Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  94
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Fremantle R21 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    We need to change things up. Bevo will always be a club legend but time has come.8 years in the one role is a great effort but time for a change.

Look at what Collingwood have done. GF in 2019 and quickly back in the top 4.

New ideas and the side is rejuvenated.
    Slight overreaction

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    All the buzz about the club this week seemed to be about how amazing we were going to look in our retro kits, and Darcy making his debut. Perhaps I'm not paying attention or am paying attention to the wrong things, but I didn't hear much about how we're geared up for a massive crack at keeping our season alive and doing everything we can do to make it so.

Yep, I'm angry and borderline irrational.......well probably over the borderline, but it just seemed again like we weren't focused and I'm blaming the retro outfits because that's what a borderline or genuinely irrational person would do!
    It just took me back to 97 live.

I was ok with it until I actually saw them game day.

Burn it!

Post Thanks / Like

What really does my head in is the way that my emotions get abused. Like we beat Melbourne with our best performance of the year, play a cracking first quarter against Geelong completely dominating them, are still in the game at half time, then collapse like a burst ballooon. Then in the most vital game of the season, against a team that has been totally out of form, we just don't fire a shot. That's emotional abuse 101.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

4. Likes angelopetraglia, Grantysghost, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That first half was a *!*!*!*!ing disgrace.

Just a complete lack of on field leadership. Bont and Jacko aren't the guys to take us forward as our main leaders if that's what they're going to dish up when things aren't going our way.

Libba isn't any better, he plays undisciplined and unaccountable football all the time (but doesn't get called out for it enough), and for some reason thinks it's OK to mouth of and give away undisciplined fifty metre penalties.

Really bad stuff.
    Those 50s were pathetic. I watched the way Brayshaw went about it for a bit kind of isolated him and my word he's a hard worker.
    He was like a hunter going for the ball carrier. None of our guys do that at the intensity he does and with the repeat efforts.
    Super player.

I'm seriously starting to doubt our midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Forwards who sit off and hope the ball gets over the defender... when Freo play three defenders and Luke Ryan who is an excellent reader of the ball.

Dumb, dumb set up
    Probably in response to the ineptitude delivering it inside 50.
    You can't lead to these guys they just burn you.

Post Thanks / Like

Get off the field Garcia.

That was pathetic.
    One clanger, a really bad one, but I thought he was otherwise really good.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    What really does my head in is the way that my emotions get abused. Like we beat Melbourne with our best performance of the year, play a cracking first quarter against Geelong completely dominating them, are still in the game at half time, then collapse like a burst ballooon. Then in the most vital game of the season, against a team that has been totally out of form, we just don't fire a shot. That's emotional abuse 101.
    There just wasn't a time in the game I felt like we were a chance.
    To be honest the Melbourne game was the same we just found something in the last quarter, maybe the GF motivation got us there.
    Bevo pulled the magic lever for the Saints game. It worked for a while but we lost the spirit of the Buffalo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    There just wasn't a time in the game I felt like we were a chance.
    To be honest the Melbourne game was the same we just found something in the last quarter, maybe the GF motivation got us there.
    Bevo pulled the magic lever for the Saints game. It worked for a while but we lost the spirit of the Buffalo.
    My son was devastated, his 2nd loss witnessed but like you said and like I told him they were just so much better than us. We didn't deserve to be even as close as we got. They destroyed us

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    My son was devastated, his 2nd loss witnessed but like you said and like I told him they were just so much better than us. We didn't deserve to be even as close as we got. They destroyed us
    Argh sorry for your son mate!

You have to be made of stern stuff to follow the dogs thats for sure. But we've been lucky of late.
    Hopefully he will see some good times ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home now.

Disappointed with that today. Just could not get it going. Couldn’t find the magic spark to get us back. We are woeful defensively.

Freo well on top today and deserved the win.

Must rely on others now to slip up if we are a chance but to be honest if we miraculously make it will be making up the numbers.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The thing that frustrates me is there's really only one way we get beaten, and it's actually the same way every team gets beaten in modern footy. However, because we're lacking personnel in defence we just can't hide it as well as some other teams might.

It's not that our game style is too taxing either. Every team has to show up in the midfield, and constrain ball movement between the arcs when they don't have the football.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I blame Robodog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Those 50s were pathetic. I watched the way Brayshaw went about it for a bit kind of isolated him and my word he's a hard worker.
    He was like a hunter going for the ball carrier. None of our guys do that at the intensity he does and with the repeat efforts.
    Super player.

I'm seriously starting to doubt our midfield.
    I’ve said all along our midfield is overrated by prima donnas. We may have the best looking on paper (Bont, dunks, macrae, smith, Libba, Hunter and Treloar) but when it comes to effort required offensively AND defensively, it leaves a lot to be desired.

I’d start with Hunter and Macrae gone and work from there to begin with.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    One clanger, a really bad one, but I thought he was otherwise really good.
    He was actually OK I agree, but a bit grubby with the footy at times.

I really like him, was just frustrated with that particular effort but to be fair my reaction was a culmination of watching ill-considered and selfish play by a lot of our players forward of centre this evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I’ve said all along our midfield is overrated by prima donnas. We may have the best looking on paper (Bont, dunks, macrae, smith, Libba, Hunter and Treloar) but when it comes to effort required offensively AND defensively, it leaves a lot to be desired.

I’d start with Hunter and Macrae gone and work from there to begin with.
    Macrae is, outside of Smith and Bont sometimes, the only midfielder who consistently has the balls to run at the defence and try and get the football forward with multiple possession chains between the arcs. Losing him would be a nightmare for us.

Without him we'd just handball backwards until we're in row thirty seven.