Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  110
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V West Coast R11 2022

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    This particular B4L anecdote has a bit of TwoDogs about it.
    Compliment or insult?

Post Thanks / Like

Really looking forward to MJPs summation. Most of his posts are just so so to be honest....so when we get a chance to hear a first hand account of what's going on it's usually a bit of an opportunity for him to redeem himself.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Compliment or insult?
    Said with love B4L, always with love.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    We also beat them there in 86, 87 and 88. Luckily I saw all these four victories. My memories of my visits to that ground all involve what an absolute horrible supporter base they have.
    We had friends who were Essendon supporters. They lived near the ground. We would go to their house for lunch and make our way to the game. They had reserved seats so I was always sitting amonst the the opposition. Saturday afternoon at the footy at a surbuban ground. Gee whiz I miss that.

Post Thanks / Like

Said with love B4L, always with love.
    I've been to a lot of matches but it is hard to remember the intricacies without researching now.

8. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    The 1984 win. I was only nine. Therefore the memory is far from perfect, however Beasley didn't play that day. Sewell kicked 5. Was Beasley injured or was he a late out due to wet weather? Any recollection?
    Can't remember why he was out

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    We also beat them there in 86, 87 and 88. Luckily I saw all these four victories. My memories of my visits to that ground all involve what an absolute horrible supporter base they have.
    Yes went to all those matches, and agree on supporter base, still to this day.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Can't remember why he was out

Yes went to all those matches, and agree on supporter base, still to this day.
    Malthouse was in the habit of dropping Beasley if it was wet and muddy. He got out of that habit later in Beaser's career.

12. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GOAL of the YEAR

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life, Dry Rot, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed that one. We’ve had some fearful maulings over there. Could never have imagined one day we’d do the mauling. I loved that we put 4 quarters together - uncommon this year. When we go all out atttack we look amazing, but our contested work and tackling was still very strong. I don’t want to be greedy but imagine if Bailey Smith had played, or Treloar had slotted those shots he is normally so good at…

I’m quite surprised how far WC have slumped. Don’t watch much of other teams and so had thought their recent poor form was just about injuries. There are still quite a few premiership players out for them. What’s going on? (Scrap that, I don’t really care.)

I realised all of a sudden how few guys from 16 took to the field tonight. With Cordy dropped, JJ in VFL, Hunter - well where is that guy? - and McLean injured, we only had Bont, Dunkley, Macrae, Daniel and Libba from our flag team. I would bet that is as few as we have had in the years since.

The move of Bailey Williams to a wing has been a revelation, he was horribly out of touch and it’s great to see him regain touch and confidence.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

TwoDogs has a memory like a video with sauce on it.

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Really enjoyed that one. We’ve had some fearful maulings over there. Could never have imagined one day we’d do the mauling. I loved that we put 4 quarters together - uncommon this year. When we go all out atttack we look amazing, but our contested work and tackling was still very strong. I don’t want to be greedy but imagine if Bailey Smith had played, or Treloar had slotted those shots he is normally so good at…

I’m quite surprised how far WC have slumped. Don’t watch much of other teams and so had thought their recent poor form was just about injuries. There are still quite a few premiership players out for them. What’s going on? (Scrap that, I don’t really care.)

I realised all of a sudden how few guys from 16 took to the field tonight. With Cordy dropped, JJ in VFL, Hunter - well where is that guy? - and McLean injured, we only had Bont, Dunkley, Macrae, Daniel and Libba from our flag team. I would bet that is as few as we have had in the years since.

The move of Bailey Williams to a wing has been a revelation, he was horribly out of touch and it’s great to see him regain touch and confidence.
    Williams is great yeah? He can kick it a country mile. Really useful to have.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Watched the game at the Victoria Hotel in Footscray. A really strong performance tonight. I was very relaxed Nice percentage booster as well. We have gathered some good form of late after a shaky start to the season. Great to be back in the 8 again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Compliment or insult?
    Your account is authentic so why would azabob insult?

21. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a great challenge to end the season, likely finalist after likely finalist. For light relief we have Hawks twice and one GWS. Bruce won't have an easy comeback:
    R12 Cats Marvel
    R14 Giants GIANTS
    R15 Hawks Marvel
    R16 Lions Gabba
    R17 Swans SCG
    R18 Saints Marvel
    R19 Demons Marvel
    R20 Cats GMHBA
    R21 Dockers Marvel
    R22 Giants Marvel
    R23 Hawks UTAS.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there that day. From memory it's the first away game I went to without a relative. My only memories are my mate and I stood on the roof of a pie stall next to the Hird stand and hoping that we'd kick the goal that got us 100 points in front.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

24. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post