options.
    Williams would probably only net us a 3rd rounder or perhaps be part of a rare player for player trade.

Now if Smith isn't intending to stay with us it's rebuild time at the kennel. He's worth 2 x 1st rounders or at worst 1 x 1st rounder and 1 x 2nd rounder.

Jones addresses one of our shopping needs, Lobb the other but we could also look for other AFL experienced players.

Interesting next few weeks but I suspect Power and the team will find a way of keeping Dunks and getting the Smith signature.
    What Stevo news?

Post Thanks / Like

If Dunks does go does it open up opportunities for either West or Garcia to move into the middle.
    We may even see a better version of McComb (if possible) playing more natural roles.
    A Mid I think we can cover I'm more concerned about our defence and I don't think Jones is the answer because who's not to say his best year are behind him and Carlton got the best of it.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    What Stevo news?
    Stevo thinks Dunks is less likely at the moment
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Stevo thinks Dunks is less likely at the moment
    Dunks is gone.

Speaking of gone, don't forget to try our new baldness be gone hairspray. Just one spray takes the baldness away.

#promoted.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I reckon we need to get Lobb AND a good KPP or 2.

It’s going to cost us plasters or picks.

So, something has to give. I like (pretty much) all of our players, but we’re just gonna have to lose some cause we need to bring in some talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Dunks is gone.

Speaking of gone, don't forget to try our new baldness be gone hairspray. Just one spray takes the baldness away.

#promoted.
    Means Libba has to play till he is 36.

10. Likes WBFC4FFC, MrMahatma, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Means Libba has to play till he is 36.
    West is ready made for the middle but Libba is another knee away from being done.

Must keep both Smith and Dunks. Right Age Bracket and great players. (Don't know why we signed-up Daniel before these two but then I am not privy to the contract details).

Having said this, if you get a massive return back for Dunks, then you seriously have to consider it, as it will help make the team better. But on paper, you keep these two and the rest of the uncontracted players are up for trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Can I be a broken record and put out there Smith to Sydney?
    It's never stopped me.

Did I mention I don't mind players leaving for more money?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If you lined the 2 of them up against a wall who would you take right now between Dunkley and Macrae?
    As a player, Dunkley.

Harder, bigger, versatile.

You know my thoughts on Jack. He's obviously a good player but I feel he's really bought in on this obsession with possession BS.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Dunks has gone past Macrae IMO. Better ball winner, tackler, mark & kick for goal. Macrae is tough, runs all day, good link player and delivers well inside 50 but he's a bit slow
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Well, I reckon we need to get Lobb AND a good KPP or 2.

It’s going to cost us plasters or picks.
    I don't disagree MM but after using essentially all of our draft capital on JUH and Darcy surely we MUST DRAFT this year....

Where is our young depth? We have seen a snippet of Bedendo and a little more of Cleary but...what else ya got? Where are the up and coming mids, running defenders, developing high-half-forwards learning how to get up and back?

We have a unique opportunity at the moment to actually teach young players how to play - they will learn (a lot) off the likes of Macrae and Dunks and Treloar and Bont and....and...we have to take advantage of that.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

16. Likes GVGjr, hujsh, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    West is ready made for the middle but Libba is another knee away from being done.

Must keep both Smith and Dunks. Right Age Bracket and great players. (Don't know why we signed-up Daniel before these two but then I am not privy to the contract details).

Having said this, if you get a massive return back for Dunks, then you seriously have to consider it, as it will help make the team better. But on paper, you keep these two and the rest of the uncontracted players are up for trade.
    Agree 100%.

18. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    It's never stopped me.

Did I mention I don't mind players leaving for more money?
    Sydney realestate is next level though.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

20. Likes EasternWest liked this post