Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  121
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Sydney Swans R17 2022

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Are you sure that is our Brad Johnson? I find it hard to believe he would say something like that at all.
    It's looking more like a false account. I've stopped following him now
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Haha. Sucked us right in.

Fake Brad is right though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Wonder if there's been a fallout?

I recall him being scathing earlier in the year too which is really unlike him. Perhaps gives a tiny insight into some issues behind closed doors
    Interesting isn’t it (and not in a good way). Isn’t Bubba still on the coaching staff? Bubba and Johnno (assume) are still close so that would provide insight into the ways of working. Do Bevo and Grant get on? Are there issues there? Or is Johnno just frustrated like al of us with our game plan and game management? It’s not like we have players wanting to leave (at this stage) - which to me is the biggest determiner of ‘losing a playing group’. It’s not like there is a mass exodus like the Tory party seeking resignation at the top.

Just saw the post above indicating that the Johnno account is a fake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Don't stress, Dunkley and Hunter won't be at the Dogs next year.
    We must be housemates because it seems we get the same mail.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We must be housemates because it seems we get the same mail.
    You're a funnier version of me.

I'm you if you didn't get raised on this site.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Yeah as much as I agree with that tweet it really doesn't sound like the real Brad Johnson at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo was flat in the presser. Didn't really reveal much. Kept his cards close to his chest. He said I don't want to make excuses while hinting in riddles that we have had some excuses for our decline in performance this year versus last year.

Post Thanks / Like

You're a funnier version of me.

I'm you if you didn't get raised on this site.
    I would’ve way rather gotten raised in /mu/ than here but I guess we play with the cards we’re dealt
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Bevo was flat in the presser. Didn't really reveal much. Kept his cards close to his chest. He said I don't want to make excuses while hinting in riddles that we have had some excuses for our decline in performance this year versus last year.
    It was subtle, but if you listened hard for the sub text you noticed a clear message.

10. Likes Sedat, DOG GOD, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I would’ve way rather gotten raised in /mu/ than here but I guess we play with the cards we’re dealt
    Sorry for being a Karen or a Boomer or whatever it is I should identify with given I don't know what you're talking about, but what is /mu/ ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It was subtle, but if you listened hard for the sub text you noticed a clear message.

Change your signature.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently we are 8-10 in games when English is sole ruck and 11-2 (both losses against Melbourne) when we have a two-pronged ruck division.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray, DOG GOD, Mutz, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Change your signature.
    I'll retreat back into the shadows next week.

Post Thanks / Like

There is so much angst on here and deservedly so. We are all searching for answers. The obvious one is that we just aren't that good. It's hard to accept that when we made the GF last year after a Herculean effort at season's end and then, as recently as last week, absolutely dominated the first quarter against Brisbane on their own deck but fail time and again to take our chances. Instead of being 5 goals up Brisbane are still in the game and we get humiliated from then on.

And then, next game mind you when we know the Swans are going to come out firing, we just roll over and they open up a 40 point lead. How do you account for that?

Team selection for a start. Hannan and Treloar in defence? Did Bevo get out the ouija board during the week?

English rucked like a bloke recovering from a stroke. His timing was just horrible. I saw him looking at his opponent so many times before going for the ball. That's NOT a good look. Go for the ball with all you've got - that's a non-negotiable.

I get the impression that we don't have the personality types who can inspire blokes around them to lift. Apart from Libba that is. And you can't fake something like that. The desire to win, the desire to give everything can inspire those around you to greatness. We don't have those types of players I'm sorry to say. I wish I knew what the atmosphere was like in the inner sanctum in the week leading up to this game. I didn't see any evidence that the players were primed for a big game.

I'm as frustrated as all hell. It's another horrible waste of a season. In fact you could say it's been a disastrous 6 years as we have failed to inculcate a winning culture at the Club. In what way has the Herculean effort we made to get to the GF last year infiltrated the mind set of the organisation? It hasn't.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

17. Thanks GVGjr, The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite, josie, Mutz, Sedat, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just reading a little between the lines I wonder if Bevo has all but written the season off and now tinkering with players to see if they can play other roles.
    I've posted my thoughts about Treloar in other threads but defence would be the last place I would put him and I'm also wondering about Williams as he has declined this year and gets caught a lot.
    I thought Garcia played well enough in a poor team effort and shows some good evasive skills if his body can hold up he could replace Libba when the time comes.
    I'm also in the Sweet should have played and I know his mobility isn't were Bevo wants it to be but with the 6,6,6 rule isn't more important to get first use out of the centre so the ball get in fast to our forwards before the opposition can clog up our half.
    Anyway a lot went wrong and not much right and because of a lack of depth (Not many putting their hand up in the VFL) it's hard to give battered players some recovery time.
    Bont.jpg
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

19. Likes boydogs liked this post