Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  108
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V GWS Giants R14 2022

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Schache got better in the second half, but geez, someone teach him how to throw some physicality in the costs. He got out rucked by Green at one stage.
    The don't argue by Green the midfielder was the one that really pissed me off. Just launch at him mate, give a free kick away, do something other than getting pushed away.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was a good game of footy. Yeah sure both defences got towelled up, but you take Cody, Naughts and Green out of the game and it probably would have been a dour error fest. GWS are a good side. They still have a number of players who are quality and against us were always going to bring an A game. We didn't look like losing it and had the class and composure to step up and lock it down when we needed.

Loved West's game. Thought Shaq did enough to play again next week. though JUH had some nearly moments, but didnt quite hang on and get it done. Thought some of our more experienced players made errors that they don't ususally make. Overall we've banked the 4 points and percentage wise should be sitting in 5th spot if we hadn't lost to Adelaide etc.

We are a better team than all the ones above us (bar the top 4) and should, if we play to our potential make the 8.....after that anything is possible.

Post Thanks / Like

No complaints about the game, we shouldn't be critical because it was a high scoring game.

I thought there was a fair spread of good players for us and of course some concerns down back.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes macca, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    No complaints about the game, we shouldn't be critical because it was a high scoring game.

I thought there was a fair spread of good players for us and of course some concerns down back.
    It was the lack of team defence and inability of our midfielders to stop their midfielders that annoyed me (let alone some basic fundamentals that allowed Greene to do what he wanted all game).

As I said, I was happy overall and we beat GWS at their own game on their deck which is great. But if we really had have given the effort we are capable of we could have genuinely kept them to 60-70% of the score they kicked and still put numbers on the board.

Our percentage is going to be crucial at the end of the season, and the best way to make sure your percentage improves is to keep the opposition to as little points as possible. We didn't do that and our percentage stayed the same as it was which is a bad thing when it should have improved.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Libba's a gem isn't he? Still out with the fans at the ground.
    It was a slow start to the season for Libba but gee he has picked up a lot and is just so important to our team. In there at the guts.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Me watching Hogan in this game:

- I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

That was my first Bulldogs win I've been to since 2019 (I managed to get to the Ballarat Adelaide game as my only other game in that time period). That was really fun and I've missed how much better it is to be there than watching on the TV.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

A few thoughts:
    Cody - put some respect on his name. That was tough.
    Naughts - pls never mention him back again. Anyone. He’s a rock star, he’s had some quieter weeks and plenty of attention but he’s working through it and enjoyed that
    JUH - yep, does a few classy things and you think he’s not too far away. Good on him.
    West - made to wait. Worth it. He’s playing a key role and is a ready made player. Hands and game sense first rate. Scoreboard a bonus.
    English - star
    Schache - keep playing him. Adds balance. Doesn’t need to be a world beater. If we can get a few good years out of him as a utility that’s a brilliant result.
    Dunks and Macrae - tough
    Libba - everywhere. His clearance work by foot has grown a lot. Such a great player - in some ways he reminds me of Roger James at Port. He’s just unheralded in the broader game to an extent despite being a critical, reliable player
    Richards back and Williams on the wing works
    JJ - first came back, not quite sure we know the role we want him to play yet. I really liked him forward… we’ll see

4 points. On we go…

11. Likes GVGjr, azabob, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty confident JJ only played back to cover Duryea. McNeil basically plays JJs position so it was the obvious switch to make.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

13. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Weird how Naughton goes ape shit when he actually has some structural support around him. Not to mention the flow on effect of Cody getting a mismatch as the opposition has to worry about the extra height we had forward.

Who would have thought?

Imagine if we’d stuck with it from round 1…
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

15. Thanks GVGjr, kruder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m sure we’ll hear as much from the 7AFL social media accounts about Cody playing through a dislocated elbow as we did about him flopping.

Imagine using your socials to tell everyone how much you think your product sucks.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The game was kind of weird to watch. It seemed to lack a certain physicality, but the non-stop pace must have been exhausting for the players. It will be interesting to see what sort of effect this will have on next week's performance; bearing in mind the short break.

Hopefully the return to Marvel will assist our ball handling and handball skills to return to their normal standard. I can't remember the last time we have missed so many targets by hand. It was a major factor in breaking down our forward moves.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

19. Likes GVGjr, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    The game was kind of weird to watch. It seemed to lack a certain physicality, but the non-stop pace must have been exhausting for the players. It will be interesting to see what sort of effect this will have on next week's performance; bearing in mind the short break.

Hopefully the return to Marvel will assist our ball handling and handball skills to return to their normal standard. I can't remember the last time we have missed so many targets by hand. It was a major factor in breaking down our forward moves.
    Interestingly Liberatore said after the game the boys would be pretty sore today.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Interestingly Liberatore said after the game the boys would be pretty sore today.
    Liberatore also put Jonathan Brown back in his place a couple of times which was great to watch.

Brown asked Liberatore what were you blokes doing on the ground for 25 minutes after the game?

Liberatore "giving back to the supporters, a concept your clearly not aware of"

Second Brown shut down: So Libba I assume you'll and the team will have a few beers tonight?

Liberatore" Its not that type of night; we have a short 5 day turnaround and will be pretty sore tomorrow"
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Thanks Grantysghost, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life, jeemak, Smads57, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It was a fast game there were a few bandaged up players.

McVeigh has them paying more freely just trying to enjoy it at the moment.

Was actually a very un giants like game.