Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  136
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V GWS Giants R22 2022

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    But with our refusal to play one on one, aren’t we allowing GWS to play that way ?
    The issue is the turnovers when we have the ball. We win the ball and then give it back. Cost us dearly last week. This week GWS were not good enough to take advantage of the turnovers. Except two vital ones by ED and Daniel.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be the first to admit it was a shitty game and one of the hardest to watch this season but if you look deep enough there were some positives to come out of it.

I think Mofra called out Marra's potential and while it wasn't necessarily a great game from him there were many positive way's he impacted the game.

Richards and Dale across the back line were sensational.
    Bontempelli rallied in the last quarter when the game was right on the line like all good leaders should.
    Naughton has some major highlights and Treloar ran hard all game.
    Liberatore was sensational in handling a full on tag and he had some crucial contests in the last quarter.

Not all doom and gloom from my perspective.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I’m convinced that game was rigged but the Giants are just too sad pathetic and shit to hold up their end of the bargain.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I aged ten years watching that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I’m Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    I aged ten years watching that
    Only 10? My hair turned white

Post Thanks / Like

A win that feels like a loss. So many players are out of form. Fumbles, handballs backwards to players under pressure. I didn’t understand how we were planning to win this game because to my eyes allowing all those uncontested kicks in the backline didn’t mean the orange ones couldn’t then find options including being able to centre it. What exactly is Plan B? I have no idea.

It’s like whatever happened in Q3 at Geelong ended our season and we’re just playing out the rest of the season with no real zest, dash or spirit. There were so few memorable bits of play. Just feels like we are mentally shot - or physically ? When the siren went Bont was on his haunches for ages.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Missed the last quarter due to a commitment ... probably saved me from a heart attack. Do you job tonight Melbourne!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cordy nearly lost us the game with the two undisciplined acts in the last quarter
    What was the second one? He gave away the downfield on the half forward flank. The bump was a ripper and legal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    What was the second one? He gave away the downfield on the half forward flank. The bump was a ripper and legal.
    He belted Tanner Bruhn and somehow didn’t give away another free. It was like 7x the free that the two they actually paid were.

Post Thanks / Like

That was an absolutely constipated game of footy. GWS trying to bore us to death. We’re really struggling for any flow and fluency to our game. Some awful disposal especially into forward 50. I love Naughts but he needs more awareness of when his teammates are in position for a mark. He spoils Marra constantly.
    Dale was targeted by GWS all day, at every centre clearance they were physically into him. And of course he got done for reacting. Other than that he was great.
    My love for Ed Richards has reached epic levels. He’s brilliant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Only 10? My hair turned white
    It only went white? That's nothing. Mine was white by half time. I'd torn it all out by the final siren
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

13. Likes G-Mo77, Bulldog4life, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He belted Tanner Bruhn and somehow didn’t give away another free. It was like 7x the free that the two they actually paid were.
    The bump? It was a shepherd, didn’t get him high, in play, wasn’t paid a free. Not gonna hang him for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    That was an absolutely constipated game of footy. GWS trying to bore us to death. We’re really struggling for any flow and fluency to our game. Some awful disposal especially into forward 50. I love Naughts but he needs more awareness of when his teammates are in position for a mark. He spoils Marra constantly.
    Dale was targeted by GWS all day, at every centre clearance they were physically into him. And of course he got done for reacting. Other than that he was great.
    My love for Ed Richards has reached epic levels. He’s brilliant
    Naughton crushed that game but some systemic force decided that he wasn’t getting shit. Three contested clunks turned over, a goal turned over, a couple of frees against invented out of thin air. As far as I’m concerned he kicked 5 goals and that was a 35 point win.

Post Thanks / Like

Just happy to have got the win today. Wasn’t the greatest game ever but a win is a win. Finals still a chance. Blues need to lose.

Having dinner now at the Mona Castle Hotel in Seddon to celebrate.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

17. Likes Happy Days, merantau, Bulldog4life, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I watched it on replay when I got home and it was actually a fair bump.
    Nailed him.