Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  108
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V GWS Giants R14 2022

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Liberatore also put Jonathan Brown back in his place a couple of times which was great to watch.
    Wish I'd kept watching...I'm a "There's the siren, turn it off" type of footy follower these days. Having to listen to Wayne Carey commentate the game was bad enough...surely that has to be over soon? He is/was probably the greatest player I have ever seen but I have zero interest in listening to his thoughts on any subject.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Wish I'd kept watching...I'm a "There's the siren, turn it off" type of footy follower these days. Having to listen to Wayne Carey commentate the game was bad enough...surely that has to be over soon? He is/was probably the greatest player I have ever seen but I have zero interest in listening to his thoughts on any subject.
    Here is the interview.

It gets painful at the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH-62dgcD1Q
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the interview.

Thanks for the link.

Nick Reiwoldt takes his job seriously (imo) and really adds something to the coverage. Bucks and Browny? Please. I don't know Liber at all (of course I don't) but I think if they wanted to add a human element to the questions then asking him about some of his current social concerns would have been better than firing off about beers and tattoos. I actually don't understand why he agreed to the interview.

The fact that there were no commentators at the games in Perth or Sydney last night remains a disgrace. How the AFL tolerates this apathetic approach from their 'partners' is beyond me.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Was actually a very un giants like game.

Fwiw that 50 Macrae got at the end was because some Giants playing decked McNeil in the goalsquare so there's some old fashioned Giant behaviour for you.

The guy next to me was adamant the Giants player whacked McNeil in the face and will get weeks, to me it looked like he more bumped him hard though.

Also that music after the goals was atrocious. The Numb remix especially.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

6. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link.

Nick Reiwoldt takes his job seriously (imo) and really adds something to the coverage. Bucks and Browny? Please. I don't know Liber at all (of course I don't) but I think if they wanted to add a human element to the questions then asking him about some of his current social concerns would have been better than firing off about beers and tattoos. I actually don't understand why he agreed to the interview.

The fact that there were no commentators at the games in Perth or Sydney last night remains a disgrace. How the AFL tolerates this apathetic approach from their 'partners' is beyond me.
    As Happy Days said the AFL seem happy to let channel 7 and fox footy use their social media for "click bait" rather than promoting the product.

Pre COVID Fox footy had such a competitive advantage over CH7 with their coverage, but now the only reason to have fox or Kayo is to see your team play each week.

Yesterday in Adelaide on of the commentators had to ask the boundary rider what happened as they were watching the replay.... also code for I'm not at the ground can you help me out...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I honestly think Bruce needs another week at VFL level at least. I don’t mind playing Sweet, but I feel like the idea of Sweet has overtaken the reality of the player. He effectively halved the ruck contests with Alex Mirkov last night.
    Watching Bruce he is 3 - 4 weeks off it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I'd say he needs another week at Footscray to correctly gauge if he is fit enough but 3 weeks does seem to be about right.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link.

Bring Back Basil Zempilas ( entertainment) and Dennis Cometti actually good commentary!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH-62dgcD1Q
    It is just a shocking show. It has nothing going for it. That interview was a train wreck. Libba had such a good game and they are asking questions about his tatts and where they going to go for beers. It is just embrassing and I'm glad he put them back in their place a few times, probably should have gone even harder.

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link.

Bucks was talking about the 19 goals we kicked and said something like, Good to see WB kick goals something they haven't been able to do in the past few years. Yeah, no worries Bucks the top 3 goal scorer in the last few years.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It was a fast game there were a few bandaged up players.

McVeigh has them paying more freely just trying to enjoy it at the moment.

Was actually a very un giants like game.
    The one tactic I did like they have been using is going straight down the guts.

They caught us out in that first half with moving the ball quickly - three long kicks and bang a goal. We tightened up in the second half and they didn't have a plan B.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Liberatore also put Jonathan Brown back in his place a couple of times which was great to watch.

Brown asked Liberatore what were you blokes doing on the ground for 25 minutes after the game?

Liberatore "giving back to the supporters, a concept your clearly not aware of"

Second Brown shut down: So Libba I assume you'll and the team will have a few beers tonight?

Liberatore" Its not that type of night; we have a short 5 day turnaround and will be pretty sore tomorrow"
    Vintage Libba. What a great bloke. I want him to always be associated with us. Mathew Boyd and Dale Morris too.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    He's nowhere near full minutes yet is he? Makes sense to build him up slowly
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Vintage Libba. What a great bloke. I want him to always be associated with us. Mathew Boyd and Dale Morris too.
    If (in my uneducated opinion) we could poach any assistant coach in the comp, he's my pick.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    If (in my uneducated opinion) we could poach any assistant coach in the comp, he's my pick.
    Where Freo are doing their pre-game warm-up, Matty Boyd is just in front of me. He says hello most weeks after I fan-boyed (pardon the pun) him at the beginning of the season. From what I’ve seen of his coaching (5 minutes before the game each week), he speaks clearly and concisely. Most importantly, the players are listening.
    WOOF Member 422

19. Likes macca, bornadog, merantau liked this post