Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  212
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Hawthorn R15 2022

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Our change in intent at the ball and the ball carrier changed the course of the game.
    It did, my concern is why does it take a quarter before it kicks in. They should be ready and raring to go, straight out of the blocks.

Is it reactivate coaching? Waiting to absorb their first punch before countering?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If people are happy with 1 touch for a game then they have lower standards than me.
    I thought Cody contributed to a forward line which kicked a big score, and was unlucky not to have at least two shots on goal himself (the West free kick and a courageous mark that wasn't paid). His pressure acts show that he was still in the game.

I'm not convinced that he should have played, but he played his pressure forward role and contributed - a week after kicking 5 and dislocating his elbow.

3. Likes Grantysghost, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I thought Cody contributed to a forward line which kicked a big score, and was unlucky not to have at least two shots on goal himself (the West free kick and a courageous mark that wasn't paid). His pressure acts show that he was still in the game.

I'm not convinced that he should have played, but he played his pressure forward role and contributed - a week after kicking 5 and dislocating his elbow.
    McComb had 17 pressure acts.
    West 14, Cody 14, JJ 9.

That's the stuff the coaches love; fans can get stuck on what happens with the ball disproportionately.

Edit : Libba just had the lazy 27! What a star.

5. Thanks Bulldog4life, macca, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes G-Mo77, Sedat, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was Bevo's 100th win as coach, first Dog's coach to do so.

7. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes angelopetraglia, bornadog, jeemak, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    McComb had 17 pressure acts.
    West 14, Cody 14, JJ 9.

That's the stuff the coaches love; fans can get stuck on what happens with the ball disproportionately.

Edit : Libba just had the lazy 27! What a star.
    Hate to be the one that shoots Bambi but Weightman should not have been selected. It was the biggest selection blunder I have ever seen.

And to whitewash things by saying he had pressure acts doesn’t cut it. He was poor (he couldn’t move his arm effectively and it looked like he had reduced feeling in his hand) and the selection committee should have known that foreseeable outcome didn’t justify the risks.

And for the record,football is all about the ball. If you want heroes you go to the movies.

9. Likes bornadog, GVGjr, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Hate to be the one that shoots Bambi but Weightman should not have been selected. It was the biggest selection blunder I have ever seen.

And to whitewash things by saying he had pressure acts doesn’t cut it. He was poor (he couldn’t move his arm effectively and it looked like he had reduced feeling in his hand) and the selection committee should have known that foreseeable outcome didn’t justify the risks.

And for the record,football is all about the ball. If you want heroes you go to the movies.
    And you've seen and vocalised your fair share of blunders I'd imagine.......

He was a bit stiff not to have had the goal West ended up with, and another shot later in the game. Interestingly, both from overhead marks.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes Bulldog4life, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

He was a bit stiff not to have had the goal West ended up with, and another shot later in the game. Interestingly, both from overhead marks.
    All the posters can try and justify that Weightman had a good game and stats prove nothing. Well, one disposal, and maybe should have been two doesn't cut it and is a vital stat.

Weightman is one of my favourite players, but I was extremely disappointed.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All the posters can try and justify that Weightman had a good game and stats prove nothing. Well, one disposal, and maybe should have been two doesn't cut it and is a vital stat.

I don't think he had a "good" game.

But he certainly contributed to the team defence in the forward line and presented all night.

I trust the medicos to know the risks.

He wasn't a 1 possession bad game like a Cory McKernan in the past.

15. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree that the MC got this one wrong. I wonder if that now puts him in doubt for the clash against Brisbane.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn’t have played him. Appreciated his courage at the contest when he had to go, but was clearly hampered by the arm and didn’t really get in the game. Best I can say is that he took a player, posed a threat in the meta sense, and maybe freed up the avenue for West to funnel the footy through instead.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

He didn't play very well in terms of productivity with the footy. Had some almost chances and was maniacal at the footy in some instances, while putting on a lot of pressure.

He didn't have a good game and it's possible this was because of his injury, but like some forward pockets do sometimes (and he has in the past when fit), he may have just had a quiet day.

It's likely he'll have surgery at the end of this year on his elbow, and he'll have to play in pain/ discomfort if he wants to play for the rest of the year as it is. He may as well get used to it.

Perhaps after watching the replay it'll be clearer to me as to as to whether/ how much it impacted him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

It was the biggest selection blunder I have ever seen.
    Nah, Jose in that Prelim still takes the cake.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Gold Danj!

Should we just sit down when the other team has it?

Post Thanks / Like

- I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I've got no problems with the Weightman selection. They would have needed to put their best small defender on him, letting West out of the cage. It also would have put a few worries about reinjury to bed in his mind. You can call him "pathetic" for his one disposal. I call it a courageous effort.