Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  212
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Hawthorn R15 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I don’t think you can make one of the all time selection blunders in a 7 goal win but I guess when Schache and Sweet both get picked you’ve gotta find some new material.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    One of my very good mates was an assistant to Huddo at Sandy.
    I may have gone to a function with free booze and asked Paul that very question. This was me...

Suffice to say I needed to smooth things over the next time I saw him xD (he was fine).
    Haha. And Libba's goal not called. I was down the other end but had a clear view.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I fully accept that selecting a one armed player is a master stroke. Nobody at Hawthorn was expecting it and by the time they had woken up to the ploy the game was over.

But this will not stand as the greatest selection idea of all time because all coaches are going to try to out genius it.

I suspect one of them is going to dig up a deceased player and tie them to a goal post to act as a decoy. The only problem is all are turning in their grave and looking too active.
    This is some perverted stuff and I think I like your posting when we win much more than when we lose.

In fact I want us to pick the side exactly the way you want it to be picked and win, so we can see what actually proliferates on screen when we do.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Happy Days, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    This is some perverted stuff and I think I like your posting when we win much more than when we lose.

In fact I want us to pick the side exactly the way you want it to be picked and win, so we can see what actually proliferates on screen when we do.
    Weekend at Cody's.

6. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Weekend at Cody's.
    I suspect one of them is going to dig up a deceased player and tie them to a goal post to act as a decoy. The only problem is all are turning in their grave and looking too active.

This is what somebody said after a win.

8. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    $1000 fine for misconduct
    Is that all ?

How many " Is that a being a Tool act? " did Sicily get counted for ?

I recall at least 3:

1. pulling Naughton's headband
    2. pathetic attempt to shirtfront bonts, which Sicily got floored
    3. one on one spoil against weightman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Is that all ?

How many " Is that a being a Tool act? " did Sicily get counted for ?

I recall at least 3:

1. pulling Naughton's headband
    2. pathetic attempt to shirtfront bonts, which Sicily got floored
    3. one on one spoil against weightman
    Chill......chill......relax macca.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/786729/m...teammate-fined

James Sicily, Hawthorn, has been charged with Misconduct against Aaron Naughton, Western Bulldogs, during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn played at Marvel Stadium on Friday, June 24 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Misconduct. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

James Sicily, Hawthorn, has been charged with Striking Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Western Bulldogs, during the fourth quarter of the Round 15 match between the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn played at Marvel Stadium on Friday, June 24 2022.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

11. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Nah, Jose in that Prelim still takes the cake.
    Rohan Smith at centre half back against Robran in same match was a doozy of a selection chef.

13. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Chill......chill......relax macca.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/786729/m...teammate-fined

James Sicily, Hawthorn, has been charged with Misconduct against Aaron Naughton, Western Bulldogs, during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn played at Marvel Stadium on Friday, June 24 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Misconduct. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

James Sicily, Hawthorn, has been charged with Striking Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Western Bulldogs, during the fourth quarter of the Round 15 match between the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn played at Marvel Stadium on Friday, June 24 2022.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.
    I didn't remember what the JUH incident was, until I remembered him on his haunches in the forward line at some point. So I assume big brave skipper Sicily gut punched a 20 year old behind play? Cool cool cool cool cool

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Rohan Smith at centre half back against Robran in same match was a doozy of a selection chef.
    Libba on McLeod... Why are we doing this xD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I didn't remember what the JUH incident was, until I remembered him on his haunches in the forward line at some point. So I assume big brave skipper Sicily gut punched a 20 year old behind play? Cool cool cool cool cool
    How does he get a fine for striking?

Post Thanks / Like

So my little bloke had an absolute ball on Friday night.

Wasn’t enjoying himself in the first quarter and when I asked what was the concern he said the noise…. From you Dad! Yep, I was a little vocal when we were battling.

Was engaged in the contest and even missed the scuffle between Bont & Sicily which was only 10m from where we were sitting. I watched the scuffle and the boy follows the action and said that Naughton did a big kick to Rhylee when I quizzed him.

He sang the song at the end and we had to wait for the players to do a lap of the ground, he got a high five from Naughts, but wasn’t overly impressed by Alex Keath who burnt him.

He saw that our next game at Marvel is against St.Kilda and he wasn’t to go… he’s sort of hooked now. The poor boy!

Post Thanks / Like

Libba on McLeod... Why are we doing this xD
    Blame chef

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So my little bloke had an absolute ball on Friday night.

Wasn’t enjoying himself in the first quarter and when I asked what was the concern he said the noise…. From you Dad! Yep, I was a little vocal when we were battling.

Was engaged in the contest and even missed the scuffle between Bont & Sicily which was only 10m from where we were sitting. I watched the scuffle and the boy follows the action and said that Naughton did a big kick to Rhylee when I quizzed him.

He sang the song at the end and we had to wait for the players to do a lap of the ground, he got a high five from Naughts, but wasn’t overly impressed by Alex Keath who burnt him.

He saw that our next game at Marvel is against St.Kilda and he wasn’t to go… he’s sort of hooked now. The poor boy!
    Keath probably wondering why he wasn't In school.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Keath probably wondering why he wasn't In school.
    I did make mention that he doesn't like anyone so don't get offended.

22. Likes EasternWest liked this post