Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  95
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V St. Kilda R18 2022

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Cody needs to go back to the VFL that was an embarrassing performance.
    Cody and Bruce were very poor and with Naughton missing as well we were fortunate to have Marra finish with 3 goals plus improved games from Garcia and Johannisen.
    The Bont who was BOG, makes a huge difference going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

This is why Bevo is one of the best.

‘Protect the pack’: Dogs reveal how ‘Cape buffalo’ sign sparked stunning win

The Western Bulldogs have lifted the lid (albeit slightly) on their goal and post-game celebrations, which played a role in the side’s scintillating start against St Kilda on Friday night at Marvel Stadium.

Multiple Dogs players were seen making a horn gesture on their forehead after kicking goals, of which there were plenty in the opening three quarters before a late Saints fightback saw the final margin 28 points.

Speaking post-game, halfback gun Ed Richards said the meaning behind it was related to the Cape buffalo, which help protect each other in their herd.

“Our theme for the week, we spoke about the buffalo,” Richards told foxfooty.com.au post-game.

“Just how they sort of protect the pack and that we were going to go out there and protect each other at all costs.

“That was something we were poor with against Sydney so it was the focus this week against the Saints.”

Richards added the theme was led by coach Luke Beveridge along with the side’s leaders.

Asked post-game about the theme, however, Beveridge was tight-lipped.

“We never normally let you in on the themes, but we had a little bit of a Cape buffalo theme tonight, that’s all I’ll say.”

Still, it’s fair to say the message didn’t cut through for at least some of the players.

Bailey Dale was one of them, who was asked about the celebration post-game.

“Honestly, I have no idea, Bevo comes up with that many different themes,” he told Fox Footy.

“He comes up with a new one every week and there’s a couple that some of the boys don’t have any idea about but we run with it anyway.

“He’s very creative. Not the Chicago Bulls, I don’t know just something in the wild.

“I didn’t even really get it but we went with it anyway.”
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Thanks josie, merantau thanked for this post
    Likes DOG GOD, I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that Gvgjr. My laugh for the day when I read quotes from Bailey Dale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    What's the correlation between Hunter in/Sweet out and Sweet in/Hunter out...

I can smell what you're cooking!

I'm pretty sure 90 percent of the time we win every time.

There's lies, damn lies, and statistics right!

Cherry picking is fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Thanks for posting that Gvgjr. My laugh for the day when I read quotes from Bailey Dale.
    I get the reference Bevo is making to the playing group as the Cape Buffalo really do defend each other.
    The herd stick together and are a formidable team which is a great theme for the players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I get the reference Bevo is making to the playing group as the Cape Buffalo really do defend each other.
    The herd stick together and are a formidable team which is a great theme for the players.
    Surely Bailey Dale got it. Maybe not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Surely Bailey Dale got it. Maybe not.
    Obviously doesn't watch a lot of African wildlife shows. I've seen some shows of those bull Buffalo's standing up to Elephants.
    A formidable opponent and Bevo is onto to something there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Obviously doesn't watch a lot of African wildlife shows. I've seen some shows of those bull Buffalo's standing up to Elephants.
    A formidable opponent and Bevo is onto to something there.
    I have seen them stand up to big cats but I can't say elephants. Be interesting to see. Will have to google.

Post Thanks / Like

Buffalo soldier and future captain.

11. Likes chef, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if Bailey Dale is just being coy with the media and doesn’t want to make Bevo angry by spilling the beans on his private themes or he’s actually a bit of an air head. Either way, god damn he’s lethal on the run. One of my absolute favourite things about this Dogs team is when he gets the ball anywhere within 60m of goal, basically put it in the book.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not sure if Bailey Dale is just being coy with the media and doesn’t want to make Bevo angry by spilling the beans on his private themes or he’s actually a bit of an air head. Either way, god damn he’s lethal on the run. Basically put it in the book when he’s streaming in within 60m of goal.
    Could be comrade. Put it this way I'd rather have him on our team than partnering him in a game of scrabble.

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not sure if Bailey Dale is just being coy with the media and doesn’t want to make Bevo angry by spilling the beans on his private themes or he’s actually a bit of an air head. Either way, god damn he’s lethal on the run. One of my absolute favourite things about this Dogs team is when he gets the ball anywhere within 60m of goal, basically put it in the book.
    I watched that interview and he came across as quite well spoken and cluey. Hadn't heard much from him previously. Wouldn't be surprised if he was playing a straight bat to protect the inner culture (which seems silly until you recall Melbourne's pure antagonistic plagiarism of the Freed From Desire post-game rave).
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I watched that interview and he came across as quite well spoken and cluey. Hadn't heard much from him previously. Wouldn't be surprised if he was playing a straight bat to protect the inner culture (which seems silly until you recall Melbourne's pure antagonistic plagiarism of the Freed From Desire post-game rave).
    We also know Bevo really hates anything internal getting out into the open

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I would not be surprised at all if the Demons pull out the horns this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Coaches votes

Western Bulldogs v St Kilda
    10 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
    7 Callum Wilkie (STK)
    5 Tom Liberatore (WB)
    3 Ryan Gardner (WB)
    2 Jason Johannisen (WB)
    2 Bailey Dale (WB)
    1 Jack Macrae (WB)

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post