Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  94
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Fremantle R21 2022

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    He certainly seemed more “realist” than “optimist” on this occasion. Glad the question about Bruce was asked and I’d expect him to make way for Schache this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I thought he sat on the fence there. Saying you have to reward VFL but also saying it was a lopsided game and will review at the end of the week.
    Yeah I wouldn't expect to see Schache replace Bruce on the back of those comments. He said it will be reviewed during the week but Bruce is progressing week on week and I think we'll want to get as much game time into him as we possibly can.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Even as high as the wing we were happy to give up short passes to players on their own which gave them free ride to hit up someone like Lobb and, easy as you like, it's inside 50 for a goal. Very frustrating to watch and agree with your asessment of the zone.
    The first half reminded me/ was a carbon copy of the Sydney game last year at Marvel where we got utterly smashed for uncontested marks and possession, and only went down by a few goals.

To me, outside of smashing us at centre clearances, it's the best way to do us over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    A lot of things went wrong last night. Hardly anything went right and we lost by 17 points. But it did look like we were clearly out coached and they had the superior game plan. Losing both King and Hansen was a massive blow and that we didn’t replace long term A Grade assistants with A grade talent is disappointing. I know Hansen left late and caught us off guard but we knew King was leaving.

Does Bevo actually enjoy being the genius with a 1,000 helpers or does he actually want to bring in talented A Grade coaching staff who will challenge him, bring in new ideas and make us better.
    We didn't quite get enough from our better players and that hurt us but the part that really hurt us was that quick response by Fremantle whenever we looked like getting a run on. They answered any and all challenges we could throw at them.

Regarding Bevo, there is no questions that he wants to win and for the side to be a relevant one in finals and you would hope he can identify if he needs a different level of support to help achieve that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Just watched the presser, Bevo seemed as if he was smelling burnt toast he was that angry.

Was actually quite respectful though, credit to him.
    Also watched the presser. Agee, he was angry but respectful. He doesn’t have his head in the sand. He can eloquently diagnose where we lost the game and the elements that hurt us the most. I guess it was obvious, but then worrying that we were powerless to adjust a game to combat what they were doing.

Was it intent? Is it talent? Is it cohesion? Is coaching communication?
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 07-08-2022 at 10:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Also watched the presser. Agee, he was angry but respectful. He doesn’t have his head in the sand. He can eloquently diagnosed where we lost the game and the elements that hurt us the most. I guess it was obvious, but then worrying that we powerless to adjust a game to combat what they were doing.

Was it intent? Is it talent? Is it cohesion? Is coaching communication?
    He gets a lot of shit, but as long as he doesn't get asked silly questions he's usually pretty good.

I honestly think he's worried about our defence, which to me came through in the presser. He knows we don't have the quality in talls that other teams do and that it stops us from being able to rebound quickly and cleanly. The amount of pressure we put on our smaller and medium sized defenders is massive compared to other well equipped sides. We are always scrambling in defence and starting from a much deeper position because we don't have the impenetrable wall other sides have across half back.

And really, that's where attack starts from.

6. Likes DOG GOD, Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He gets a lot of shit, but as long as he doesn't get asked silly questions he's usually pretty good.
    Bevo probably deserved a bit of it in the first half of the season but he has been very good since.
    Honest and accurate answers and well worth listening to. You can sense he's frustrated with our performances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Bevo probably deserved a bit of it in the first half of the season but he has been very good since.
    Honest and accurate answers and well worth listening to. You can sense he's frustrated with our performances.
    There's a pretty basic rule to follow with him. Don't take much notice of what he says leading up to a game, and take notice of what he says after a game.

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Spot on

I was critical of him in the Morris affair but he's been really good since harnessing the spirit of the Buffalo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Spot on

I was critical of him in the Morris affair but he's been really good since harnessing the spirit of the Buffalo.
    It's a part of his job that I suspect he would prefer not to do but it's one that needs to be done.
    Credit to him.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think he's worried about our defence, which to me came through in the presser. He knows we don't have the quality in talls that other teams do and that it stops us from being able to rebound quickly and cleanly. The amount of pressure we put on our smaller and medium sized defenders is massive compared to other well equipped sides. We are always scrambling in defence and starting from a much deeper position because we don't have the impenetrable wall other sides have across half back.
    HappyDays idea of targeting Paddy McCartin is growing on me more and more. I've checked and believe he is an unrestricted free agent. We just have to give him an offer that makes him turn down Sydneys.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    HappyDays idea of targeting Paddy McCartin is growing on me more and more. I've checked and believe he is an unrestricted free agent. We just have to give him an offer that makes him turn down Sydneys.
    He'll be waving it around after this endorsement.......

I don't disagree, but I don't think it's achievable.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree but it makes me question the way we set up even further.

Our back half can't defend, but we invite the opposition to take territory all across the ground by laying off the mark and effectively guarding nothing.

Surely if you know our defence is the weakest point, you press high if anything to mitigate the amount of ball it potentially gets. Laying off the mark and conceding territory is downright stupid for our list. If Melbourne did it because they WANT you to kick to May/Lever/Gawn, that's a different story.
    W00F!

16. Likes EasternWest, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Yep. Clubs are just too damn courteous when it comes to recruiting and trading. Get in his ear and force his hand, or at least, you know, try. Would have to think given his history that a long term contract would appeal to him and maybe be a risk that Sydney are unwilling to take.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

You haven't lived until you cop a footy in the head.
    Bont is a lovely man.
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg9FW...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha, intergenerational savageness. Love it.

I copped some of the most massive sprays I've ever copped from my dad at the footy. I reckon that game against Norf where we got done by 136pts in 96 took the cake. About five minutes to go in the second we were down by a lot and I tried to cheer my old man up and say we're still a chance if we just kick a couple before half time.

He brought me back down to earth pretty quickly.
    Worse game I have ever been to. Carey ran amok.