Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  161
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R16 2022

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    What does he do though? Seriously I watch every week, I don't put him under a microscope though. I just can't see what he brings to this team, someone please educate me if I'm wrong. Everyone said when we got him he'll be our Easton Wood. He isn't even close to Easton on his last legs.
    Our game plan allows the opposition to burst out of our forward line, race through the middle and allow low pressure kicks into the forward line. I think our backmen have a really difficult job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    What does he do though? Seriously I watch every week, I don't put him under a microscope though. I just can't see what he brings to this team, someone please educate me if I'm wrong. Everyone said when we got him he'll be our Easton Wood. He isn't even close to Easton on his last legs.
    Wood was destroyed in the GF (not alone).

I know what you are saying, but the gap between 2021 Wood and 2022 TOB isn't that big. TOB has shown an ability to use his athleticism to spoil the ball or on the occasion, take an intercept mark. I'm not sure we're using him as well as we could as that intercept player as he seems to often take his turn on dangerous KPFs which simply isn't his go.

I think he has some nice traits, and when he can run/jump he's usually able to get a fist to the ball, it's just we don't have the right cattle to support him.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Wood was destroyed in the GF (not alone).

I know what you are saying, but the gap between 2021 Wood and 2022 TOB isn't that big. TOB has shown an ability to use his athleticism to spoil the ball or on the occasion, take an intercept mark. I'm not sure we're using him as well as we could as that intercept player as he seems to often take his turn on dangerous KPFs which simply isn't his go.

I think he has some nice traits, and when he can run/jump he's usually able to get a fist to the ball, it's just we don't have the right cattle to support him.
    Wood was cooked by the GF last year. He was playing on reputation only but he deserved his spot for what he had done for the club and had a few credits in the bank. TOB is 27 and supposed to be at his peak. His peak is nothing like Easton Wood. Ask any Hawthorn supporter what they think and they will tell you it was buyer beware.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    While I think we have a great midfield I'm not sure we use them the right way. There isn't enough of the defensive aspect that we need to use at times. I mentioned during the trade period discussions that we should have looked towards George Hewitt who has a great mix of both ball getting and accountability that was lacking in our midfield rotations.

It's a conundrum for us at the moment, a highlight talented midfield group but one that lets us down in more games than they should.
    We have had the same midfield group for 1 + 1/2 full seasons.

Are we any closer to knowing that the 'BEST' mix of players might be than we were when Adam Treloar first walked through the doors and Josh Dunkley was not even a twinkle in his eye?

This is the part I get frustrated with. Who actually plays where? How are the rotations structured?? It is maddening. No one (players) seems to know what their role should be when the chips are down. Example:

- Oppo kick 3-4 in a row.
    - First quarter of an important game. 10 i50's to 3 (our favour) but we aren't scoring.
    - Our 19 point lead in the grand final has withered away in a 5-minute burst and Melbourne are lining up for another (I'm not bitter).

What is the 'best' group and are the players prepared to set their egos aside to enable that group to go to work.

I know I continually sing from the same hymn book on this point but it's exhausting.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Likes Sedat, Grantysghost, jeemak, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our mids are a group of prima donnas who refuse to play a defensive role. It will never change as long as they are at the club.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    We have had the same midfield group for 1 + 1/2 full seasons.

Are we any closer to knowing that the 'BEST' mix of players might be than we were when Adam Treloar first walked through the doors and Josh Dunkley was not even a twinkle in his eye?

This is the part I get frustrated with. Who actually plays where? How are the rotations structured?? It is maddening. No one (players) seems to know what their role should be when the chips are down. Example:

- Oppo kick 3-4 in a row.
    - First quarter of an important game. 10 i50's to 3 (our favour) but we aren't scoring.
    - Our 19 point lead in the grand final has withered away in a 5-minute burst and Melbourne are lining up for another (I'm not bitter).

What is the 'best' group and are the players prepared to set their egos aside to enable that group to go to work.

I know I continually sing from the same hymn book on this point but it's exhausting.
    I'm not sure what Treloar's best role is. We've shoehorned him into a mid forward role and I'm not convinced that's his best spot.
    Was a contested beast most of his career, we taken that away and dropped a ton of weight off him. Now he's like a flighty flanker.
    Fatten the kid up get him in the guts more!

8. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm not sure what Treloar's best role is. We've shoehorned him into a mid forward role and I'm not convinced that's his best spot.
    Was a contested beast most of his career, we taken that away and dropped a ton of weight off him. Now he's like a flighty flanker.
    Fatten the kid up get him in the guts more!
    He dropped weight because he couldn’t run and was having persistent issues with soft tissue injuries… so let’s get him fat so he can sit on the sidelines?

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He dropped weight because he couldn’t run and was having persistent issues with soft tissue injuries… so let’s get him fat so he can sit on the sidelines?
    Can we go in the middle somewhere?

He’s not a 900k per season player with his present output.

He is probably in the top 2 or 3 money earners on the list and in the 10-15 range for influence / importance. I get we don’t pay it all but I’d say 600 is pushing it at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Can we go in the middle somewhere?

He’s not a 900k per season player with his present output.

He is probably in the top 2 or 3 money earners on the list and in the 10-15 range for influence / importance. I get we don’t pay it all but I’d say 600 is pushing it at the moment.
    I more than happy with Treloar, he is a class act. He is averaging 28 disposals a game and almost a goal a game.

He is not our issue.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes Bulldog4life, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I more than happy with Treloar, he is a class act. He is averaging 28 disposals a game and almost a goal a game.

He is not our issue.
    He's not providing 900k a year influence is my point.

He should be getting best on more than he does.

However is this because we've shoehorned him to a role that doesn't suit him because he was surplus to need in his primary position?

I believe that's the case.

Of course he's a good player anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

He's not providing 900k a year influence is my point.

He should be getting best on more than he does.

However is this because we've shoehorned him to a role that doesn't suit him because he was surplus to need in his primary position?

I believe that's the case.

Of course he's a good player anywhere.
    You mean 600k

I honestly don't care what players are paid.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's delivering $600K influence and that's what we're paying him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He's delivering $600K influence and that's what we're paying him.
    For the player should it matter where the money comes from?
    Does he go out there and try 600k worth?
    Do his team mates think that's cool?

I don't know where I'm going with this but I'm enjoying the journey xD

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the player should it matter where the money comes from?
    Does he go out there and try 600k worth?
    Do his team mates think that's cool?

I don't know where I'm going with this but I'm enjoying the journey xD
    Collingwood was stupid enough to pay him ridiculous money, we weren't.

He should be living up to what his contract with us is, which he probably is give or take some days.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

21. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Collingwood was stupid enough to pay him ridiculous money, we weren't.

He should be living up to what his contract with us is, which he probably is give or take some days.
    Not a bad deal for Adz. Dial it in for 300k.