Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  84
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R10 2022

I just listen to Bevo's presser and he got asked about how Naughton was quieter in the second half after being dominate in the first half.
    He said he couldn't say anything but I get the indication that Naughton might have been impeded close to being against the rules of the game. (doesn't that happen most weeks. )

Anyone at the game notice anything untoward going against Naughton.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I just listen to Bevo's presser and he got asked about how Naughton was quieter in the second half after being dominate in the first half.
    He said he couldn't say anything but I get the indication that Naughton might have been impeded close to being against the rules of the game. (doesn't that happen most weeks. )

He seemed right p1ssed too, right off the bat. At first, when he interrupted the journo who'd started to preface a question about the difference between Naughty's first and second half by saying 'we better be careful'- I thought, he might've been inferring Naught's was carrying a significant injury. But as the journo's tried to prod, it became obvious he was referring to something to do with the attention being paid to him.

3. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post

Naughton should charge Collins with indecent assault it was pretty ugly off the ball and the worst part wws the umpires saw it all and let it happen. They only time they blew their whistle was when he retaliated.

5. Thanks Hotdog60 thanked for this post
    Likes josie, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So what are we saying, having a recognised ruck on the bench makes us kick inaccurately?
    Pretty much.
    But in all seriousness my assumption and some others it seemed that when Sweet was off, GCS dominated. The scoreline says something different.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Pretty much.
    But in all seriousness my assumption and some others it seemed that when Sweet was off, GCS dominated. The scoreline says something different.
    Witts had 55 hit outs! Crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Those trying to tear down Sweet.....again. He did fine today, competing against one of the best rucks in the game right now and held up OK. I really want to see us go in with a 2 pronged ruck when English comes back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Those trying to tear down Sweet.....again. He did fine today, competing against one of the best rucks in the game right now and held up OK. I really want to see us go in with a 2 pronged ruck when English comes back.
    I thought he was pretty good. Has a presence.

Agree Sweet and English needs to be tried.

10. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Sweet played the role he was asked to do very well, and he'll learn a lot too.
    Bevo mentioned that Witts is dominating the comp for hitouts to advantage. If today's stat's show Sweet limited Witts in this category then that would be a big feather in his cap.

12. Likes Testekill, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I thought he was pretty good. Has a presence.

Agree Sweet and English needs to be tried.
    Statistically really didn't do much. 2nd efforts were good, tackling was solid and didn't get outmarked that I noticed. He's not going to be a #1 ruck but can certainly play that backup role quite well.

14. Likes Grantysghost, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But Sweet as big and strong as he is put up the numbers English got pilloried for continuously today and we think he was alright. Which is actually fine with me.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But Sweet as big and strong as he is put up the numbers English got pilloried for continuously today and we think he was alright. Which is actually fine with me.
    We all know the telemetry that matters is the turnover game.

By the way where is Martin didn't play in either game.

Post Thanks / Like

4 disposals doesn't help his cause
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Could you imagine the carnage around here if English got four disposals only and had a titch less than half the hitouts of his main opponent in a win or a loss?

Well you could, if you weren't busy worrying about player heights and weights but you get my point!

Cordy was shit at the same time, and he didn't have enough of an impact around the ground, so if it was up to me I'd not see either of them in next week's team if English is ready to play. If I had to choose one I'd choose Cordy, but I'd also consider others like Schache.

But let's not get theoretical because of what we think he could or might bring to the table due to his height or weight or whatever. He was rubbish and isn't up to it yet and it's better that we work around and away from him if we can.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes hujsh, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In game 58 English had 9 disposals and 17 hitouts. Two games earlier he had 8 disposals. And that was just last year. After 70 games people are commenting on his recent improvement.

Inround 22 last year English had 10 and 10. That’s in a game where the team managed 5 goals.

Sweet has had 7 games as number one ruckman and in 6 the team has had 14 or more., He is well behind experienced players like McNeil in game time and comparable to Khamis. He will never be getting English’s current figures But he does seem to give the midfielders some spark.

21. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    In game 58 English had 9 disposals and 17 hitouts. Two games earlier he had 8 disposals. And that was just last year. After 70 games people are commenting on his recent improvement.

Inround 22 last year English had 10 and 10. That’s in a game where the team managed 5 goals.

Sweet has had 7 games as number one ruckman and in 6 the team has had 14 or more., He is well behind experienced players like McNeil in game time and comparable to Khamis. He will never be getting English’s current figures But he does seem to give the midfielders some spark.
    It's an interesting way of looking at Sweet but based on what I saw yesterday he's got some work to do to become an AFL standard ruck man. The concern is that he didn't take any marks. Still I'm happy to have him on the list.

I'd certainly consider keeping Sweet in the side next week to ease English back into the game. It might depend on who else we are considering bringing back in.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"