Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  121
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Sydney Swans R17 2022

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think that was more of describing what he would like. But I don't believe he said he would leave if he didn't get what he wants.
    Nah BD. He definitely said something about X player will leave if they didn't get more time in their position, referring to English.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It was *!*!*!*!ing stupid.

He doesn’t play for 10 weeks… has a run around for Footscray in a unfamiliar role then straight in and lines up on one of the competitions best small forwards.
    Which is basically what I said on the selections thread. Crunch game you need everyone bang on ready not running them into form in the senior team

Post Thanks / Like

That is actually BS talk.

English is our number one ruck. Sweet is a long way off as he can't find the ball around the ground.
    I'm sorry I didn't get there today to say hello, but you need to get over it.

Tim English is the best ruck forward in the league. full stop.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    It's actually not. It was brought up last season on a post game press conference and Bevo said that himself.
    See!

Even though we share avatars we rarely agree BAD. You're wrong here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It's a good question.

I think we have holes literally everywhere. Bruce is close to done and I'm not banking on him whatsoever for next year, Marra is still a long way off it, Darcy hasn't played a game and might be a defender?

Lobb at least gives both Naughton and English support. Good sides continually outmark us and I'm a firm believer in two rucks. It means we don't have somebody like Schache who has no impact forward and no impact as a ruck.

However, you bring up a good point - does it impact our ability to address an even bigger weakness which are our key defenders? It kinda has to, doesn't it?

It will never happen but I'd rather trade all of Dunkley, Hunter and Macrae to fix issues at both ends. Sadly this isn't fantasy football so it's pointless mentioning that, but my point is as good as Dunks/Hunter/Macrae are, you can always find good mids.

In short, it's an interesting off season because whilst Lobb helps his recruitment is absolutely worthless if Keath and Gardner are still our key backs next year.
    Don't stress, Dunkley and Hunter won't be at the Dogs next year.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that was more of describing what he would like. But I don't believe he said he would leave if he didn't get what he wants.
    Nah BD. He definitely said something about X player will leave if they didn't get more time in their position, referring to English.
    Tim's manager said all but Tim would leave if not granted the first ruck position, due to being frustrated playing forward. That was basically at the same time Bevo weirdly came out and said Tim is our first ruck and will be played there. It was all earlier this year.

Yes BAD, before you go off your kettle it is speculation, but it was pretty clear.

In fact I can't believe you missed it.

7. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In short, it's an interesting off season because whilst Lobb helps his recruitment is absolutely worthless if Keath and Gardner are still our key backs next year.
    This is absolutely my concern with recruiting Lobb. Hence my line about not asking the right questions if Lobb is the answer.

We are 18th for conceding contested marks in general and contested marks inside D50 - that's worse than North for context. Getting Lobb as a stop-gap ruck/forward while we wait for Darcy and JUH, and when we get Bruce back to full capacity, is a niche problem by comparison. And it will cost decent coin/draft currency.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    This is absolutely my concern with recruiting Lobb. Hence my line about not asking the right questions if Lobb is the answer.

We are 18th for conceding contested marks in general and contested marks inside D50 - that's worse than North for context. Getting Lobb as a stop-gap ruck/forward while we wait for Darcy and JUH, and when we get Bruce back to full capacity, is a niche problem by comparison. And it will cost decent coin/draft currency.
    I note with interest Essendon are into Liam Jones. There's stupider ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone noted Brad Johnson on Twitter tonight. It must be a false account.

That is the most insipid quarter of football I have seen from the Dogs in a long long time, soft, no game plan, no leaders, players not skilled enough and POORLY coached, as usual #AFLSwansDogs

He's really got it in for the coaching
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

That is the most insipid quarter of football I have seen from the Dogs in a long long time, soft, no game plan, no leaders, players not skilled enough and POORLY coached, as usual #AFLSwansDogs

Edit : twas a hoax!

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if there's been a fallout?

I recall him being scathing earlier in the year too which is really unlike him. Perhaps gives a tiny insight into some issues behind closed doors
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if there's been a fallout?

I recall him being scathing earlier in the year too which is really unlike him. Perhaps gives a tiny insight into some issues behind closed doors
    Wonder if Morris related seeing Brad worked with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure that is our Brad Johnson? I find it hard to believe he would say something like that at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone noted Brad Johnson on Twitter tonight.

Considering his BFF is a coach at the Dogs, it is certainly interesting that he’s so public in his criticism. Is he acting as a proxy for Bubba and venting shared frustrating?

That’s if the account belongs to the ACTUAL Johnno.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure that is our Brad Johnson? I find it hard to believe he would say something like that at all.
    It's not the first time.