Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  121
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Sydney Swans R17 2022

Travelling as a team can be illuminating.

Can expose cracks or factions.

Or can unite.

Some things I noticed last night make me wonder if there's some fractures in the group.

Certainly the way they played it seemed something was off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    I wasn’t able to watch the game last night, but have recorded it. Win or lose I always watch the replay but after reading all the comments on here I’m thinking I’ll just delete. Was there anything positive at all to change my mind?
    no..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Statistically his game looks alright. Watching it he was clearly down, that 1st quarter was dreadful. Maybe a bit reluctant due to another head knock?
    Sam Reid stats at a high level pretty much mirror English stats which is fairly underwhelming.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I’m struggling with what to think and say. It almost feels like the loss we had to have, to lay bare the things we’ve seen wrong in our team this year but have been masked by preoccupation with our bad kicking, or injury woes, or the great ruck dilemmas, or quarters/halves here and there which remind us of our best.

But this has been a truly bad year, with few positives, no really memorable wins and a whole lot of serious question marks about players, selections, and tactical nous.

Nothing has been done to correct the things that led to the GF capitulation. In almost every match including the wins we’ve seen even poor teams able to get a run on and score with ease.

It seemed like in 2016 all those issues of mental fragility or ‘what exactly is wrong with OUR club?’ had been blown away but now they seem sharper than ever. A premiership with one of the all time youngest lists, injured players who missed out hungry to taste that success, a strong vfl side. And yet what has there been to show for all that promise. Our inability to build a dynasty from that is just as embarrassing as all the other things that have been so hard to live through as a Bulldogs fan.

I hope when/if finals become completely out of the question there is a strong methodical review and we don’t think it will all be fixed with a new recruit here or there.
    Well said.

Why is it that the four times we have made grand finals, we miss out on the finals the following year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Sam Reid stats at a high level pretty much mirror English stats which is fairly underwhelming.
    In one quarter Reid had 8 tackles and our entire side had 8.

Third maybe, it was sirswampthing on the platform formerly known as Elon's egoverse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Oh man thought you’d get that one for sure. Was the internet music board before everyone got Spotify and could just listen to everything all the time
    Was and will be always a Youtube guy. Yes, the quality isn't where it could be but the range is where it should be.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So thinking back on it - is there actually anything positive to take from that game?
    Cody continuing to play with pain and try and make an impact. West showing tenacity and hunger around the footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I’m struggling with what to think and say. It almost feels like the loss we had to have, to lay bare the things we’ve seen wrong in our team this year but have been masked by preoccupation with our bad kicking, or injury woes, or the great ruck dilemmas, or quarters/halves here and there which remind us of our best.

But this has been a truly bad year, with few positives, no really memorable wins and a whole lot of serious question marks about players, selections, and tactical nous.

Nothing has been done to correct the things that led to the GF capitulation. In almost every match including the wins we’ve seen even poor teams able to get a run on and score with ease.

It seemed like in 2016 all those issues of mental fragility or ‘what exactly is wrong with OUR club?’ had been blown away but now they seem sharper than ever. A premiership with one of the all time youngest lists, injured players who missed out hungry to taste that success, a strong vfl side. And yet what has there been to show for all that promise. Our inability to build a dynasty from that is just as embarrassing as all the other things that have been so hard to live through as a Bulldogs fan.

I hope when/if finals become completely out of the question there is a strong methodical review and we don’t think it will all be fixed with a new recruit here or there.
    Ripping post, but the bolded bit I can't agree with.

It's hard to make finals in an eighteen team competition and we got it right in a year when we were as good as anyone when our players were all together and firing in 2016. We haven't had that since, and to my mind last year's effort was an aberration and a brilliant one for the journey given how up against it we were for a massive chunk of the season.

Nothing about our club is an embarrassment. We fight against the odds, get it right sometimes and other times we don't. But the fifteen to twenty years since Rocket took over and to Bevo's tenure have been nothing close to an embarrassment. As supporters that time has delivered amazing value finals wise and a flag to boot.

10. Thanks Boots thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Ripping post, but the bolded bit I can't agree with.

It's hard to make finals in an eighteen team competition and we got it right in a year when we were as good as anyone when our players were all together and firing in 2016. We haven't had that since, and to my mind last year's effort was an aberration and a brilliant one for the journey given how up against it we were for a massive chunk of the season.

Nothing about our club is an embarrassment. We fight against the odds, get it right sometimes and other times we don't. But the fifteen to twenty years since Rocket took over and to Bevo's tenure have been nothing close to an embarrassment. As supporters that time has delivered amazing value finals wise and a flag to boot.
    Yeah, I agree. I think the frustration many of us feel now is because historically we’ve had it so good these past 5-6 years and expectations have lifted.

I really dunk on Bevo too much, he’s just about the most important person to have ever entered the club and deserves more appreciation than I give him. Something is off though and I hope he can fix it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

12. Likes Boots, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I think the frustration many of us feel now is because historically we’ve had it so good these past 5-6 years and expectations have lifted.

I really dunk on Bevo too much, he’s just about the most important person to have ever entered the club and deserves more appreciation than I give him. Something is off though and I hope he can fix it.
    Totally agree re Bevo.

He is incredible.

He looks tired and angry, the club need to get him the support he needs otherwise he's going to burn out.

You look in the coaches box and it's scary the lack of experience in there.

Feels like he's trying to do everything atm.

14. Likes Swoop, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Totally agree re Bevo.

He is incredible.

He looks tired and angry, the club need to get him the support he needs otherwise he's going to burn out.

You look in the coaches box and it's scary the lack of experience in there.

Feels like he's trying to do everything atm.
    Would love to have Leon back to help.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Was and will be always a Youtube guy. Yes, the quality isn't where it could be but the range is where it should be.
    I’m an NTS Radio guy now. Best app you can get on these stupid phones.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would prefer Joel Corey and/or Matty Boyd.

Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer Rocket but one of them would have to coach on the bench.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...