WB by 19
    FG Marra
    BOG Baz
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Geelong R12 2022

Cats wary of Bulldogs’ midfield depth
    Alexander Dabb

Chris Scott is wary of the Bulldogs’ midfield depth ahead of their clash at Marvel Stadium on Friday night, conceding match-ups in Geelong’s back half needed some extra attention.

“Their midfield is so deep that they need to have the excess midfielders [play forward]. But you just need to think about those flips, and what the make-up of their forward half is going to be.

“It’s a bit of a balance between being conscious of what they’re aware of, but also asking some questions of their forwards. Tom Stewart played well last week, Mitch Duncan has been really effective back there, our backline group of six or seven or eight players have been pretty solid.

“I don’t think we will do anything to destabilise the way our backs play, put it that way.”

Scott also said that the way the Bulldogs play at their Marvel Stadium home was something that needed to be acknowledged to execute a “situational attack”.

“I think it’s true of the Bulldogs generally, especially at Marvel because they have so much talent through their midfield, they back that talent in, and they try to use the ball. They’re not a bang-it-on-the-boot team, they try to use their numbers and play with speed,” he said.

“If [Aaron] Naughton gets really penetrating ball use with time and space he’s going to be a handful for any team defence, and then on the other side, we do think about trying to force them to defend with a bit of speed on the ball, but at that venue they’re pretty good at getting back.”

Rhys Stanley and Gary Rohan are likely to return for the Cats, who sit one win outside the top four.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cats wary of Bulldogs’ midfield depth
    Alexander Dabb

Chris Scott is wary of the Bulldogs’ midfield depth ahead of their clash at Marvel Stadium on Friday night, conceding match-ups in Geelong’s back half needed some extra attention.

“Their midfield is so deep that they need to have the excess midfielders [play forward]. But you just need to think about those flips, and what the make-up of their forward half is going to be.

“It’s a bit of a balance between being conscious of what they’re aware of, but also asking some questions of their forwards. Tom Stewart played well last week, Mitch Duncan has been really effective back there, our backline group of six or seven or eight players have been pretty solid.

“I don’t think we will do anything to destabilise the way our backs play, put it that way.”

Scott also said that the way the Bulldogs play at their Marvel Stadium home was something that needed to be acknowledged to execute a “situational attack”.

“I think it’s true of the Bulldogs generally, especially at Marvel because they have so much talent through their midfield, they back that talent in, and they try to use the ball. They’re not a bang-it-on-the-boot team, they try to use their numbers and play with speed,” he said.

“If [Aaron] Naughton gets really penetrating ball use with time and space he’s going to be a handful for any team defence, and then on the other side, we do think about trying to force them to defend with a bit of speed on the ball, but at that venue they’re pretty good at getting back.”

Rhys Stanley and Gary Rohan are likely to return for the Cats, who sit one win outside the top four.
    He hasn't been watching us play for a while
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Rohan in. Forgot he was still on a list after his huge finals series last year.

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    He hasn't been watching us play for a while
    Do you think we are? Especially from stoppages.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Rohan in. Forgot he was still on a list after his huge finals series last year.
    I remember him absolutely flushing a set shot after the siren to beat some bunch of losers last year though.

Of all the cursed things to say.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes chef, G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I remember him absolutely flushing a set shot after the siren to beat some bunch of losers last year though.

Of all the cursed things to say.
    That one hurt. We should have won that game. Played very well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

10. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Do you think we are? Especially from stoppages.
    Not so much when we're in control but under pressure there seems to be a bit of lets make it someone's else's problem.
    I've notice Libba in the back line who has great hands has just banged it on the boot to just get it out of there only to kick it to a wall of opposition players.
    Hasn't been so much over the last few weeks but when we were struggling we had the long bomb into the forward line and hope Aaron gets it instead of choosing freer options.
    My comment was tongue in cheek.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo just now on news: "It remains to be seen, who makes the play".
    That is the question.

Post Thanks / Like

If we are serious about this season we need to win tonight… strong team in, our good players are in form. We need to deliver.

Go Dogs!

15. Likes Mutz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If we are serious about this season we need to win tonight… strong team in, our good players are in form. We need to deliver.

Go Dogs!
    Correct. And it’s a massive game!! I reckon we’re up for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Stating the obvious but our most important game of the season up to this point. Bring it on.

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Cleary reporting

Jake Kolodjashnij out for Geelong due to COVID.
    The Cats have three emergencies sitting out VFL - Narkle, Knevitt, Dahlhaus (Conway, Neale playing).
    One will replace Kolodjashnij, one sub. But another late out a chance. Still a watch on Rhys Stanley’s ankle
    More of an In Bruges guy?

19. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 23
    First goal - Buku
    BOG - Bazlenka
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.