Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  121
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Sydney Swans R17 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Not sure if it was stupid but we certainly didn't appear to give him a decent chance to make it work.
    I suspect we will have to give it another week though.
    I prefer Cordy to Hannan. I didn't say that in the match committee thread because it won't happen
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Here's the play. Ignore the sound my heater died and that's a portable.

It's Papley not Lloyd but you can see Keath's instinct is to run away and defend space.
    Papley waltzes into the dangerous space and sets up a goal scoring opp.
    How can you not run at him there?

It should have been the outside player folding in to put pressure on outside five, which looked like Hunter. He almost did as much as he could have been to stay out of the play then.

However, there should be some discretion allowed, and I agree Keath should have propped.

When the ball is moving slow, it's fine. When it's moving fast, stop and press.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it was stupid but we certainly didn't appear to give him a decent chance to make it work.
    Why though? Has he ever played a defensive role. Why start now? Why continue it any longer after it failing? Square pegs don't fit in round holes and never will.

Post Thanks / Like

The move reeks of desperation.

I keep coming back to list management - how can we continually draft half back flankers and out of 40 odd players on a list, have less than 4 who can actually DEFEND. That's not just key defenders, that's ANY defender.
    W00F!

6. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bont put in his worst performance in is AFL career tonight, he fumbled his way through the first quarter and set the tone for the group.

English got clean hands to it many times but was unable to put it down a mids throat when it counted. I still think the best thing for the team this year with Bruce out was for Sweet to ruck 65% and Tim to play forward.

There is no doubt there is an underlying selfishness within the group( so many of them hem have been holding out to sign all year I reckon it has been an issue inside the club) and its shown by the lack of defensive intent across the whole ground.

We are officially cooked. We need to use this time smartly, have a good hard look at ourselves warts and all, and make some smart list management decisions for us to finally make the top 4 under Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Here's the play. Ignore the sound my heater died and that's a portable.

It's Papley not Lloyd but you can see Keath's instinct is to run away and defend space.
    Papley waltzes into the dangerous space and sets up a goal scoring opp.
    How can you not run at him there?

How was that a free kick to Heeny. Watch the ball bounce off Ed's head, plus he didn't chop the arms
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Grantysghost, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It should have been the outside player folding in to put pressure on outside five, which looked like Hunter. He almost did as much as he could have been to stay out of the play then.
    It was diabolical that's for sure. I think Keath was trying to cover the guy streaming through but to let a guy walk it in like that... Crikey something ain't right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Are you saying he's lost the players?
    Interesting question. Sometimes I feel like he has but then we retain our players so I don’t believe that to be the case. It is is hard to point a finger as to exactly what the problem is. There are a number of contributing factors - personnel, psychological, structure, injuries, talent (or lack thereof), accountability- it is a long list of issues.

Where is the club’s scrutiny of our inept performance? Where is our President? We need to know where we are headed and how our current issues will be addressed in the future. Bevo carries a lot on his plate and needs more support from the top down (maybe he gets it but it certainly isn’t clear to us supporters). I feel like we don’t have direction across the club in general.

12. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I prefer Cordy to Hannan. I didn't say that in the match committee thread because it won't happen
    You're not going to get much support but I'll back you with the bring back Cordy proposal

Post Thanks / Like

Well we saved our worst performance of the year for the most important game of the year. I am really angry. To be so supine in the first quarter is unforgiveable! It was an appalling effort.

And then, as per usual, when we needed to kick goals - we missed. We just don't have the players who we can rely on to get the job done. Bont's miss on the run - a case in point.

English? He allowed homself to be dominated by Sam effing Reid! Can you believe it! I can't.

We had so very few good players tonight. It was just awful. A nightmare. I really thought we would win this game. I feel like a fool now An absolute stupid fool.

We may win the last two games of the year but that"s it. I don't believe in miracles. This game should be a wake up call for the Club.

What the fcuk are we doing having men such as Matty Boyd, Bob Murphy and Dale Morris elsewhere. They should be in our coaching group surely?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

15. Likes Sedat, Boots, Mutz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Bont put in his worst performance in is AFL career tonight, he fumbled his way through the first quarter and set the tone for the group.

English got clean hands to it many times but was unable to put it down a mids throat when it counted. I still think the best thing for the team this year with Bruce out was for Sweet to ruck 65% and Tim to play forward.

There is no doubt there is an underlying selfishness within the group( so many of them hem have been holding out to sign all year I reckon it has been an issue inside the club) and its shown by the lack of defensive intent across the whole ground.

We are officially cooked. We need to use this time smartly, have a good hard look at ourselves warts and all, and make some smart list management decisions for us to finally make the top 4 under Bevo.
    But we have to play the best ruck/ forward in the league as a pure ruck otherwise he will leave.

That's how *!*!*!*!en selfish our team is.

We have the perfect player to fill the hardest position on the ground to fill, and the *!*!*!*! only wants to play the position he is worst at for some ridiculous reason.

17. Likes Sedat, The Bulldogs Bite, kruder, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Against the Saints I would imagine Cordy or TOB are a chance.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    You're not going to get much support but I'll back you with the bring back Cordy proposal
    I'd take Cordy back over Hannan that's for sure.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

How was that a free kick to Heeny. Watch the ball bounce off Ed's head, plus he didn't chop the arms
    You can't make contact without looking at the ball sometimes, but sometimes you can depending on the day.

You're an idiot for not understanding that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But we have to play the best ruck/ forward in the league as a pure ruck otherwise he will leave.

That's how *!*!*!*!en selfish our team is.

We have the perfect player to fill the hardest position on the ground to fill, and the *!*!*!*! only wants to play the position he is worst at for some ridiculous reason.
    I know you've brought this up a few times but it's really valid.
    W00F!

22. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post