Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  95
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V St. Kilda R18 2022

Interestingly we have won 2 from 7 (29 percent of games Hunter has played this season).

I have no point.

Well we've won 7 from 10 he hasn't.

Still no idea what that means.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Interestingly we have won 2 from 7 (29 percent of games Hunter has played this season).

I have no point.

www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Haha

Post Thanks / Like

Solid win tonight. Happy to have got some confidence back. Was refreshing to start the game well for a change and dictate it for most of it after that. The 3rd quarter got quite boring not much happening. The final quarter very poor on our part as the Saints had all the momentum.

Bont played his best match of the season. Marra will be great was very good tonight. Buku competed really well. Treloar had a solid game behind the ball. Libba very good again as was Gardner.

Need to really be at it whole game next Saturday night if we are any chance to beat the Demons.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Marra and Khamis were big positives. Marra found other ways to get involved tonight besides just leading/marking. He looked a lot better at ground level than I've seen him previously and his agility was noticeable.

The stats may not show it but he's definitely taken steps forward this year.

Khamis was clean, assured, confident, strong and intelligent. It was quite the performance. He was one of the few in the last quarter who still had some great repetitive efforts. Easily his best game and shows he can really make it.

Garcia was energetic and reminded us why we like him, Bont had his best game of the year by some margin. Richards was mostly good, JJ is an important piece, Libba and Macrae worked hard both ways for most of the night.

Having said all that, our concentration and effort lapse in the second half was abysmal. It started in the third with over possessing the ball and trying to be cute, and evolved into a mini capitulation in the last. The game was over but it was a reminder how far off the best sides we are.

McNeil isn't up to the standard and I really don't want him near this side. Not quick, not strong, not skilled. Let's move on. I know he isn't ready but at this point I'd rather invest time into Jones or Bedendo.
    W00F!

7. Likes Mantis, merantau, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Missed the game last night due to a function. Only watched the highlights and listened to the Bevo presser. Bevo was as upbeat as I have heard for him for some time. It sounds like we had a real hit from COVID with Naughton, Shaq, Hunter and Cordy. Also Spangler, Primsall and Varcoe were also out from a coaching perspective. With Bevo mentioning Varcoe in particular being impacted significantly.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Marra and Khamis were big positives. Marra found other ways to get involved tonight besides just leading/marking. He looked a lot better at ground level than I've seen him previously and his agility was noticeable.

The stats may not show it but he's definitely taken steps forward this year.

Khamis was clean, assured, confident, strong and intelligent. It was quite the performance. He was one of the few in the last quarter who still had some great repetitive efforts. Easily his best game and shows he can really make it.

Garcia was energetic and reminded us why we like him, Bont had his best game of the year by some margin. Richards was mostly good, JJ is an important piece, Libba and Macrae worked hard both ways for most of the night.

Having said all that, our concentration and effort lapse in the second half was abysmal. It started in the third with over possessing the ball and trying to be cute, and evolved into a mini capitulation in the last. The game was over but it was a reminder how far off the best sides we are.

McNeil isn't up to the standard and I really don't want him near this side. Not quick, not strong, not skilled. Let's move on. I know he isn't ready but at this point I'd rather invest time into Jones or Bedendo.
    Great summation, TBB.
    The second last para makes an important point, we really went off the boil earlier than the general perception; it was a diminishing performance after half time.

Comparing the scoring, both teams kicked 5 goals in the second half.
    We scored 2 behinds, St.Kilda 10.
    Saints inaccuracy made a big contribution to our win.

On the positive side, some encouraging performances by many, hope we maintain the momentum. We'll need it!
    Go Doggies!

Post Thanks / Like

I've calmed down a bit from the last quarter disappointment now.
    However, if we turn the ball over in our forward half in the same way again against Melbourne we will get burnt to cinders. Naughton back in will make a difference. I definitely want Schache and Hunter back too.

We got a lift having Smith back. Such a pity he turned it over a lot as he got a lot of ball. English and Sweet is a good combo.
    Backline were solid. Buku was good all night and Gardner was really solid and nullified King. With Daniel and Duyrae to come back in we will be even better.

Next 3 weeks is the acid test for both this season and 2023. Win 3 out of the 3 and we'll go into the finals as the form team. Win 2 and we'll play finals in good shape to have a real crack.

Perform really well but only win 1 or zero would be a bitter pill but gives us something to build on for next year. I"m playing the long game here as my head tells me we ain't going to make finals this year again. My heart is yearning for another fairy tale finish. They can happen more than once in a lifetime you know!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

12. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

I have no point.

What's the correlation between Hunter in/Sweet out and Sweet in/Hunter out...

I can smell what you're cooking!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone explain to me why the free kick was paid against Jamarra at the beginning of the last quarter?

Was he holding his tongue in a non-AFL approved position or something?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Not in the goal square as a starting position, apparently for the second time.......666 rule. Should be sick, sick, sick rule for how awesome it is.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Thanks merantau thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Not in the goal square as a starting position, apparently for the second time.......666 rule. Should be sick, sick, sick rule for how awesome it is.
    Great song.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't it Saints had the first warning and we hadn't had one or did I miss something.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Wasn't it Saints had the first warning and we hadn't had one or did I miss something.
    Exact same question I asked........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.