Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R19 2022

Immmma celebrate ��

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    What's wrong with it?
    I originally posted my WOOF Votes in it.. and I couldn't delete the post, so just replaced the text.

4. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Wow. Wow. Just back from the game. Unbelievable scenes. Hung in tough all game and stood up when it really counted. How good is footy?

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning victory. Best game we've played, possibly since I've been watching footy (c. 2015).

A proper four-quarter effort - no brain fades, no junk-time switch off. We came with a plan, executed it, then shifted strategy to match their shifts. Normally wghen Bevo gives them a rev up int he changes they play well for half a quarter then look a little lost - not tonight! We saw we had a problem with them exiting stoppages forward and we... just stopped them doing it, for the whole game. Magnificent.

We never shut teams down, and we certainly never do it for four full quarters. We did it tonight. That felt like a mature win.

Here's hoping we can keep doing this. God knows we'll need to against Geelong.

Side note, how good is it watching Melbourne look miserable after a loss. They're such entitled pricks they can't even imagine losing, it hits them like a sack of bricks.

7. Likes MrMahatma, jeemak, josie, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got home…what a win!

My boy Gardi done good again ��

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the game.
    I hugged strangers
    I cried
    I celebrated
    I lost my voice

It was so worth it.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Been waiting for a while for a Bulldogs game and circumstances to really inject some emotion into the support, rather than just going along out of a sense of duty, and plugging away.

Funnily enough, I don’t think there was much special about the performance, just met expectations. The boys were good enough, for long enough. Didn’t feel to me like we really dug deep, or ratcheted up the intensity. Just did our thing and came out on top. The circumstances did draw out a bit more from the boys though, and it was the dash of Garcia and the class of Jamarra that really put the feeling into the stands.

I had a racist, loud mouth prick Demons fan near me tonight, and noticed there was quite a few punch ups. Not surprised. They are a bunch of cocky bastards. Not content with the win, I now also wish a great deal of ill on the entire Melbourne football club. May the joyous touch of victory never grace their ilk again. And as the Brazilians say, may a thousand piranhas descend upon their genitals.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home now. Went with my Mum who is a Demons supporter. We sat in different seats and met up at the end of the game again

What a win that was! Was jumping out of my seat a number of times tonight.

This was our redemption match against the Demons. So good to have got one back over them. This was a breakout game for Marra. We have star there in the making.

Go Bulldogs!!
    Last edited by Eastdog; 24-07-2022 at 01:15 AM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t need words.

Post Thanks / Like

It was Essendon 2000 vibes in the stands and walking out of the ground. Awesome win.

So glad I could be there for Jamarra's coming of age game. Enormous.

14. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost, angelopetraglia, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Just got home now. Went with my Mum who is a Demons supporter. We sat in different seats and met up at the end of the game again

What a win that was! Was jumping out of my seat a number of times tonight.

This was our redemption match against the Demons. So good to have got one back over them. This was a breakout game for Marra. We have star there in the making.

Go Bulldogs!!
    No dinner for you this week Easty.

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Listened to the last quarter, so exciting. Jamara is a bit of a freak, what a game from the young fella
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched that last quarter again just now. Amazing effort from everyone really and a lot of things that I missed originally but Timmy was really big with his efforts and tackling, Bont laid 4 tackles and won free kicks for 2 of them, Buku with some big punches and taps.

Post Thanks / Like

Woof woof!

Brilliant win.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a win that supercharges self-belief. There were a few times where I thought, "They are just too good. They can kick goals at will. We're condemned to play catch up football."
    They just marched it out of the centre and kicked 4 on the trot. And couple of other times they replied IMMEDIATELY to goals we kicked.

But we never CONCEDED. We collectively kept pushing. Every contest was full on. We piled on the pressure and won a famous victory.

I must pay tribute to our cobbled together defence. They were under enormous pressure the entire game. Gardner, Buku, Richards, Dale, Treloar, Keith - take a bow. Treloar was Caleb Daniel Mk2 last night and Bailey Dale continues to drive us forward with his long kicking.

I must also pay a big tribute to Tim English. He played his most telling game for the Club against the best ruck combo going around. He was ably supported by our midfield who really lifted in the second half, especially Jacko.
    Finally, Jamarra. What a great game he played. He really came of age last night with big contested marks, contests and 5 big ones.

And Garcia, West and Weightman created headaches for their defence. I am very happy. Let's keep rolling.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."