Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  161
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R16 2022

Just a very poor performance tonight, outclassed and just not efficient with our ball use.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been as disappointed in our performance for a long while. After such a promising start to crumple like a potato chip bag from then on was just awful.

Not much to take away from this. JUH is looking better with each outing. Libba was heroic. Dale was very good. Sweet tried hard. We should back him in. Forget about Schache as a 2nd ruck. It's not his go.

One of the things that really destroys us above the shoulders is our inability to kick goals at important points in a match. And conversely our propensity to give up goals with SECONDS left on the clock. We did it again tonight.

Coleman destroyed us tonight. Did he have an opponent?

Our delivery into the forward 50 was worse than ever and big name players were just as culpable
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

4. Thanks Nuggety Back Pocket, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost, josie, Twice Bitten, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor night for us.

The 1st quarter was the opportunity to take control by hitting the scoreboard because we were well on top but that did not happen and we let the Lions back in.

We started the 2nd quarter well but it wasn’t long until the Lions got back and from then on controlled the game.

Our forward line did not function well tonight. Just couldn’t take a trick up there.

Libba was really good as was Bailey Dale. I thought Sweet tried hard as did Marra. Dom Bendendo had a solid debut.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

6. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I haven't been as disappointed in our performance for a long while. After such a promising start to crumple like a potato chip back from then on was just awful.

Not much to take away from this. JUH is looking better with each outing. Libba was heroic. Dale was very good. Sweet tried hard. We should back him in. Forget about Schache as a 2nd ruck. It's not his go.

One of the things that really destroys us above the shoulders is our inability to kick goals at important points in a match. And conversely our propensity to give up goals with SECONDS left on the clock. We did it again tonight.

Coleman destroyed us tonight. Did he have an opponent?

Our delivery into the forward 50 was worse than ever and big name players were just as culpable
    I was pretty flat have to say.

We needed to at least be competitive, show some fight but to basically lose by 10 goals was a really poor result.

We can talk injuries, and it's true but we also need to recognise the Lions lost their two most experienced players during the game and we were a man up.

I think the biggest loss is Smith. Our midfield is slow without him.

With the run we've got and our form against top 8 sides this season I'm calling it.

Hopefully we can get some list gaps filled over the off season, bring in a decent senior assistant and realise the potential of this group.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    The one that has hurt us all year is Bruce.
    But we knew he’d be missing for most of the year and did nothing to replace him…. As has been mentioned lots by posters on here.

The 5 I mentioned have gone out of the team over the last 2-3 weeks and 2 of them (Tim & Baz) have probably been our most influential players when they’ve been on the field.

9. Likes G-Mo77, DOG GOD, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Flat sums it up. The concentration of injuries to our half back line - Daniel, Richards and Duryea - really hurt. Bailey Smith and Caleb Daniel were devastating in our one point thriller against them last year. While the English injury, given his form this year, has been the bridge too far. I thought Hunter faded badly, will undoubtedly be better for the run, but I much preferred the Scott -Williams wing set up which we had little choice but to abandon.

I’m trying to concentrate on the improvement in Jamarra..what great hands he has, against Harris Andrew’s too. And it was a quality debut for Bedendo..to kick the sort of goal that Certain Others in our team struggle with.

McComb is… very unskilled. I’ve really really REALLY wanted to see Schache succeed. He must never play ruck again and I’m losing faith that he can make it.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

11. Likes josie, Happy Days, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    It’s true. Libba and the fellas stayed up all night making posters for the Roe v Wade rally on Saturday and that’s why we lost.
    I remember Doug Wade, but who did Roe play for ?
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

13. Likes josie, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    We have missed him. It is a great shame.
    Yes we have, but we knew he would not be n=back till towards the end of the season, yet we did nothing to address the hole his loss would create. We knew that neither JUH or Schache are the same type of player yet we deliberately/negligently went into 2022 with a game plan that needed 2 big forwards and with only one.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Sweet battled hard and had a bit more involvement around the ground and his field kicking isn't that bad.
    We have to take in to account that he basically missed two seasons because of covid and we didn't play him when we should have.
    If Tim comes back in we should keep Sweet in because if we are going to pour money into someone like Lobb to take Sweets spot we need to know that he won't develop any further.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

16. Likes GVGjr, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The year is pretty much done with that run home. We had an opportunity (especially after our start), but once Bris got on top there was no coming back. The fwds couldn’t hold the ball in, the mids refused to work both ways, letting the defence to look extremely mediocre.
    Not many winners, although Libba was best for us, followed by Dale. Keath has aged a lot in 12 months body wise, and I literally have no faith in Gardner and O’Brien. Cordy might as well be down there.

We have to have our best 22 out there to beat the big teams. We don’t.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Flat sums it up. The concentration of injuries to our half back line - Daniel, Richards and Duryea - really hurt. Bailey Smith and Caleb Daniel were devastating in our one point thriller against them last year. While the English injury, given his form this year, has been the bridge too far. I thought Hunter faded badly, will undoubtedly be better for the run, but I much preferred the Scott -Williams wing set up which we had little choice but to abandon.

I’m trying to concentrate on the improvement in Jamarra..what great hands he has, against Harris Andrew’s too. And it was a quality debut for Bedendo..to kick the sort of goal that Certain Others in our team struggle with.

McComb is… very unskilled. I’ve really really REALLY wanted to see Schache succeed. He must never play ruck again and I’m losing faith that he can make it.
    You make some excellent points. We missed Scott playing on the wing where his elite skills set up so many scoring opportunities. Last night his intention was to try and stop Cameron so that deprived us of his run and kicking. We miss the run of Bailey as well. The drop off by Crozier in the last 2 years. He has fallen off a cliff and surely we wont see him again in the 1's.

It is bizarre how McComb with his skills is even on the list. At 27 what does he offer. At the same time we had Boyd in the 2's who has elite skill and speed and is now killing it at Carlton and is only 21.

Bedendo is the type who will excel in the 1's. The higher the level he plays the better he is and will be in years to come. I think Arthur Jones will be the same where he will find it easier to play 1's than 2's as he can be brought into the game.

Happy for Jamarra. He is slowly working into it and give him 2 years and he will no doubt be elite. With Darcy to come in all is not lost. Injuries have also decimated us but it proves that some we have on hte list have been given opportunities but are not up to it.

19. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I thought Sweet battled hard and had a bit more involvement around the ground and his field kicking isn't that bad.
    We have to take in to account that he basically missed two seasons because of covid and we didn't play him when we should have.
    If Tim comes back in we should keep Sweet in because if we are going to pour money into someone like Lobb to take Sweets spot we need to know that he won't develop any further.
    Agree with this. Sweet's tap work is excellent and gives us a "clean clearence" a lot of the time rather than us getting a clearence from the opposition under pressure. He won't get much of it around the ground but he can smash packs and bring it to ground. The club did tell him to curb his agression which we probably need at the moment. Let the boy play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    But we knew he’d be missing for most of the year and did nothing to replace him…. As has been mentioned lots by posters on here.

The 5 I mentioned have gone out of the team over the last 2-3 weeks and 2 of them (Tim & Baz) have probably been our most influential players when they’ve been on the field.
    Agree on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I remember Doug Wade, but who did Roe play for ?
    Collingwood & Brisbane
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane scored 28 times from 50 inside 50's. Either our personnel is utterly broken in the back 6, there is a major flaw in our defensive structure when we don't have the ball, or a combination of both.

Both flaws are the responsibility of the footy dept, part list management and part coaching. I just hope they are fixed immediately so we don't completely waste the Bontempelli era.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"