Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gil McLachlan stepping down

Press conference at 11.30

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gil McLachlan stepping down

I'm sure he'll be replaced by somebody suitably qualified ie another middle aged white man with a private school background already working for the AFL. Preference given to someone who thinks Adam Goode's should "just get over it"
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Richard Gyoder, the most underwhelming Chairman of companies ever
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'm sure he'll be replaced by somebody suitably qualified ie another middle aged white man with a private school background already working for the AFL. Preference given to someone who thinks Adam Goode's should "just get over it"
    Interesting

Within the AFL executive, Travis Auld, who has worked closely with the clubs and in constructing recent TV deals, will be a leading candidate, while Western Bulldogs president Kylie Watson-Wheeler and Richmond CEO Brendon Gale are also expected to be people of immediate interest.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Unpopular opinion and feel free to lock me in the stockade and throw rotten fruit at me. Eddie McGuire would be the perfect replacement. He is a self-made entrepreneur who has undeniable footy instincts and street smarts, and who is as comfortable at the top end of town as he is with the punters in the outer (and crucially speaks both languages). I know he's been a boofhead and made stupid, thoughtless comments in the past - I'm a big believer in the truism that almost everybody has had poor, regrettable moments in their past and are fundamentally good people who do fundamentally good things the vast majority of the time. It's a moot point anyway because Eddie is as much a chance of getting the gig as I am.

I have no doubt whatsoever that we will get another vacuous career globalist corporate type who has never added any real value to the organisations they've worked for. AFL H/Q is every bit as gratuotous as the banks and other major globalist corporations in their largesse, sense of self-importance and sense of entitlement and privilege.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    as much a chance of getting the gig as I am.
    Vote 1 Sedat.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Interesting
    Not sure KW-W would be keen on taking a pay cut.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yee-HA the witch is dead.

Now - if only we could find someone who isn't a witch after the Demetriou/McLachlan back-to-back disasters.

Clearly agenda item 1 - roll back Hocking's ridiculous rule changes. Please. Do it now!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

12. Likes bornadog, Ghost Dog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brendan Gale has to be the front-runner.
    Everyone who works with him is impressed. Not sure if he's "old boy" enough for the establishment,but he is capable.

KWW is just not visible enough for a higher profile appointment, no matter how capable she is behind closed doors.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Unpopular opinion and feel free to lock me in the stockade and throw rotten fruit at me. Eddie McGuire would be the perfect replacement. He is a self-made entrepreneur who has undeniable footy instincts and street smarts, and who is as comfortable at the top end of town as he is with the punters in the outer (and crucially speaks both languages). I know he's been a boofhead and made stupid, thoughtless comments in the past - I'm a big believer in the truism that almost everybody has had poor, regrettable moments in their past and are fundamentally good people who do fundamentally good things the vast majority of the time. It's a moot point anyway because Eddie is as much a chance of getting the gig as I am.

I have no doubt whatsoever that we will get another vacuous career globalist corporate type who has never added any real value to the organisations they've worked for. AFL H/Q is every bit as gratuotous as the banks and other major globalist corporations in their largesse, sense of self-importance and sense of entitlement and privilege.
    I think Ed would be ok as a commissioner, even Chairman but he is not a CEO. Remember they made him CEO of Channel 9 and the board soon learnt it was a big mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Yee-HA the witch is dead.

Now - if only we could find someone who isn't a witch after the Demetriou/McLachlan back-to-back disasters.

Clearly agenda item 1 - roll back Hocking's ridiculous rule changes. Please. Do it now!
    Couldn't agree more, and roll back most since 1996 except those protecting players safety.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel nothing when these people retire. At least Andrew was a former footballer.
    McLachlan, well I guess he kept the wheels spinning during the pandemic.
    I agree on Eddie. I have to say I like the guy, warts and all.
    10 years ago someone like him could have gotten a gig. Now it's too antagonistic, brittle, and polarized.

10-14 year olds involvement in Victorian footy has never been lower.
    Whoever is next needs to do more for regional footy especially. I can't remember the last time an AFL president came out with any innovative programs for regional footy. Not to my memory anyway.
    Our local footy ground used to be a hive of activity, with footy, little aths, cricket bringing in big crowds.
    It's dead now. No AFL team has visited the district for years.

AFL needs to spend more money and resources into country footy.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

17. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not Eddie. Could kiss goodbye to the soft cap limits if he got the job. And maybe equalisation.

Gale has always impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew Dillion would be my preference if it can't be Peter Gordon, Sue Alberti or Kylie Watson Wheeler.

Dillion has served a very good apprenticeship and is a no nonsense executive.

No problems from y perspective with Gale either.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely kill the "rules of the game" committee. If there's a committee, they'll make changes. Do a consutancy every 2-3 years maybe to see if everything is in shape, but the changes are getting out of control.

21. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post