Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  354
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Dunno if we beat them at their best, well, at least if Goodwin's presser was anything to go by. He made a point of playing down Lever being out, but then made sure everyone knew Lever was out and how important Lever is and good Lever is.

It was really interesting that he also talked about massive momentum swings being a trait of Bulldogs games.

But I'm with you, put Lever in and they're better, put Daniel in and we're better. Both teams fielded were extremely strong.
    Yeah I saw that. I just thought their replacements played well, all their best players played well, they were all over us at half time, we just wanted it more

Anyway whoever said they wanted to see Alex Keath smiling should watch this, 30 seconds in

https://www.facebook.com/35656064748...28Mal/?app=fbl
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Yeah agree, there is definitely something about Garcia, he has some strong traits. His finishing on Saturday night was so crucial, and yet I still wonder whether if he has that same shot 10 times in a row, maybe he misses 3-4 times?

That's where if he can grow as a player - within that 'reliability' area of the game - he could really be a big-time player for us. If he improves his likeliness to make that shot to an 8 out of 10 chance, or develops the awareness to be able to see and use a teammate who might be better placed to capitalise, then he's going to be a success.
    He's got a lot of energy, and loves the physicality of the game.
    I would much prefer Garcia and West playing forward than Treloar and McComb for example, much better suited to those roles and it’s no surprise we feel more balanced and potent.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Yeah agree, there is definitely something about Garcia, he has some strong traits. His finishing on Saturday night was so crucial, and yet I still wonder whether if he has that same shot 10 times in a row, maybe he misses 3-4 times?

That's where if he can grow as a player - within that 'reliability' area of the game - he could really be a big-time player for us. If he improves his likeliness to make that shot to an 8 out of 10 chance, or develops the awareness to be able to see and use a teammate who might be better placed to capitalise, then he's going to be a success.
    He's got a lot of energy, and loves the physicality of the game.
    Like who really cares... He owned the moment. There was no hesitation from Garcia after he took the mark. He simply steadied and from a tight angel put it straight through the middle.

It would've been easy to blink in that situation given the state of the game and look for the pass, but he knew what he was doing and nailed it... I like the confidence to execute under extreme pressure... and I like his hardness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Like who really cares... He owned the moment. There was no hesitation from Garcia after he took the mark. He simply steadied and from a tight angel put it straight through the middle.

It would've been easy to blink in that situation given the state of the game and look for the pass, but he knew what he was doing and nailed it... I like the confidence to execute under extreme pressure... and I like his hardness.
    Well said Mantis.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can see why we picked this kid, even with a bung knee at draft time I like his tenacity.
    The club must have seen something in him as it's more than a bit strange to select a player coming off a knee injury and still bring him over. I'd say they were of the belief than one of the WA clubs would rookie list him so that why we took him on our main list.

On face value this was another good list management and recruiting decision.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Was JJ on Salem? I feel like Salem wasn't really that amazing on Saturday and didn't provide the usual drive, mostly racking up cheap possessions.

8. Likes GVGjr, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Was JJ on Salem? I feel like Salem wasn't really that amazing on Saturday and didn't provide the usual drive, mostly racking up cheap possessions.
    Interesting point. I did think Salem was quiet but never considered there might be a tag. For JJs sake I hope that was his role

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I would much prefer Garcia and West playing forward than Treloar and McComb for example, much better suited to those roles and it’s no surprise we feel more balanced and potent.
    I know he doesn't exactly give the stats team RSI but McNeil also in our forward mix just looks better than having the rotating mids down there. We won 6 on the bounce early last year with McNeil and Scott as our pressure forwards, and with West/Garcia added to the mix in recent weeks it works even better.

If we can just tweak our centre clearance work (which to be fair we did after half time this week), we are a potent team. The rest of our game was 7 goals better than Melbourne on the weekend. This is why I hate the idea of giving up on 2022 - we are a very good team who should have been performing better than we have so far this season, and this week showed what we are capable of.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes Testekill, azabob, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I know he doesn't exactly give the stats team RSI but McNeil also in our forward mix just looks better than having the rotating mids down there. We won 6 on the bounce early last year with McNeil and Scott as our pressure forwards, and with West/Garcia added to the mix in recent weeks it works even better.

If we can just tweak our centre clearance work (which to be fair we did after half time this week), we are a potent team. The rest of our game was 7 goals better than Melbourne on the weekend. This is why I hate the idea of giving up on 2022 - we are a very good team who should have been performing better than we have so far this season, and this week showed what we are capable of.
    He had 18 pressure acts.

Weightman had 6, West 9, Garcia 11.

He's a pressing machine, always up in their face.

13. Likes Testekill, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

I guess we care, and Garcia has been guilty too, when one of our guys misses similar defining moments.

So kudos for Garcia for nailing his lines this time, because collectively this has been an ongoing issue and its cost us on a number of occasions.

Post Thanks / Like

Our forward press always looks better when McNeil plays, and I don’t think he’s completely toothless inside 50. I’d pick him every week.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes Sedat, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Our forward press always looks better when McNeil plays, and I don’t think he’s completely toothless inside 50. I’d pick him every week.
    I doubt he's ever going to be a big possession winner but he makes up for it in other ways.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I always thought you were smarter than your average footy nuffy.

20. Thanks Happy Days thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With just over 6 minutes left Melbourne did not score again.

With 4 minutes and 38 seconds left Garcia kicks a goal and we hit the front.

The entire team held onto a 4 point lead for over four minutes of actual game time.

Considering how shaky our back 7 have been, how much our midfield brigade defensive efforts have been questioned.

Honestly, it was a remarkable effort.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Not to be critical but there should be a different color used for each quarter.
    You also need to work on the picket fence for 5 goals. Bottom left of the first goal to top right of the 4th.
    I also list the players who start the quarter on the bench....but that's just me
    When I was very young and not being able to get to the night premiership rounds at South's ground I would listen to 3DB and mark down goals and behinds kicked, how many marks and kicks our boys got. Dumb if you are relying on commentators I realized later in life.

23. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post