Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  354
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Ha. He looks like some privileged private school boy with that hair cut, the club he plays for and the attitude. Be he is just a lad from Coldstream. Bloody good footballer.
    Reminds me of Alfred E Neumann with that smug grin. He is a damn good footballer. I think our Bedendo has similar traits. Let’s hope he is as good!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Yes, head for the North Pole. I hear it's quite mild there atm.
    The superstition
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I just watched the last quarter, and Gawn was a bit reckless with his handballs, and tirned the ball over several times

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I scored the game in the record last night. Haven't done it since I was a kid.

I'm not superstitious but I guess it's my new thing.

Good distraction for the nerves too.

Macrae getting your blue pen working. Worth money on FB.

6. Likes Grantysghost, EasternWest, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Thanks B4L, she was tired for one day and full of beans for the rest so we were pretty lucky.

We've been through Mt Gambier, Adelaide, Wilpena Pound, Coober Pedy, Uluru, King's Canyon, Devil's Marbles, Daly Waters, Mataranka, Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine, Kununurra, Lake Argyle, Bungle Bungles, Derby, Barn Hill (south of Broome), Port Hedland and are currently at Karratha. Next is Exmouth, Monkey Mia, Dongara the Freo and that's the end of where we're booked to. We'll see what the motivation and money is like before we decide to go south west or cut back across.

Sorry to hijack thread, how about that Jamarra guy?
    How come you took a short cut?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    How come you took a short cut?

It's an older meme but it checks out.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Just a question for everyone is it a tactic that all our our tall defenders jump and try and spoil the same ball or is it a lack of faith in our ability to win a contest that see us continually give field advantage to their smalls when we fail to kill the contest?

Not to bring the chat negative still on a high last night, but there just seems to be a lot more improvement left in this group we gave up quite a few cheap goals last night.
    There’s a lot of blocking and jostling in a pack situation. You need multiple players involved sometimes to compress the pack, otherwise the forwards will pretend to fly for the ball but protect the player marking from your one man going up
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Just read the best players from the match report. Just about Melbourne’s best 6, certainly their best 6 on the park last night. Petty and Weideman the fill ins were good as well. We really beat them at their best last night. It really shows how much centre clearance tactics and fatigue from our players in last years finals contributed to us losing the GF

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-in-a-thriller
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    How good was Garcia’s goal to hit the front?

It wasn’t a regulation kick and let’s be honest; I thought he was 50/50 at best.

Amazing composure and didn’t look like missing.
    I read a post from an Eagles fan who saw a bit of Garcia's junior days. He said Garcia loves kicking a goal, and saw him kick 2 in a game from the back pocket.

I think we will see a lot more in the future.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Just read the best players from the match report. Just about Melbourne’s best 6, certainly their best 6 on the park last night. Petty and Weideman the fill ins were good as well. We really beat them at their best last night. It really shows how much centre clearance tactics and fatigue from our players in last years finals contributed to us losing the GF

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-in-a-thriller
    Dunno if we beat them at their best, well, at least if Goodwin's presser was anything to go by. He made a point of playing down Lever being out, but then made sure everyone knew Lever was out and how important Lever is and good Lever is.

It was really interesting that he also talked about massive momentum swings being a trait of Bulldogs games.

But I'm with you, put Lever in and they're better, put Daniel in and we're better. Both teams fielded were extremely strong.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I read a post from an Eagles fan who saw a bit of Garcia's junior days. He said Garcia loves kicking a goal, and saw him kick 2 in a game from the back pocket.

I think we will see a lot more in the future.
    I can see why we picked this kid, even with a bung knee at draft time I like his tenacity.

15. Likes Dry Rot, Testekill, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can see why we picked this kid, even with a bung knee at draft time I like his tenacity.
    West and Garcia add some grunt and tenacity we’ve been sorely lacking. Need to keep playing them both at every opportunity.

Garcia gives off big Clay Smith vibes.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, chef, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    West and Garcia add some grunt and tenacity we’ve been sorely lacking. Need to keep playing them both at every opportunity.

Garcia gives off big Clay Smith vibes.
    Yeah agree, there is definitely something about Garcia, he has some strong traits. His finishing on Saturday night was so crucial, and yet I still wonder whether if he has that same shot 10 times in a row, maybe he misses 3-4 times?

That's where if he can grow as a player - within that 'reliability' area of the game - he could really be a big-time player for us. If he improves his likeliness to make that shot to an 8 out of 10 chance, or develops the awareness to be able to see and use a teammate who might be better placed to capitalise, then he's going to be a success.
    He's got a lot of energy, and loves the physicality of the game.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Hannan did pretty well down back too.

He ran hard all game. You can see the types Bevo wants.