Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  108
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V GWS Giants R14 2022

English getting pumped up by AFL.com

1. Look out, Max, Tim is coming for your crown​

Melbourne premiership captain Max Gawn has been the clear standout ruckman in the League for the best part of six years, but his time at the top could be coming to an end very soon. While Gawn spends the first of his four-plus weeks on the sidelines, Tim English staked his claim to takeover the mantle with a dominant performance against GWS on Saturday night. Admittedly the cards fell English's way with Matt Flynn withdrawing pre-match and Braydon Preuss subbed out early, but the 24-year-old still put on a clinic to not only give his midfielders first use of the ball, but become a key link in the chain with 23 disposals and a healthy 416m gained. He also dropped down back for a few colossal marks. English might have a way to go to match Gawn's ruckwork, but his all-round game gets better and better with each passing week. - Ben Sutton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    English getting pumped up by AFL.com

1. Look out, Max, Tim is coming for your crown​

Melbourne premiership captain Max Gawn has been the clear standout ruckman in the League for the best part of six years, but his time at the top could be coming to an end very soon. While Gawn spends the first of his four-plus weeks on the sidelines, Tim English staked his claim to takeover the mantle with a dominant performance against GWS on Saturday night. Admittedly the cards fell English's way with Matt Flynn withdrawing pre-match and Braydon Preuss subbed out early, but the 24-year-old still put on a clinic to not only give his midfielders first use of the ball, but become a key link in the chain with 23 disposals and a healthy 416m gained. He also dropped down back for a few colossal marks. English might have a way to go to match Gawn's ruckwork, but his all-round game gets better and better with each passing week. - Ben Sutton
    Super impressive game. What he also did exceptionally well last night was also win his own clearances. He also had a game high 10 clearances and also a game high 6 centre clearances. Those are elite midfield numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Where Freo are doing their pre-game warm-up, Matty Boyd is just in front of me. He says hello most weeks after I fan-boyed (pardon the pun) him at the beginning of the season. From what I’ve seen of his coaching (5 minutes before the game each week), he speaks clearly and concisely. Most importantly, the players are listening.
    I remember listening to him talk to players on the sideline in his final year playing VFL. After hearing him talk and instruct I thought he'd be a terrific coach one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I remember listening to him talk to players on the sideline in his final year playing VFL. After hearing him talk and instruct I thought he'd be a terrific coach one day.
    Matthew Boyd and Dale Morris as 2016 premiership players are class acts and would have been great additions to our Match Committee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I would love to see him return to the club one day. I reckon he'd be loathe to consider anything less than a senior role in a coaching department. He may even soon see his name start to bob up in conversation for a head coach role if Freo maintain their trajectory.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to get another win on the board, we need them.

Hard to enjoy any game featuring GWS. Just a horrible collection of people. Made me sick seeing Hird and McVein every few seconds on the coverage. It is no surprise to me that they are so rotten, given their DNA is from Sheedy and Essendon. Just a horrible pack scum rat, slug faced fluffers.

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I would love to see him return to the club one day. I reckon he'd be loathe to consider anything less than a senior role in a coaching department. He may even soon see his name start to bob up in conversation for a head coach role if Freo maintain their trajectory.
    I went to a number of club functions over the years and well before he was in leadership roles he would redirect players to engage with the supporters. A quietly spoken but effective leader.

I don't think he is anywhere near ready to be a senior coach though and would need to be a senior assistant first and I'm not sure he is doing that role at Fremantle.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

AFLCA votes :

Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs

10 Toby Greene (GWS)
    7 Jack Macrae (WB)
    6 Aaron Naughton (WB)
    5 Cody Weightman (WB)
    1 Tim English (WB)
    1 Tom Liberatore (WB)

LEADERBOARD

71 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
    65 Lachie Neale (BL)
    64 Andrew Brayshaw (FRE)
    59 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
    52 Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
    50 Touk Miller (GCFC)
    50 Christian Petracca (MELB)
    48 Callum Mills (SYD)
    44 James Sicily (HAW)
    43 Bailey Smith (WB)
    42 Jack Crisp (COLL)
    41 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
    41 Darcy Parish (ESS)
    40 Max Gawn (MELB)
    39 Connor Rozee (PORT)
    37 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
    37 Sam Docherty (CARL)
    35 Sam Walsh (CARL)
    32 Jack Sinclair (STK)

Post Thanks / Like

I've always thought the obvious thread for the coaches votes to be posted in would be the WOOF voting thread.... but hey, thats just me.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I've always thought the obvious thread for the coaches votes to be posted in would be the WOOF voting thread.... but hey, thats just me.
    Happy to do that, I'll let the mods come up with a consensus.
    I like it kind of rounds out the game day stuff personally and don't want to muddy the woof votes.

13. Likes azabob, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Happy to do that, I'll let the mods come up with a consensus.
    I like it kind of rounds out the game day stuff personally and don't want to muddy the woof votes.
    Can you ask the coaches associate to delay the releasing of the votes until woof voting closes on Tuesday 8pm?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Good to get another win on the board, we need them.

Hard to enjoy any game featuring GWS. Just a horrible collection of people. Made me sick seeing Hird and McVein every few seconds on the coverage. It is no surprise to me that they are so rotten, given their DNA is from Sheedy and Essendon. Just a horrible pack scum rat, slug faced fluffers.
    What a slap in the face it is to the GWS assistant coaches to have a part timer in Hird being McVeigh's right hand man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    What a slap in the face it is to the GWS assistant coaches to have a part timer in Hird being McVeigh's right hand man.
    Never underestimate the power of nepotism in football.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.