Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  84
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R10 2022

They always put up a fight against us (except last year in the first half) seem to match up well it's going to be tight I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    English isn't playing.
    Dogs by 1pt
    FG: Buku
    BOG: Bont

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo's highlights out of the presser about the Gold Coast game. Key points below. A few things that I learnt were the inside 50 discrepency last week in the GC V Freo game, JJ is missing this week with the flu and Bont also had the flu a few weeks ago. It was also good to see Bevo's passion and obvious respect when he spoke about Treloar.

-They have some good scalps. Last week they were super effecient with only 35 entries and they kciked 10.9 (I just looked at the stats for this game. Suns beat Freo by 36 points but lost the inside 50 count by 29! GC 36. Freo 65.)

-GWS track record in Ballarat is goood. They beat the GWS there last year.

-Happy that both Ballarat games are played in Autumn. Happy that it will be good weather again albeit different wind this time.

-The team will travel to Ballarat today and spend the night.

-Searching for momentum. We have not won two games in a row. Our form line has been spasmodic. We need to pile a couple of wins on top of each other.

-Only had to make the one change this week. In the current climate. COVID, Flu - it is good to not get knocked about by them too much all at once. Beyond this week we will have some short turn arounds. We need to get used to boys coming in and out. Talyor has got the flu. JJ would be available but he has got the flu.

-The flu has been drip feeding through the club. Tim trained well on Wednesday. Hopefully he is available next week.

-We need a spread of goal kickers. We had 10 against Bombers. We had four guys kick three last week which is unusual. Naughton has been the one constant. He is having a consistent and powerful season. He would be getting more recognition if the team was performing better.

-GC forward line have been super effecient. We are able to pick three key defenders. They will give each other the required help in the air. It may leaves us more vulnreable at the ground level but hopefully we can nullify that.

-Bont also had the flu. He is pretty healthy now. He is ready and raring to go.

-Treloar has had an amazing journey. Strong connections at all three clubs he has played at. First GWS inagural player to play 200 games. He compares incredibly favourably with those GWS inagural players. He has had an input at the Dogs both on and off the field. What is missed in his game is how competitive he is. He is a great tackler. He speaks from the heart, he plays with passion, he lives his life with passion.

-Daytime Grand Final. My strong preference is to play it during the day. I like the decision.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 20-05-2022 at 06:12 PM.

4. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Bevo's highlights out of the presser about the Gold Coast game. Key points below. A few things that I learnt were the inside 50 discrepency last week in the GC V Freo game, JJ is missing this week with the flu and Bont also had the flu a few week ago. It was also good to see Bevo's passion and obvious respect when he spoke about Treloar.

-They have some good scalps. Last week they were super effecient with only 35 entries and they kciked 10.9 (I just looked at the stats for this game. Suns beat Freo by 36 points but lost the inside 50 count by 29! GC 36. Freo 65.

-GWS track record in Ballarat is goood. They beat the GWS their last year.

-Happy that both Ballarat games are played in Autumn. Happy that it will be good weather again albeit different wind this time.

-The team will travel to Ballarat today and spend the night.

-Searching for momentum. We have not won two games in a row. Our form line has been spasmodic. We need to pile a couple of wins on top of each other.

-Only had to make the one change this week. In the current climate. COVID, Flu - it is good to not get knocked about by them too much all at once. Beyond this week we will have some short turn arounds. We need to get used to boys coming in and out. Talyor has got the flu. JJ would be available but he has got the flu.

-The flu has been drip feeding through the club. Tim trained well on Wednesday. Hopefully he is available next week.

-We need a spread of goal kickers. We had 10 against Bombers. We had four guys kick three out last week which is unusual. Naughton has been the one constant. He is having a consistent and powerful season. He would be getting more recognition if the team was performing better

-GC forward line have been super effecient. We are able to pick three key defenders. They will give each other the required help in the air. It may leaves us more vulnreable at the ground level but hopefully we can nullify that.

-Bont also had the flu. He is pretty healthy now. He is ready and raring to go.

-Treloar has had an amazing journey. Strong connections at all three clubs he has played at. First GWS inagural player to play 200 games. He compares incredibly favourably with those GWS inagural players. He has had an input at the Dogs both on and off the field. What is missed in his game is how competitive he is. He is a great tackler. He speaks from the heart, he plays with passion, he lives his life with passion.

-Daytime Grand Final. My strong preference is to play it during the day. I like the decision.
    Wow thanks so much ap.

6. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just looking at rounds 16-19 below need to be winning a game like this is an understatement. The AFL still loving the doggies in primetime that's for sure. The defence today gives me confidence and with the mids taking a step in the right direction last week, we will finally win two in a row for the first time in 22.

16 Brisbane away Thursday
    17 Swans away Friday
    18 St Kilda Friday
    19 Melbourne Sat night

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I’ll be able to watch live today, so fingers crossed it isn’t too stressful for those there and watching on the TV!

We should win this despite GC being in the form of their existence.

Dogs by 28
    BOG Treloar
    First goal Buku

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 5 pts
    1st goal- McNeil
    Bog- macrae
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 16
    FG West
    BOG Bont (it's time)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’m tied up today too so will be in and out. Suns are legit and I really hope our ball use and thinking is better than the last time out. If Witts is on one side then maybe switch the ball instead of kicking it to him all day please.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Ballarat has certainly put the weather on for us again. What a day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Ah lovely enjoy all woofers.

First game there I've missed. Got the Tim English flu.

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant isn't it?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Brilliant isn't it?
    Yep, getting a seat in sheltered stands was a bad idea.

Right behind the goale today so it'll be a different experience

Post Thanks / Like

I’m really keen to see how the backline functions today, with Keath, Gardner and O’Brien. It’s the mix we’d been wanting and finally getting to see how it hangs together, while Daniel has started to turn the corner with his form back to his super important best.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, getting a seat in sheltered stands was a bad idea.

Right behind the goale today so it'll be a different experience
    No wind up here either which is a good sign for better football
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.