Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  212
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Hawthorn R15 2022

I was pleased with Marra after the first half.

I said before the game he needed to show something, as a reminder to himself more than anything, that he's on the right track. At half time and very early in the third I was disappointed. He had some missed tackles, dropped marks, slipped over and generally looked out of his depth.

Then he started presenting and leading hard, took multiple strong grabs and got involved. It was an encouraging performance that won't make the headlines in the paper, but said to me that he didn't drop his head and was able to turn the tide to have an impact.

Still a long way to go as you would expect but his development over the rest of the season is important heading into effectively his second 'real' pre-season.
    W00F!

2. Likes jeemak, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He definitely contributed to the team performance. Unless there's someone knocking the door down it would be folly, from the point of view of his development, not to play him for the rest of the season. Remember he played very little football in the year before he came to us.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

AFLCA votes :

Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn
    10 Tom Liberatore (WB)
    7 Rhylee West (WB)
    4 Jack Scrimshaw (HAW)
    4 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
    3 Aaron Naughton (WB)
    1 Mitch Lewis (HAW)
    1 Josh Dunkley (WB)

LEADERBOARD
    76 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
    65 Lachie Neale (BL)
    64 Andrew Brayshaw (FRE)
    59 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
    58 Touk Miller (GCFC)
    55 Christian Petracca (MELB)
    53 Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
    49 Connor Rozee (PORT)
    48 Callum Mills (SYD)
    45 Sam Walsh (CARL)
    44 James Sicily (HAW)
    43 Bailey Smith (WB)
    42 Jack Crisp (COLL)
    41 Sam Docherty (CARL)
    41 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
    41 Darcy Parish (ESS)
    40 Max Gawn (MELB)
    37 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
    37 Taylor Walker (ADEL)

5. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me my love of good cynicism but this guy is my preferred reviewer, outside of Couldabeens, Titus O'Relly addressing an audience who want hysterical overreaction:

"Kudos to the AFL for scheduling not one, but two comedies on Friday night.

With the Bulldogs playing the straight man, Hawthorn were free to let their comedic impulse run wild.

The bit where the Hawks conceded 13 straight goals was hilarious, but it was James Sicily who took it to the next level, by ripping off Aaron Naughton’s headband.

He’s been hit with a $1000 fine, because as we all know, the headband is sacrosanct.

No word yet if Aaron Naughton will miss next week due to the trauma of such an incident, but if he needs to sit out a few weeks, no one will think less of him.

Mainly due to the fact you can’t think less of someone who wears a headband.

Sicily now in a headwear-destroying frenzy, then gave a body punch to Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, presumably because he wasn’t wearing headwear, and got a $2000 fine for that.

In fairness to Sicily, at least you knew he was out there, which you can’t say about a lot of Hawks players.

Mitch Lewis was one of the few others who can hold his head up high. Imagine if he had a midfield that got the ball!

As for the Doggies, they’re finally in the eight after going the long way round and are well-positioned to make up the number in September or run amok and disrupt anything.

Who knows what they can do? Footy rarely makes sense".

7. Thanks bornadog, josie, Nuggety Back Pocket thanked for this post