Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  75
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned. Round twenty one 2022 v Fremantle

And away you go...
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round twenty one 2022 v Fremantle

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Darcy has incredible hands and ball motion sense – he will be a marking machine.

2. Although we often win centre clearance stats, when we lose it is very damaging. Poor set-up, one-paced, and fumbly when in possession. How long ago it seems from early 2021 when everyone was saying how invincible they were.

3. Team selection needs to be scrutinised. Players not suited to roles (Adz at HB), players not dropped for poor form (Bruce).

Bonus. We are being outcoached every week. A review of coaching staff is essential and that includes the premiership coach. I don’t know who has authority to do that but it must be done over the break.

Extra. The pattern has been set. Play in a grand final and don’t play finals the following year!

Post Thanks / Like

1. Matthew Boyd should be our defensive coach, not Fremantle's.
    2. We need to recruit a top line key defender.
    3. The selection committee are surely half cut when they pick the team.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Maybe it is time to change things up and get new ideas in to rejuvenate the team much like Collingwood have done.

2. Dunks probably wont be there next year but I would like to see him lead the team if he stays. We just don't have leadership.

3. We were certainly shown up for pace and our game plan doesn't stack up when sides have good skill and play possession football.

6. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post

2. Dunks probably wont be there next year but I would like to see him lead the team if he stays. We just don't have leadership.
    1. This. We lack leadership across the lines.

2. If Dunkley leaves, we are going to be really soft.

2. Our small/no name pressure players like mcNeil, Garcia and West are not the reason we are poor.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Something is wrong. We are so easy to score against it's pathetic. Time for a serious coaching shake up. Our 'system' stinks.

2. We have no plan B, in fact I don't think we even have a plan A. We just rely on individual moments of brilliance. Our team on paper oozes glamour and star power but we couldn't play with any coherence or system today and Fremantle picked our bones clean like we were a gnu carcass baking in the Serengheti sun. And we actually probably stunk just as bad as that gnu carcass as well.

3. Lobb played great today but I still don't understand why we are chasing him. He played well today because they played Wirth a great system with lots of space and we let them. If Lobb was playing for us today he would have struggled to find space and would have been flying in packs with Jamarra, Bruce, Naughton and Weightman....... How does that help us? We need a PROPER back up ruckman not another tall forward.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Field kicking was atrocious today with the number of turnovers due to bad kicking

2. Keath is almost COOKED

3. Darcy can play with men
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Our zone is atrocious. We have players marking blades of grass and other teams transition is too easy and quick

2. Our B grade assistant coaching panel is on display against the top 8 teams. All grapevine - but I’ve head Bevo is tough to work w in the coaches box. IF (if) that is true it explains why we can’t get an Mark Williams/Rocket Eade level of assistant coach in there which I think we desperately need

3. Take a bow Ed Richards. Outstanding. The kicking on his right foot overall was superb

Side note - personally I’m glad we aren’t going to limp into finals and just make up the numbers. Send Bont and Naughton for surgery now, play guys in roles we want to test them for the preseason.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Forwards who don't lead are useless, and at times we played 6 of them at the same time

2. Giving up the cheap, short 45' kick kills us every week

3. We lack 'spirit' and don't deserve finals.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes jeemak, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    3. Darcy can play with men
    It's my immature mind at play here. I was eating my wheat bix this morning and almost choked when I read this.

He did really well for his first game. Transitioned to the higher level with ease.

16. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The club, for the second time in recent history, fails to acknowledge the passing of an important past Bulldog. That’s not good enough. Pretty disgusting, but emblematic of that side of Coib culture under Ameet Baines, who is taking care of the commercial side of things, but under his leadership the treatment of fans and commit,ent to Club identity has been as poor as it’s ever been.

2. Bevo spent the last of his credits he had gained from a second GF appearance. He’s got two games and a miracle OR until half time R2 2023 to put some spirit into our game, and stop the gifting of goals direct from centre bounces until I am back in full sack the coach mode.

3. We are going to have to shoot one of our gun midfielders to change the mix. The chemistry isn’t right.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The mids against real quality get exposed. Not at all as good collectively as they are individually and are very one paced.
    Their delivery inside 50 is atrocious and as has been spoken about here don’t work hard enough defensively with the exception of Dunkley.
    Macrae was played mainly on the wing so I guess we were trying that a bit with Smith for pace so maybe we already realise this.

2. Freo are a very well coached side with a core of players who may deliver them the ultimate.

3. Dunkley is our best midfielder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    1. The mids against real quality get exposed. Not at all as good collectively as they are individually and are very one paced.
    Their delivery inside 50 is atrocious and as has been spoken about here don’t work hard enough defensively with the exception of Dunkley.
    Macrae was played mainly on the wing so I guess we were trying that a bit with Smith for pace so maybe we already realise this.

2. Freo are a very well coached side with a core of players who may deliver them the ultimate.

3. Dunkley is our best midfielder.
    He played exceptionally yesterday, however, he is completely incapable of moving the footy forward quickly or playing any other role than the one he does. I do really like him but if he's going he's still the one I want to see go.

I was an outlier when it came to Daniel Cross and his "disposal efficiency" and overall contribution to the mix. Perhaps I just have an issue with players who can't kick it quickly.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

1. If we don’t completely revamp our defence for 2023 we will not make finals again

2. Individually we can be brilliant, but team wise we can suck balls

3. Bevo refuses to play a one on one game style when we are being slaughtered…why?

Extra: this team needs more than a tweak. It’s needs leadership on field and it’s needs to be instilled with a TEAM FIRST mentality. Players need to be picked on merit. It can turn around. Look at Collingwood. They are playing as a TEAM. Question is, do we have the ability to turn our ego’s around. ? And how will the impact of losing “Dunkley, Williams, Hunter” have on the playing group if it eventuated ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

21. Likes Grantysghost, Bulldog Joe liked this post