Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  84
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R10 2022

Just on Witts and the hitouts to advantage, from the stats on the AFL site, it appears Witts had 20 hitouts to advantage and Sweet 10. Witts has been averaging 14-15 hitouts to advantage this season so it was a significant jump for him. It's not clear what % came against Sweet and what % against Cordy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Just on Witts and the hitouts to advantage, from the stats on the AFL site, it appears Witts had 20 hitouts to advantage and Sweet 10. Witts has been averaging 14-15 hitouts to advantage this season so it was a significant jump for him. It's not clear what % came against Sweet and what % against Cordy.
    Witts really got on top of Sweet in the last 10 minutes of the game. Sweet was very tired.

Onething with Witts, he continually wrestled with Sweet around the ground stoppages, and Sweet was getting frustrated with the man handling. Of course the umpires did nothing about it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Witts really got on top of Sweet in the last 10 minutes of the game. Sweet was very tired.

Onething with Witts, he continually wrestled with Sweet around the ground stoppages, and Sweet was getting frustrated with the man handling. Of course the umpires did nothing about it.
    The reason why the AFL introduced the line in the centre square was to stop the wrestling. I remember the game that was the final catalyst was Dempsey against Moore. But you are right the umps do nothing about the wrestling around the ground sometimes pulling a free out of the hat from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like

Are hitouts to advantage simply where the ruckman puts the ball or is it contingent on where the midfielders get to? If it's the latter then hitouts to advantage for and against are more of a midfield/ team effort, right?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Are hitouts to advantage simply where the ruckman puts the ball or is it contingent on where the midfielders get to? If it's the latter then hitouts to advantage for and against are more of a midfield/ team effort, right?
    Official definition is "A hit-out that reaches an intended teammate." So it does rely on the midfielder grabbing it cleanly.

7. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Official definition is "A hit-out that reaches an intended teammate." So it does rely on the midfielder grabbing it cleanly.
    Thanks. So you would think to quell hitouts to advantage a team's ruck/ midfielders would need to analyse opposition ruck/ midfielder patterns at all stoppage types with the ruck doing what it can to limit access and the midfielders doing what they can to get ball side of the intended receiver.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. So you would think to quell hitouts to advantage a team's ruck/ midfielders would need to analyse opposition ruck/ midfielder patterns at all stoppage types with the ruck doing what it can to limit access and the midfielders doing what they can to get ball side of the intended receiver.
    That's a really interesting question.

How much time is put into the opposition setups..

I guess it's hard to tell if :

A) it's a perfect setup and the opposition defended it
    B) it's a tap out that didn't go to plan
    C) it went to plan but the mids stuffed it.

Hitouts to advantage percentage might be more interesting. Hitouts : hitouts to advantage ratio.

From a layman's perspective it seems midfields just try their thing and rarely setup to defend another teams play or even have much idea of their play book.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That's a really interesting question.

How much time is put into the opposition setups..

I guess it's hard to tell if :

A) it's a perfect setup and the opposition defended it
    B) it's a tap out that didn't go to plan
    C) it went to plan but the mids stuffed it.

Hitouts to advantage percentage might be more interesting. Hitouts : hitouts to advantage ratio.

From a layman's perspective it seems midfields just try their thing and rarely setup to defend another teams play or even have much idea of their play book.
    I would hope that given Bevo mentioned how strong Witts is in that area we took a holistic approach and didn't just rely on Sweet, but I hoped that we may have done the same against Melbourne in the grand final and it seemed we didn't really want to at that stage so you never know!

11. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are the clearance kings with the best midfield group in the AFL. Ranked 1 in AFL. Surprinsgly Suns ranked 2, but they were smashed

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We are the clearance kings with the best midfield group in the AFL. Ranked 1 in AFL. Surprinsgly Suns ranked 2, but they were smashed
    That’s an amazing stat.

So annoying… Lions lost today. We should be in the top 2-3. Crows, Tigers, Blues… even the Port loss. So frustrating. I’m so glad the season is getting back on track.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    That’s an amazing stat.

So annoying… Lions lost today. We should be in the top 2-3. Crows, Tigers, Blues… even the Port loss. So frustrating. I’m so glad the season is getting back on track.
    After Lions match they jumped us to top.

On Centre clearances we are 3rd (Lions 4th)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    That’s an amazing stat.

Melbourne are 2 games clear on top already.

I'm not sure they've tried yet.

How are they so good!? These guys are pretty much the same bunch of losers except Langdon, Pickett, Jackson, Sparrow, Jordan and none of those are superstars yet.
    Langdon is playing like one atm but I need a bigger sample size.
    I reckon the rule changes have really helped them.

Post Thanks / Like

Buku offered a $3,000 fine, down to $2,000 for first offence.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Melbourne are 2 games clear on top already.

I'm not sure they've tried yet.

How are they so good!? These guys are pretty much the same bunch of losers except Langdon, Pickett, Jackson, Sparrow, Jordan and none of those are superstars yet.
    Langdon is playing like one atm but I need a bigger sample size.
    I reckon the rule changes have really helped them.
    They are well coached, play as a team and have an excellent structure when everyone is fit, plus they have added the players you have named and a few more have come on in development.

But, you also need to look at who they've played and how those teams have been going.

We had them in round one and if we're honest we weren't going that well after a fair amount of off-field upheaval over the break, while they weren't flash against the Suns the following week. Post that game they played against a Power team that was still reeling from its preliminary final loss at Adelaide Oval (or were just going shit because of personnel available and form), and have had six games at the MCG against teams finding their way or just middling outside of playing the Eagles at Optus and Kangaroos at Marvel.

So good for them I guess.

19. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Buku offered a $3,000 fine, down to $2,000 for first offence.
    What a bloody joke