Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 14 of 175 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Damn! Hoist with my own petard!

I did read an article on the afl website explaining how well he's been playing. Good for him.
    I find it interesting you chose to believe the afl website over posters on woof!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Levi’s having a career year and keeping him goalless would go a long way to winning the game. He isn’t exactly a dynamic player but he creates 2-3 chances a game out of nowhere through his marking, whether for himself of their guys at ground level which apparently includes the world’s biggest small forward Mabior Chol.

I see what you’re doing GG. You won’t post if Levi kicks a goal but you didn’t say anything about him kicking 2 or more.
    And this is our biggest weakness.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Maybe, but this is the first game we’ve seen all year with our preferred KPD set up, which I personally am a bit bullish on. I have somehow watched a ton of GC this year and have been really impressed by their forward mix, but am not gonna go so far as to be full on concerned until I see how Keath, Gardner and O’Brien work together.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you say that? We are 4th for most inside 50s, just short of top, so we are creating lots of opportunities.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I find it interesting you chose to believe the afl website over posters on woof!
    I thought it was all part of some adolescent hijinx.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why do you say that? We are 4th for most inside 50s, just short of top, so we are creating lots of opportunities.
    Getting it in there is one thing but maximising the entry is entirely different. Buku was the first player outside Weightman that constantly looked to provide multiple options deep in the forward line. Our forward line is a bit of a shambles really and I haven't looked but our i50 / goal ratio would be dropped lasagne. I'm probably wrong but it sorta feels that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Getting it in there is one thing but maximising the entry is entirely different. Buku was the first player outside Weightman that constantly looked to provide multiple options deep in the forward line. Our forward line is a bit of a shambles really and I haven't looked but our i50 / goal ratio would be dropped lasagne. I'm probably wrong but it sorta feels that way.
    I’m pretty sure this stat is right. Between our reliance on Naughton to create every opportunity, inaccuracy and lack of goals from the mids (when they’re playing as mids) our efficiency is way down. We need Bruce and Cody back badly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I’m pretty sure this stat is right. Between our reliance on Naughton to create every opportunity, inaccuracy and lack of goals from the mids (when they’re playing as mids) our efficiency is way down. We need Bruce and Cody back badly.
    It's interesting that we haven't played Bedendo yet. I wonder what the delay is. We've played almost everyone else on the list and seem to have a pressing need for a natural medium Dickson-type forward who marks and kicks the ball well. Maybe not a natural forward but he's a good size and mark in the hybrid-high forward Georgiades mould. Not only that his bio states he can play pretty much anywhere and I guess that's why we were into him. I know he hasn't been setting the world on fire at Footscray but I'd be keen take a look.

Anyone know why he's been overlooked?

Post Thanks / Like

We are ranked 8th for scoring, but agree we should be higher. We have kicked 110 goals and 105 behinds

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that we haven't played Bedendo yet. I wonder what the delay is. We've played almost everyone else on the list and seem to have a pressing need for a natural medium Dickson-type forward who marks and kicks the ball well. Maybe not a natural forward but he's a good size and mark in the hybrid-high forward Georgiades mould. Not only that his bio states he can play pretty much anywhere and I guess that's why we were into him. I know he hasn't been setting the world on fire at Footscray but I'd be keen take a look.

Since he broke his hand at the start of the first quarter v Richmond and had a few weeks off, he has come back playing on a wing for some reason. VFL team is not exactly flushed with goal kickers either. He has only played 3 games this year.

13. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Please don’t do that GG. I’m conflicted. I’ve always had a soft spot for Levi and if he was not set for Qld I’d love to have grabbed him, meanwhile I enjoy reading your posts.
    Secretly GG was trying to get both Casboult and Greenwood to the club so he could have his best pair of Levi's.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes Grantysghost, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He was injured for a little bit and hasn’t been super awesome since he got back in. He’s still really slight and I don’t see what he offers that Buku doesn’t offer more of.

17. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Secretly GG was trying to get both Casboult and Greenwood to the club so he could have his best pair of Levi's.
    Haha you can retire on that.

Greenwood is actually playing at Deer Park not far from me.

Post Thanks / Like

If Bruce gets back to decent shape, Weightman comes in and Buku stays good we have something of a working forwardline. At minimum one slot will always be set aside for a midfielder so maybe there's room for a Wallis or a McNeil or Bedendo or whoever puts their hand up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    If Bruce gets back to decent shape, Weightman comes in and Buku stays good we have something of a working forwardline. At minimum one slot will always be set aside for a midfielder so maybe there's room for a Wallis or a McNeil or Bedendo or whoever puts their hand up.
    Be interesting to see how Bruce goes. He looks fit still.

Probably a couple of games in the VFL and then straight in.